250 tickets for Salford game

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

super_les_mcjannet
Team Supported: Darlington

250 tickets for Salford game

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:15 pm

loan_star

Re: 250 tickets for Salford game

Post by loan_star » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:17 pm

That all? Twats

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:24 pm

Not getting my money anyway...

Sat ont shitter

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:30 pm

Very, very disappointing but honestly not surprised.

Yet again a very small minority of idiots have ruined it for the regular fan.
HarrytheQuaker wrote:Not getting my money anyway...

Sat ont shitter
Not that they need it.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:37 pm

Not the biggest surprise really, in fact we have a thread on here from a week or so ago.

Hopefully the game goes off without any issue on and off the pitch, I can accept defeat but not with suspensions for people losing their heads over one game against a team with no real relevance to us.
Last edited by super_les_mcjannet on Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:41 pm

I'd say let's only give them 250 tickets for our home game but that'd all be 200 too many!

Hopefully this will mean no crowd trouble because that is the last thing we need again this season.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:44 pm

Not surprised it is all ticket, however I find it a little strange that it states no segregation will be in place.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:46 pm

quakerste wrote:Not surprised it is all ticket, however I find it a little strange that it states no segregation will be in place.
Obviously haven't realised how Glen and Mary's supporters bus kicks off week in/week out ;) :lol:

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:37 pm

Given the farce and folk devil making from last season this was always going to happen. What surprises me is the paltry amount we've been given. Hopefully they won't sell out. And come the playoffs, should we have to return, we'd have augment to justify a more respectable amount. I'd argue for half, but the league will have to finalise such things, should it happen.

However this goes back to a point I've referred to over and over again, considering their ground only holds 1400 and according to the fa guidelines they need a minimum capacity of 1950 to play at step four, what exactly are they doing to avoid automatic relegation at the end of the season? And as for promotion, you need a capacity of 3000 at step two. It beggars belief that with all their backing, and the media love in, there has been no mention of developing what could be a pretty tidy venue (assuming they flattened the concrete stand and started from scratch).

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:50 pm

I'm not surprised we've got so few tickets - the less Darlo fans the better for them. It's disappointing, especially after they gave 350 tickets for each of their FA cup home matches, but I assume it complies with the league rules.

I am surprised that it isn't segregated. It seems ridiculous after the incidents of last year.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:05 am

Here is a conspiracy for you. The camera crews from the BBC are filming Salford again at the moment for a second series (Sorry Alan Partridge just pops into my head for some reason).

What if they want to appear to be 'outnumbering' us this time out.

They could just not show anything about the Darlo game...they have that power as well obviously!

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:44 am

dickdarlington wrote:
However this goes back to a point I've referred to over and over again, considering their ground only holds 1400 and according to the fa guidelines they need a minimum capacity of 1950 to play at step four, what exactly are they doing to avoid automatic relegation at the end of the season? And as for promotion, you need a capacity of 3000 at step two. It beggars belief that with all their backing, and the media love in, there has been no mention of developing what could be a pretty tidy venue (assuming they flattened the concrete stand and started from scratch).
Been thinking the same thing, especially given what the fa are doing to Truro City. (Spend £100K to upgrade by 31 March or get relegated even though they will not be playing at that ground next season, article about it in last match prog.) Salford hardly need extra time to raise the money!!!

Darl-Zero

Post by Darl-Zero » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:55 pm

They may be a BBC hobby club, and our promotion rivals, but I totally
agree with this decision.
The people to blame are the once a season drunken coachloads
who came down from Darlo last season.
I just hope some care is taken about who gets the 250 tickets.
Its annoying cause I live just 15 miles away (hmmm!) and I behaved
perfectly well the last 2 seasons.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:57 pm

lo36789 wrote:Here is a conspiracy for you. The camera crews from the BBC are filming Salford again at the moment for a second series (Sorry Alan Partridge just pops into my head for some reason).

What if they want to appear to be 'outnumbering' us this time out.

They could just not show anything about the Darlo game...they have that power as well obviously!
Didnt show anything of our game in the last series.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:10 pm

Darl-Zero wrote:They may be a BBC hobby club, and our promotion rivals, but I totally
Go to Salford and buy one of their tickets then. It's unsegregated.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:47 pm

al_quaker wrote:
Darl-Zero wrote:They may be a BBC hobby club, and our promotion rivals, but I totally
Go to Salford and buy one of their tickets then. It's unsegregated.
Some Darlo fans did on the way to Marine today...

Sat ont shitter

KCChiefs
Team Supported: Darlington/Forest

Post by KCChiefs » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:08 pm

There'll be more than 250 Darlo there on the day, i know some who live in the area and will be getting this week and as mentioned, some have already got some on the way to Marine.

Barmy decision to make it all ticket and not segregated.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:29 pm

KCChiefs wrote: Barmy decision to make it all ticket and not segregated.
Yeah it's utterly ridiculous. If they had segregated it too it would have seemed a reasonable response to the incidents of last season. Instead, what they have done, in my opinion, seems purely an attempt to reduce the number of Darlington fans. If the troublemakers want to go they can still go and cause trouble. Not that I think they will actually go this year as this year it's not as big a game.

Doesn't actually make any difference to me as I'm not going and I never was going to go. I just hope we come away with a point or three!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:13 pm

One worry that I have is that if/when there is any trouble at Salford, then this gives the FA their chance to throw the book at us (again) perhaps even invoking the suspended penalty of 12 points deduction. Further conspiracy would be that Salford fans start it up, especially if there is no segregation, as this would help their cause and effectively remove our chances of making the play-offs. So let's make sure everyone going is on their best behaviour, club should be doing our own stewarding of our fans (with a video-cam handy for evidence). Best of all, support the team and bring home 3 points.

Beano

Post by Beano » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:01 pm

After the deliberate debacle of last season they will not receive a penny of my money.

I'd rather pay double to attend our home fixture.

TangerineDream
Team Supported: Salford City

Post by TangerineDream » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:34 pm

How do! The decision to make the game all ticket was not ours. It was made for us by the Football Association following the disturbances both during and after last seasons game. However, I find it completely baffling that having had this decision made on our behalf we are not then putting segregation into place which somehow defeats the object of the whole exercise. Not that I believe in segregation at our level but the safety of spectators - and match officials - is obviously the main contributory reason why I personally think it should have been made a stipulation. For obvious reasons I'm also at a loss to understand why the match isn't being played on a Tuesday night to endorse the F.A.'s stance on the matter. Let's hope for everyone's sake that the day remains an uneventful one. At least off the pitch!

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:03 pm

TangerineDream wrote:
How do! The decision to make the game all ticket was not ours. It was made for us by the Football Association following the disturbances both during and after last seasons game. However, I find it completely baffling that having had this decision made on our behalf we are not then putting segregation into place which somehow defeats the object of the whole exercise. Not that I believe in segregation at our level but the safety of spectators - and match officials - is obviously the main contributory reason why I personally think it should have been made a stipulation. For obvious reasons I'm also at a loss to understand why the match isn't being played on a Tuesday night to endorse the F.A.'s stance on the matter. Let's hope for everyone's sake that the day remains an uneventful one. At least off the pitch!
I for one would be very surprised if trouble kicks off at this game..None of the idiots will get any tickets as they will be well controlled,
I am surprised however that they have not put in any segregation which is the norm for all ticket games.
It will be interesting to see if we are allowed to stand on the grassy bank at the ground, as we were told on several occasions last season (at HP) that league rules forbid this.

bga

Post by bga » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:39 pm

jjljks wrote:One worry that I have is that if/when there is any trouble at Salford, then this gives the FA their chance to throw the book at us (again) perhaps even invoking the suspended penalty of 12 points deduction. Further conspiracy would be that Salford fans start it up, especially if there is no segregation, as this would help their cause and effectively remove our chances of making the play-offs. So let's make sure everyone going is on their best behaviour, club should be doing our own stewarding of our fans (with a video-cam handy for evidence). Best of all, support the team and bring home 3 points.
The Ruling on the suspended 12 points made it clear that it would only apply IF we fielded another ineligible player.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:30 pm

jjljks wrote:One worry that I have is that if/when there is any trouble at Salford, then this gives the FA their chance to throw the book at us (again) perhaps even invoking the suspended penalty of 12 points deduction.
:? You been on the wacky baccy?

TDS

Post by TDS » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:46 am

Maybe a good way to turn this into a positive for us is to donate the ticket price to the club, if you cant go.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:47 am

TDS wrote:Maybe a good way to turn this into a positive for us is to donate the ticket price to the club, if you cant go.
Excellent idea, but you should have added "or won't go" :roll:

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:17 am

loan_star wrote:
jjljks wrote:One worry that I have is that if/when there is any trouble at Salford, then this gives the FA their chance to throw the book at us (again) perhaps even invoking the suspended penalty of 12 points deduction.
:? You been on the wacky baccy?
Somebody might have slipped something in my pint :o
Definitely, as have just seen someone like Mike Ashley talking to someone like Dan Burn in the Deacon! Can anyone confirm??
Last edited by jjljks on Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:45 pm

The fact that there is no segregation makes it look very much like it's not about limiting the chances of any trouble and more about simply limiting the number of people cheering Darlington on in a big game. However you look at the decision, the net result is that a lot of genuine Darlington supporters will not get the chance to follow their club in an important match when there will be more than enough room to accommodate them in the ground. Salford has to be one of the least welcoming non-league clubs in the country. I really hope the lads shove it right up their arrogant Class of 92 arses.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:09 pm

Did anyone really expect anything less than this from Salford? Their Chairwoman is an absolute wrong'en. Regularly making a fool of herself for those that are on social media.

If Salford are blaming this on previous events then why don't they segregate? How do they know any troublemakers won't get hold of tickets?

Plain and simple, it's a spiteful act to stop a high amount of Darlo fans going down. Preventing the majority of well-behaved fans from seeing their team. Puts the club in a situation with who gets allocated what now.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:27 pm

I was planning to go to Salford for a rare away trip, but think it would be fairer to let someone go who follows them to all the away games. So I'll stay at home and donate the ticket price to the club.