Hignett new Pools Manager

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

PierremontQuaker03
Team Supported: Darlington

Hignett new Pools Manager

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:59 pm

Always remember a few years ago, we played Rochdale away we were absolutely dire for the whole game, were losing 1-0 and up popped Hignett with an equaliser. Awful game almost felt like a victory.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

satchmo76
Team Supported: Barnsley

Re: Hignett new Pools Manager

Post by satchmo76 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:08 am

I'm a Barnsley fan - he was an excellent player for us. He also does good work for charity.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:30 am

Let's hope he can turn them around and build a team capable of challenging for the Conference Play-Offs next season.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

BaronsCourtQuaker

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:44 am

Suspect the Hartlepool fan's will be happy with that one. He was assistant their last time they had a good run if im not mistaken?

Although I quite like the bloke I hope he goes on to struggle. I enjoy watching them floundering down there.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:10 am

They are doomed!

RUMPLESTILTSKIN

Post by RUMPLESTILTSKIN » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:33 pm

satchmo76 wrote:I'm a Barnsley fan - he was an excellent player for us. He also does good work for charity.

Well, he's certainly taking on a needy charity case, so let's hope he is up to it. ;)
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:42 pm

Hopefully Hignett has been brought in to finish off the job Moore was trying to do this season, get them relegated!!

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:43 pm

Higgy,will look after higgy you can be sure of that, artlypools need to go down and I think they will , :D

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:59 pm

We need them in the league. Whilst we're where we are, we can't have them tapping into the limited pool of semi-professional players from this region. We're already employing players from further afield. Selfish I know, but I will happily have them struggle in League 2 until a time where we are back in the conference.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:05 pm

They won't go semi pro if they were in the conference, at least initially. It's remarkable to think that there might only be a division between the 2 sides next season.

Hignett could be a good appointment, but as with all managerial appointments, there is an element of risk. Clearly, this is greater with a first time manager like Hignett. It could go well, but if things start going badly, then it could all fall apart. Obviously I'm hoping for the latter, but I think they will survive.

Dany Krap

Post by Dany Krap » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:39 am

I think the only chance Darlo have of playing Artlepool in a league fixture in my lifetime is if they end up in the conference.

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:57 am

Said it in the other thread but I've seen a fair bit of York this season as I have a mate who's a season ticket holder and they are pretty dire.

Dagenham are too, Newport could well drop down again now Sheridan has gone, Yeovil continue to freefall through the divisions and Pools have games in hand on all of them. Don't think you'll see them drop down this season, unfortunately.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:07 pm

Darlo_H wrote:Said it in the other thread but I've seen a fair bit of York this season as I have a mate who's a season ticket holder and they are pretty dire.

Dagenham are too, Newport could well drop down again now Sheridan has gone, Yeovil continue to freefall through the divisions and Pools have games in hand on all of them. Don't think you'll see them drop down this season, unfortunately.
I agree. I'd be happy enough to see them lose every remaining game but still stay up, then carry that form through to the next season.

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:27 pm

just imagine if we go up and they go down, well only be 1 division apart lol
:clap:

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:14 am

Pains me to say it, but the North East needs teams in the League just to remind those ****s in the South that we exist and have some raw young talent that needs to be developed. Best of luck Higgy