Back to Darlo - Bucket collections

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo Since 68
Team Supported: Darlington

Back to Darlo - Bucket collections

Post by Darlo Since 68 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:10 pm

Tonight we took £308.

This now takes the seasons total in excess of £3000 taken through the buckets so far.

This is an absolutely amazing figure.

Darlo fans are awesome

Comfortably_numb

Re: Back to Darlo - Bucket collections

Post by Comfortably_numb » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:07 am

That's almost like £3,000 from nowhere so well done collectors and contributors.

loobyloo

Post by loobyloo » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:02 am

Well done bucket collectors & 50/50 ticket sellers.A big thank you to all volunteers.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:18 pm

great effort once again. Your work is appreciated

shawry

Post by shawry » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:18 pm

Gonna bump this, does this money go straight to the club and therefore is already accounted for (lowering the amount we needed to raise), or was it being held until the fundraising was announced to be added to the totals?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:36 pm

shawry wrote:Gonna bump this, does this money go straight to the club and therefore is already accounted for (lowering the amount we needed to raise), or was it being held until the fundraising was announced to be added to the totals?
It's a good question and one I am sure a number of us are interested in. From my understanding it was being held for Back to Darlo but we had those games where money was collected over winter to help the club with cashflow (the ones where ST holders suggested they paid entrance fee into the bucket).

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:16 pm

shawry wrote:Gonna bump this, does this money go straight to the club and therefore is already accounted for (lowering the amount we needed to raise), or was it being held until the fundraising was announced to be added to the totals?
I would guess it goes into the ring-fenced B2D account, to be utilised when and how the board can think of using it? The B2D Fund is still being kept open in parallel to the new scheme because some people are paying into it by standing order (me, for instance).

I think any funds raised in the name of B2D (e.g. bucket collections and fundraising events) will go into that account.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:29 pm

Mr_Tibbs wrote:
I would guess it goes into the ring-fenced B2D account, to be utilised when and how the board can think of using it? The B2D Fund is still being kept open in parallel to the new scheme because some people are paying into it by standing order (me, for instance).

I think any funds raised in the name of B2D (e.g. bucket collections and fundraising events) will go into that account.
Pretty sure you are right Mr Tibbs, I guess in these times us fans want to contribute to the immediate issue which is the 130k. So if I or others stick £10 in tomorrow, I guess we want to know that it knocks £10 off the total 130k required in some way.

DFCSG_Secretary

Post by DFCSG_Secretary » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:12 pm

The money collected in the B2D buckets is paid into a dedicated B@D account and will be set against the £130k target. The money that was collected in the 'pay it again Sam' buckets went directly to the club in recognition of the lack of income due to cancelled games.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:28 pm

I suppose.

Future takings should go towards the £30,000 part of the new fundraising, as will future lottery and goal sponsorship income.

2020-2011 season ticket sales from Club 500 members may also be included.

The Club should clarify what types of income streams are to be tapped & which not to reach this £30,000 figure at the forthcoming Q&A forum.

------------

The recent match-day raffling of Army's signed shirt that I had donated to DFCSG raised over £300, so an extra sum to the club on top of £100 i'd paid them for my player shirt sponsorship last season.

I suggest fans can run B2D domino cards / raffles in local pubs, clubs and firms, with either a 50% cash pay-out, or some other prizes.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:12 am

Neil Johnson wrote:The recent match-day raffling of Army's signed shirt that I had donated to DFCSG raised over £300, so an extra sum to the club on top of £100 i'd paid them for my player shirt sponsorship last season.
Well done Neil, and thanks for the gesture.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:32 am

DFCSG_Secretary wrote:The money collected in the B2D buckets is paid into a dedicated B@D account and will be set against the £130k target. The money that was collected in the 'pay it again Sam' buckets went directly to the club in recognition of the lack of income due to cancelled games.
That's what I thought, it's just getting that message out there but people have been very good at putting in anyhow this season.