Amar Purewal

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlofan97
Team Supported: Darlington

Amar Purewal

Post by Darlofan97 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:28 am

Do we have Amar back from Harrogate RA now his loan is up? I think he went out on a months loan on 21/02/15, scoring 3 goals in 4 games.

Spyman

Re: Amar Purewal

Post by Spyman » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:45 am

Seems like he's hit the ground running on his return from a long layoff. As we know, the difference in standard is not enormous so provided he's now near enough match fit he should provide us some much needed additional cover just in time for a real high-pressure run of games.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:15 am

Amar is with Railway until the end of the season now. We do have a 24 hour re-call option in case of injury.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:22 am

BlackandwhiteBOB wrote:Amar is with Railway until the end of the season now. We do have a 24 hour re-call option in case of injury.
Where was this announced?

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:43 am

It wasn't announced mate. Bumped into Amar recently and he told me that himself.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:07 pm

I'd heard or read somewhere that he was there for the season

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:44 pm

Much as like Purewal, I think it'll be a struggle to offer him a new contract at the end of this season, if he hasn't had any first team action for us apart from the Doodson Cup.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:48 pm

I don't. I'm expecting Armstrong to leave and join our reserves.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:30 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:I don't. I'm expecting Armstrong to leave and join our reserves.
Spoke to Armstrong at Stamford and he said he's committed to Darlo and wants to stay here beyond the season.

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:00 pm

Can't help noticing how vigorously Armstrong celebrates goals, even when the lads brought in to replace him score them. It really does seem to matter to him that we win every bit as much as it matters to us.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

divas

Post by divas » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:40 pm

Makka Pakka wrote:Can't help noticing how vigorously Armstrong celebrates goals, even when the lads brought in to replace him score them. It really does seem to matter to him that we win every bit as much as it matters to us.
After missing last year's celebrations he's desperate to have something to celebrate this year

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:24 pm

No doubting his commitment, but he'd be a bit part player again, and he's too good for that. I also think a recovered Purewal gives Gray more options. He can do the target man stuff, but is more mobile, and can run the channels as well.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:33 pm

My only thinking with Amar is, he's not played in over a year so will we even offer him a contract?

But it wouldn't surprise me if he went on a dual registration with Harrogate RA and us.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:39 am

AndyPark wrote:But it wouldn't surprise me if he went on a dual registration with Harrogate RA and us.
Forgive my ignorance on this but I didn't think you can hold dual registration with teams in the EvoStik?

Is this promotion dependent?

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:03 am

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:No doubting his commitment, but he'd be a bit part player again, and he's too good for that. I also think a recovered Purewal gives Gray more options. He can do the target man stuff, but is more mobile, and can run the channels as well.
People were saying exactly the same thing about Scott at the start of this season.
He has proved a lot of them wrong...Army is good enough to do the same

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:25 am

Scott had less competition.

TDS

Post by TDS » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:15 am

I've seen a renewed vigour from Army recently, which is a damn sight more than I've seen from Amar. :crazy:

Depending on who's available in the summer, Army could still do a job the level up whilst not starting.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:39 am

TDS wrote:I've seen a renewed vigour from Army recently, which is a damn sight more than I've seen from Amar. :crazy:
And what is that supposed to mean?

TDS

Post by TDS » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:54 am

It means I've seen a lot more of Army on the pitch than I have Amar.....

...whilst it is tongue in cheek, it is also a complete fact. A fact that illustrates the direction each player is going in, IMO. Yes he's worked hard to get where he is after a terrible injury, but are we to carry on being loyal to these sorts of players when there's money changing hands for strikers nowadays. We've moved on. Another promotion (god willing) and we're another step away from where he last excelled.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:26 pm

lo36789 wrote:
AndyPark wrote:But it wouldn't surprise me if he went on a dual registration with Harrogate RA and us.
Forgive my ignorance on this but I didn't think you can hold dual registration with teams in the EvoStik?

AshtonUnitedFootballClub wrote:Coming into the squad is:
Attacking Midfielder Reece Gray from Hyde United
Midfielder and former Robin Lee Rick from Trafford
Goalkeeper Greg Hall from 1874 Northwich on a dual registration

Leaving the squad is:
Eddie Toner on his way to Northwich Victoria
Ben Wharton going to Colne on a dual registration

We wish all of the players every success whichever way they are moving. Of course all of the registrations are subject to final league approval.
Seems like you can.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:54 pm

TDS wrote:It means I've seen a lot more of Army on the pitch than I have Amar.....

...whilst it is tongue in cheek, it is also a complete fact. A fact that illustrates the direction each player is going in, IMO. Yes he's worked hard to get where he is after a terrible injury, but are we to carry on being loyal to these sorts of players when there's money changing hands for strikers nowadays. We've moved on. Another promotion (god willing) and we're another step away from where he last excelled.
What's that supposed to mean? If Gray feels he's fully recovered, and with a full pre-season behind him, I'd take Amar over Army. That's not a slight on Army, I just think Amar has more sides to his game, and is younger. Army has been a bench player this season, and I can't see that changing next year. At his age, I can't see him being happy with another season of 20 minutes here and there, as he'd be a regular in most other teams.

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:21 pm

AndyPark wrote:
lo36789 wrote:

Leaving the squad is:

We wish all of the players every success whichever way they are moving. Of course all of the registrations are subject to final league approval.
Seems like you can.
You referring to Greg Hall? 1874 Northwich are not Northwich Victoria. I think Lo meant players registered with 2 Evo Stik teams.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:25 pm

TDS wrote:It means I've seen a lot more of Army on the pitch than I have Amar.....

Isn't that exactly what we did with Armstrong at the start of this season? Stuck by a player who was recovering from a serious injury?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

TDS

Post by TDS » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:09 pm

I could argue agaisnt you both in terms of Armstrongs length out and the types of injury suffered etc. But Gray tonight said Amar will be offered another contract for next season.

In my opinion paying cash for Cartman and Hardy whilst Amar was bring paid weekly is an odd one whilst simultaneously asking for 130k.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:10 pm

Gray advised Amar will be offered a new contract in the summer.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:19 pm

AndyPark wrote:
lo36789 wrote:

Leaving the squad is:

Seems like you can.
I don't believe you can. 'Dual registration' allows non-contracted players to sign for more than one club in different leagues - as has the two players in question. They have both signed for clubs in the North West Counties League. Dual registration players can'take be registered with 2 clubs in the same league. Amar is a contracted player and is playing at Harrogate RA on loan and although is in the same league as Darlo, it is permitted.

TDS

Post by TDS » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:13 am

Hearing that Armstrong wants to play week in week out and Spennymoor have offered him good terms for next season!

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:37 am

TDS wrote:Hearing that Armstrong wants to play week in week out and Spennymoor have offered him good terms for next season!

Maybe that's why we're talking to Blyth about their player?
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

Sweet-FA

Post by Sweet-FA » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:47 am

TDS wrote:Hearing that Armstrong wants to play week in week out and Spennymoor have offered him good terms for next season!

Signing for Spennymoor won't guarantee him week in and week out football. Dowson has swapped the bench at Darlo for the bench at Spenny. However, at the end of the day it will be up to Armstrong where he wants to play.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:40 pm

Sweet-FA wrote:

Signing for Spennymoor won't guarantee him week in and week out football. Dowson has swapped the bench at Darlo for the bench at Spenny. However, at the end of the day it will be up to Armstrong where he wants to play.
Dowson has been injured for the majority. I think him and fisher are the preferred partnership