Woahhoaaa we're there

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

divas
Team Supported: Darlington

Woahhoaaa we're there

Post by divas » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:03 pm

:thumbup: :clap: :clap: :clap:

JE93

Re: Woahhoaaa we're a third way there

Post by JE93 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:13 pm

Don't know if this question has been answered already. As the community share issue requires all those donating to be members. Any people investors who were not members before must pay a membership fee. Is this also contributing to our return to the town?

DarloDean

Post by DarloDean » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:19 pm

JE93 wrote:Don't know if this question has been answered already. As the community share issue requires all those donating to be members. Any people investors who were not members before must pay a membership fee. Is this also contributing to our return to the town?

I never was a member of the supporters club before, but now i am. As you make a donation, there is a box to tick if you wish to become a member. I payed the £25 straight up option, there is another payment option, but I can't quite remember what it was.

As for if that money you pay for the membership, goes towards the back to darlo fund. Unsure, but most likely.

Hope this answered your question.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:22 pm

I have a further £200 to invest after selling Darlo Fanzines and Shirts.

Missus is pleased with the freeing up of loft & wardrobe storage space in our Darlo holiday flat!

shawry

Post by shawry » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:27 pm

Id be interested to see the take up on the ST extensions too, as Id find it highly unlikely that we wouldnt get all those that bought initially to extend.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:02 pm

DarloDean wrote:
JE93 wrote:Don't know if this question has been answered already. As the community share issue requires all those donating to be members. Any people investors who were not members before must pay a membership fee. Is this also contributing to our return to the town?
I never was a member of the supporters club before, but now i am. As you make a donation, there is a box to tick if you wish to become a member. I payed the £25 straight up option, there is another payment option, but I can't quite remember what it was.

As for if that money you pay for the membership, goes towards the back to darlo fund. Unsure, but most likely.

All membership fees for the Supporters Group will go into the Supporters Group's account, to be used for whatever purpose the board decide, in accordance with the rules of the Society (the Supporters Group is a Community Benefit Society).
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:07 pm

Fantastic effort. They must have added those who invested via the supporters table at the ground yesterday.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:16 pm

Mr_Tibbs wrote:
DarloDean wrote:

All membership fees for the Supporters Group will go into the Supporters Group's account, to be used for whatever purpose the board decide, in accordance with the rules of the Society (the Supporters Group is a Community Benefit Society).
Thanks for clearing that up. Guess it could mean at least another few hundred quid towards the cause if that's the decision of the members.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:25 pm

On the back of that, the DFCSG purchased 10k worth of club shares earlier in the season from membership subscriptions and other cash for season 15/16.

It would be down to the board (they may well discuss with members) and they may well want to plan for members who wish to sell back the shares in 5 years time, so the money may be put to one side for a now.

bga

Post by bga » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:55 pm

Fair question but there are costs associated with running DFCSG, so I would assume your membership fee is used for that purpose, which I am quite happy with?

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:29 am

Dear Mr. Uncovered,

Are there any plans to invest some or all of the Uncovered fund (to which I have a monthly Standing Order) into the Community Share scheme? If not, are there any other plans for the fund, or is it to be held as a contingency in case of dire need? :roll:

micra3

Post by micra3 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:35 am

joejaques wrote:Dear Mr. Uncovered,

Are there any plans to invest some or all of the Uncovered fund (to which I have a monthly Standing Order) into the Community Share scheme? If not, are there any other plans for the fund, or is it to be held as a contingency in case of dire need? :roll:
All the regular donators will be contacted soon to see what they want to do with the monies.
M I C R A 3

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:38 am

micra3 wrote:
joejaques wrote:Dear Mr. Uncovered,

All the regular donators will be contacted soon to see what they want to do with the monies.
Cheers mate, could make a difference if all / most agree. :roll:

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:02 pm

£34,600 now raised with 100 investors in 5/6 days.

Given that we have around 600 adult and concession season ticket holders including 287 DFC 500 Club members, I'd say there is a bit more potential for this fund just yet. Personally I am waiting to be paid at the end of this month before investing.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:11 pm

I was thinking along the same lines but then was kindly reminded that the money will not be taken until the target is hit. Appreciate those who may want to check where they are and whether they can afford to.

Just need to make sure you have the money available when the scheme comes to a close.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:46 pm

£35475 already is a great start. Hopefully there will be a bit of a jump tonight and Thursday when pledges will be accepted at the Dolphin centre. I would imagine this offline method will be particularly appealing for older fans.

Gow9900

Post by Gow9900 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:59 pm

As lo says, you don't have to pay the money now, it's currently just a pledge. I don't have the money handy at the moment but I know I will have it at the time it is ready to be withdrawn.

As has also been said, think we might get a decent uptake at the Dolphin Centre in the next few sessions as well, as some people prefer to do these things in person rather than online.

As well as the Dolphin Centre sessions, we have 5 more home games (two Saturdays, weather permitting and three midweeks) in which we can hopefully maximise donations and get this target hit asap.

Tremendous start it has too be said. Well done to all those that have pledged.

Gow9900

Post by Gow9900 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:14 am

£39,595 pledged in less than a week, 39% of the target already.

Unbelievable effort so far.

tezza

Post by tezza » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:58 am

There is a need to be careful with some of the figures and the interpretation of what is actually required.

As I recall there were 2 elements totalling £130K.

£52K to recover the lost revenue and to facilitate working capital until 2016/2017 season

£78K BM Development fund: which was further divided into 2 elements: £48K to replenish the escrow account used thus far to supplement working capital shortfall, and as I understand it to balance against the football grant. £30K directly to ensure that BM is brought to Category 2 standards.

I believe the £100K to be raised by community shares via DFCSG to be loaned to DFC is a somewhat arbitrary figure.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:22 pm

I think with concurrent fundraising streams coming in towards this total it is easy to become confused. Overall the club want to achieve 130k.

100k is earmarked to come from the DFCSG investment scheme.

But we also have streams coming from bucket collections, take up of 5 year season tickets, 5 year season ticket renewal. While we are tracking the investment scheme pound for pound, we are not tracking these other streams so like tezza says it is hard to understand where we are in relation to our targets as well as the break down of the target it's self.

shawry

Post by shawry » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:31 pm

tezza wrote:There is a need to be careful with some of the figures and the interpretation of what is actually required.

As I recall there were 2 elements totalling £130K.

£52K to recover the lost revenue and to facilitate working capital until 2016/2017 season

£78K BM Development fund: which was further divided into 2 elements: £48K to replenish the escrow account used thus far to supplement working capital shortfall, and as I understand it to balance against the football grant. £30K directly to ensure that BM is brought to Category 2 standards.

I believe the £100K to be raised by community shares via DFCSG to be loaned to DFC is a somewhat arbitrary figure.
Its not though is it, because the money will only get taken if we raise 100k.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:41 pm

If we get to the £100K quickly, how easy did they say it was to extend the target figure? In theory, the more we get, the quicker we'll be able to expand the stand to the full 500 seats. I might have zoned out a bit. Fairly certain it was mentioned

tezza

Post by tezza » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:52 pm

Which ever way you look at it the minimum amount required is £130K.

the point made about the 1 measure in place is a valid one, however it is only against the single element of Community Share Issue,.. therefore the overall % still required is significantly more than the totaliser as shown.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:27 pm

The football grant money is already matched. The 130k as everyone has said covers the 48k escrow, 30k upgrade to category B from C and 52k agreed budget overspend from not getting into BM this season.

I would assume 30k will be made quite easy with 500 club and bucket donations, the 100k although we have 40% will still be hard work to get to.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:38 pm

dickdarlington wrote:If we get to the £100K quickly, how easy did they say it was to extend the target figure? In theory, the more we get, the quicker we'll be able to expand the stand to the full 500 seats. I might have zoned out a bit. Fairly certain it was mentioned
While both Cat B and C only require 250 seats, I was under the impression that the 225k target was for 250 seats but if we raised 75k more it would mean 500 seats, though I could be wrong.

250 seats isn't really any good for when we move back.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:39 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:The football grant money is already matched. The 130k as everyone has said covers the 48k escrow, 30k upgrade to category B from C and 52k agreed budget overspend from not getting into BM this season.

I would assume 30k will be made quite easy with 500 club and bucket donations, the 100k although we have 40% will still be hard work to get to.
What is the 48k escrow? Can somebody explain what this is, what it's been spent on and why it needs replacing?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:42 pm

240k was in the Escrow account from 500 club. 48k was drawn down to use as budget. In theory we spent 100k more this year by not being at BM.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:44 pm

Jesus.

That is all.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:47 pm

That's from the figures given out at all the forums. Unless I have understood things incorrectly.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:49 pm

I trust that what you say is correct, you don't seem to be somebody that misunderstands stuff.