I dared to look...

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

dickdarlington
Team Supported: Darlington

I dared to look...

Post by dickdarlington » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:50 am

This morning I actually looked at the National League tables. Don't shout at me. I'm weak. :oops: I had been steadfast in this beforehand. Now, I'm not making any assumptions, but there are a fair few recognisable clubs at that level. But interestingly (and this is before any realignment), it is quite possible that next season Worcester could be playing in the National League North, and Kidderminster in the South (they've been relegated from the old Conference). Worcester presently are ground sharing at Aggborough. I wonder if this has ever happened before.

D_F_C

Re: I dared to look...

Post by D_F_C » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:09 pm

I would assume if Worcester and Gloucester are in the North then Kiddy may well be in the North too

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:10 pm

dickdarlington wrote:This morning I actually looked at the National League tables. Don't shout at me. I'm weak. :oops: I had been steadfast in this beforehand. Now, I'm not making any assumptions, but there are a fair few recognisable clubs at that level. But interestingly (and this is before any realignment), it is quite possible that next season Worcester could be playing in the National League North, and Kidderminster in the South (they've been relegated from the old Conference). Worcester presently are ground sharing at Aggborough. I wonder if this has ever happened before.
2 teams sharing the same ground at the same level but one in the Northern Division and one in the South? That would be a peculiar scenario.

You'd think they would try and keep them together to make the management of their fixtures a little easier.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:23 pm

Poss 3 northern teams down from the Conference too so there will be some teams getting shafted lower down. Gloucester may move South, they play at Cheltenham. Worcester are moving to Bromsgrove Sporting from next season
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:52 pm

They'll re-organise the Conference North & South once all the teams are known for next season. Sides will be moved from one to the other, if they are close to the border between the two leagues.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:31 pm

dickdarlington wrote:I wonder if this has ever happened before.
I just wanted to bump your question.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:43 pm

quakersam wrote:Poss 3 northern teams down from the Conference too so there will be some teams getting shafted lower down. Gloucester may move South, they play at Cheltenham. Worcester are moving to Bromsgrove Sporting from next season
Lowestoft need moving while they are at it.......presuming Darlo go up of course

carlodarlo

Post by carlodarlo » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:13 pm

A few teams in there that will travel in good numbers, a couple capable of bringing 1,000 fans + if played at the right time in FCUM and Stockport. Seen the question asked on other threads about where we will put these fans at Blackwell Meadows but no answers to it yet. Of course we aren't in that league yet and there's still a job to be done tomorrow or Saturday but can't see us failing now...

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:23 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
quakersam wrote:Poss 3 northern teams down from the Conference too so there will be some teams getting shafted lower down. Gloucester may move South, they play at Cheltenham. Worcester are moving to Bromsgrove Sporting from next season
Lowestoft need moving while they are at it.......presuming Darlo go up of course
Lowestoft chose the Division they are in. Easier travelling going that way apparently.

As they are so isolated, the FA accommodated their wishes

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:23 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Lowestoft chose the Division they are in. Easier travelling going that way apparently.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:15 am

spen666 wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:

Good day out for the fans though!

Whispering Assassin

Post by Whispering Assassin » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:30 am

And for me too......
You only choose once so choose wisely..................

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:57 am

carlodarlo wrote:A few teams in there that will travel in good numbers, a couple capable of bringing 1,000 fans + if played at the right time in FCUM and Stockport. Seen the question asked on other threads about where we will put these fans at Blackwell Meadows but no answers to it yet. Of course we aren't in that league yet and there's still a job to be done tomorrow or Saturday but can't see us failing now...
I think it depends. Even in our FL days how often did we actually take >1000 fans to an away game or have 1,000 visiting fans coming the other way apart from when we played a promotion chaser, Hartlepool, Carlisle or York?

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:55 am

Felt like 1,000+ at Hereford in the play-offs. What an atmosphere, one of my favourite ever games!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:18 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Felt like 1,000+ at Hereford in the play-offs. What an atmosphere, one of my favourite ever games!
Remember the looping header for the winner?

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:44 pm

My lads and their mates were only very young but that must have sealed it for them!

eddiegrundy

Post by eddiegrundy » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:03 pm

spen666 wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:

Rubbish. Lowestoft wanted to be in National League South as the travelling is less. The have been placed in the North for the last two seasons and are apoplectic about it.

However living in Ipswich, I hope that the FA allocate them to the North once again as that will be the closest match for me should Darlo get promoted.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:58 pm

eddiegrundy wrote:
spen666 wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:

Rubbish. Lowestoft wanted to be in National League South as the travelling is less. The have been placed in the North for the last two seasons and are apoplectic about it.

However living in Ipswich, I hope that the FA allocate them to the North once again as that will be the closest match for me should Darlo get promoted.
careful unless you are a fan of lowestoft you could be prosecuted for claiming to be in the know about them...I'm a solicitor I know these things... :shh: (Spen...how long will it be before the law society knock on my door for saying that then?)

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:32 pm

I hope Lowestoft is in the southern league as it's a pain in the arse to get to and is a total dump!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!