Attendance Figures

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

spen666
Team Supported: Darlington

Attendance Figures

Post by spen666 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:51 pm

According to the Turnstile League http://www.thelinnets.co.uk/turnstile.php?s=2013

Darlington's gates this season are 15% up on last season.

The doomsayers who said Darlington would wither and gradually die if they remained playing out of Darlington seem to have been proved wrong.

Darlington are 2nd best supported Step 3 club in the Pyramid after Dulwich Hamlet

Makka Pakka

Re: Attendance Figures

Post by Makka Pakka » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:03 pm

You've gone to a lot of trouble to point out we are not the best supported club at this level.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:12 pm

If we are back home next year then I would expect our average gate to be up around the 1800 mark, which would make us the 3rd best supported team in Conference North. Better, in fact, than all but 8 in the Conference Premier.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:18 pm

For anyone who doesn't know why Dulwich Hamlet get such good crowds, here's a good article:

http://www.theguardian.com/global/2015/ ... tball-club

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:24 pm

Makka Pakka wrote:You've gone to a lot of trouble to point out we are not the best supported club at this level.
I think the entire point of his post was to slyly mock us with the fact that Dulwich Hamlet get better crowds than us.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:29 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Makka Pakka wrote:You've gone to a lot of trouble to point out we are not the best supported club at this level.
I think the entire point of his post was to slyly mock us with the fact that Dulwich Hamlet get better crowds than us.
Normally a veiled dig in there somewhere.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:31 pm

spen666 wrote:According to the Turnstile League http://www.thelinnets.co.uk/turnstile.php?s=2013

Darlington's gates this season are 15% up on last season.

The doomsayers who said Darlington would wither and gradually die if they remained playing out of Darlington seem to have been proved wrong.
Gates have held up remarkably well considering we're playing out of town and at a lower level.

When I think of other similar sized clubs who have played out of town for a number of seasons - three spring to mind straight away, those being Newport County, Maidstone, Scarborough - they all regularly struggled to get gates of more than a few hundred in their exile. But in Maidstone and Newport's case when they started playing back in town gates increased greatly. I'd expect the same to happen with Scarborough.

And obviously, the same with us because the latent support is still there.

I'd be surprised if we DIDN'T average 2,000+ next season.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:41 pm

Before the Northern League season, I think it was Danny Mills who said we would only get 40 people and a dog coming along !
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Trike1

Post by Trike1 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:01 pm

I'd expect the same to happen with Scarborough.

There not moving back to scarborough theres a stadium being built in brid as part of a sports centre. blooming shame that.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:08 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Before the Northern League season, I think it was Danny Mills who said we would only get 40 people and a dog coming along !
From memory, he reckoned if we were put in the Evostik we would average about 200.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:33 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:Before the Northern League season, I think it was Danny Mills who said we would only get 40 people and a dog coming along !
From memory, he reckoned if we were put in the Evostik we would average about 200.
That puts his forecasting ability at about the same level as his subtlety when he was playing. :roll:

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:58 pm

Fuck off spen
Think before posting

Henley

Post by Henley » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:08 pm

dickdarlington wrote:For anyone who doesn't know why Dulwich Hamlet get such good crowds, here's a good article:

What a set of c@#%s.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:15 pm

joejaques wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
That puts his forecasting ability at about the same level as his subtlety when he was playing. :roll:
Hes a cockwomble

DarloDean

Post by DarloDean » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:17 pm

dickdarlington wrote:For anyone who doesn't know why Dulwich Hamlet get such good crowds, here's a good article:

Lol their club sounds like more of a political movement.

They are right, most clubs are ordinary (compared to them). Because they don't bring as much politics into the game as they do.

Interesting article to say the least.