Blackwell Meadows

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

alec.g.white7
Team Supported: Darlington

Blackwell Meadows

Post by alec.g.white7 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:42 pm

Now that we are all beginning to digest the fabulous season Darlo have had, culminating in one of the most magical nights in the history of DFC at Whitby last Thursday my thoughts are now starting to think of next season.
With all due respect i just cant see BM been ready for the start of next season or even the early part of the season, as no work has as yet started, and i am led to believe that we cant use HP again as it is not up to the standard of the league we will be in next season.
So where does that leave us?
Are we looking at a temporary ground share with Mowden until BM is ready ? or will indeed BM be ready in time.
We have to be back in town for the start of next season one way or the other to maximise our corporate earning opportunities.

JE93

Re: Blackwell Meadows

Post by JE93 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:48 pm

As far as I understand it there would be no problem starting next season at HP as we have shown we have plans in place for a category B ground by March 2017.

As for BM not being ready. Looking at the work to take place. I don't envisage it will take that long tbh. It's not like large super structures will have to be built. I think the boards target of bank holiday remains viable for now.

GraemeT

Post by GraemeT » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:50 pm

There is a kids rugby festival at BM either this weekend or next weekend, no work could start until after that has finished, Do we know if the FSIF money has been approved yet?

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:41 pm

Behold the future....

love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:55 pm

Is this an exact copy of the stand we're having built?

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:11 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Is this an exact copy of the stand we're having built?
:lol:
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:42 pm

quaker4life wrote:
We're gonna nick it?

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:52 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
quaker4life wrote:
We're gonna nick it?
Grab the nets and benches whilst you're at it.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:14 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
quaker4life wrote:
We're gonna nick it?
I doubt Soccerarena will allow us to use it for free ;)

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:02 pm

it's Durham's ground

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:10 pm

D_F_C wrote:it's Durham's ground
Not now it isn't. I think they're sharing with Consett?
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:18 pm

alec.g.white7 wrote:... and i am led to believe that we cant use HP again as it is not up to the standard of the league we will be in next season.
So where does that leave us? .....
As long as HP is of the Grading needed for NPL Premier Div, ( and it was) then Darlo have until 31 March 2017 to ensure it is of Conference North Standard. Ground does not have to be of Conference North standard on opening day of season.

The Equalizer

Post by The Equalizer » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:33 pm

JE93 wrote:As far as I understand it there would be no problem starting next season at HP as we have shown we have plans in place for a category B ground by March 2017.

As for BM not being ready. Looking at the work to take place. I don't envisage it will take that long tbh. It's not like large super structures will have to be built. I think the boards target of bank holiday remains viable for now.
Spen.......

look above.......

this question has already been answered. There's no need to regurgitate what has already been stated with your post whore keyboard diarrhoea so kindly fuck off.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:38 pm

spen666 wrote:
alec.g.white7 wrote:... and i am led to believe that we cant use HP again as it is not up to the standard of the league we will be in next season.
As long as HP is of the Grading needed for NPL Premier Div, ( and it was) then Darlo have until 31 March 2017 to ensure it is of Conference North Standard. Ground does not have to be of Conference North standard on opening day of season.
Well if our ground had to be up to Conference North standards on the first day of the season, Salford would be buggered if they beat Workington!!

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:10 pm

spen666 wrote:
Spen, come on now lets end this nonsense.

You were a Darlo fan previously correct? Cross back over, all is forgiven you will not have to worry about playing Spennymoor until at least March 31st next year ;)

DarloPeGi

Post by DarloPeGi » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:55 pm

alec.g.white7 wrote:Now that we are all beginning to digest the fabulous season Darlo have had, culminating in one of the most magical nights in the history of DFC at Whitby last Thursday my thoughts are now starting to think of next season.
With all due respect i just cant see BM been ready for the start of next season or even the early part of the season, as no work has as yet started, and i am led to believe that we cant use HP again as it is not up to the standard of the league we will be in next season.
Are we looking at a temporary ground share with Mowden until BM is ready ? or will indeed BM be ready in time.
We have to be back in town for the start of next season one way or the other to maximise our corporate earning opportunities.
Dare I ask for the club to make a statement on the progress of BM ??

moodymonica

Post by moodymonica » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:27 pm

If I were to wager we won't be playing g at bm until Xmas.
Then again that could be completely shoite but it does seem that it'll take longer than the summer to get everything ready.
Was nothing mentioned at the last meeting (cafe).

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:57 am

The Equalizer wrote:
JE93 wrote:As far as I understand it there would be no problem starting next season at HP as we have shown we have plans in place for a category B ground by March 2017.

Spen.......

look above.......

this question has already been answered. There's no need to regurgitate what has already been stated with your post whore keyboard diarrhoea so kindly fuck off.

I love you too xxxx

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:00 pm

quaker4life wrote:
spen666 wrote:
Spen, come on now lets end this nonsense.

You were a Darlo fan previously correct? Cross back over, all is forgiven you will not have to worry about playing Spennymoor until at least March 31st next year ;)
I watch Rymans League game more than any other and don't sadly expect to see either Darlington or Spennymoor playing that far South unless either get a good Trophy or FA Cup run.

I was at St Neots last season in the Trophy watching Darlo.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:42 pm

DarloPeGi wrote:
alec.g.white7 wrote:Now that we are all beginning to digest the fabulous season Darlo have had, culminating in one of the most magical nights in the history of DFC at Whitby last Thursday my thoughts are now starting to think of next season.
Dare I ask for the club to make a statement on the progress of BM ??
Nothing has changed, work to start in May and be ready for August. Club seem very confident it will be all ready.

coles

Post by coles » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:12 pm

The architects are doing some work at my place and they seem confident that it will be ready for the end of August. They said that they had received the first payment to start work and we're putting some of the jobs out for tender. I know quite a few local businesses have put tenders in so things are moving forwards.

Remember it's still only a small board and these guys are volunteers they have days jobs and families.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:20 am

Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

TDS

Post by TDS » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:08 am

As has been said as long as health and safety is catered for and we are on the way to a cat B. We can start playing games there. It doesn't need to be 100% complete.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk