Middleborough - Brighton

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Middleborough - Brighton

Post by Spyman » Sat May 07, 2016 11:48 am

Ex Darlo and Ex Poolie goalkeepers in between the sticks for the sides today.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Re: Middleborough - Brighton

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat May 07, 2016 4:31 pm

Wanted Brighton to win. If Boro don't spend big, then they'll struggle next season.

Henley

Post by Henley » Sat May 07, 2016 5:12 pm

Pete - you're still talking out of your sphincter

Bournemouth and Watford have shown that you don't need to spend big to stay in the EPL.

It will be interesting how Gibson plays it. Boro's P&L reserve deficit has built up to about £170m in recent years so will he play it low key to help clear that deficit or will he throw a fair chunk at it. I'd go for somewhere closer to bankrolling than not.

Fucking delighted to be a Darlo and Boro fan this season though.

DFC_Mike

Post by DFC_Mike » Sat May 07, 2016 5:50 pm

Isn't £37m spending big like? :lol:

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sat May 07, 2016 6:03 pm

Why don't people want boro to win. A team that has helped us and wished us well. We would prefer Brighton a team with no association except a former keeper. Don't get it

Beano

Post by Beano » Sat May 07, 2016 6:35 pm

The bigger NE clubs in the Premier League allow more local players to be filtered out and available to us.

Gow9900

Post by Gow9900 » Sat May 07, 2016 6:41 pm

Really pleased for Boro personally. I work with a few Boro fans and they always ask after us, and were buzzing for us when we won our league.

Hopefully now we're moving back up the pyramid and will have our own home again as of next season, we can play them in some pre season friendlies in the future. Be a good money spinner and a chance to test ourselves against a club in the Premier League.

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Sat May 07, 2016 6:42 pm

Interesting to read how the Boro fans were singing their owner's name this afternoon.
I've heard it's not like that on Tyneside. Looks like Sunderland might be the ones staying up. If the odds for Boro are 5000 to 1 to win the premiership, like Leicester were, wonder if they're worth a punt? Realy pleased they've got promoted; I know both sets of fans look out for each others results.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat May 07, 2016 8:37 pm

Feethams 1966 wrote:Interesting to read how the Boro fans were singing their owner's name this afternoon.
I've heard it's not like that on Tyneside. Looks like Sunderland might be the ones staying up. If the odds for Boro are 5000 to 1 to win the premiership, like Leicester were, wonder if they're worth a punt? Realy pleased they've got promoted; I know both sets of fans look out for each others results.
No, they're not.

Forget Watford & Bournemouth, look at Leicester. The whole squad cost something like £40million didn't it? I'm sure Middlesbrough will have every chance of being competitive next season - gone are the days when you can easily pick out the teams that will struggle. There's now so much money that everyone can do well if they are shrewd.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Shed7
Team Supported: Spennymoor

Post by Shed7 » Sat May 07, 2016 9:18 pm

I agree with Pete, Boro need to invest significant to have any hope of staying up. GK is not good enough and at 37 past his best, Gaston is on loan, Leadbitter is not a premier league player, Nugent/Rhodes/Adomah good championship players.

Ayala/Gibson/Clayton/Friend the best of a bad bunch.

I'm delighted for Boro and the area they have went up, and you wouldn't put it past Steve Gibson to pull off some unbelievable signings as he has in the past like Ravanelli/Emerson/Juninho/Boksic etc.

Had Curtis Main got another year he would have being part of today's celebrations!!

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sat May 07, 2016 9:24 pm

Shed7 wrote:Ayala/Gibson/Clayton/Friend the best of a bad bunch.
They can't be that bad considering they've just won promotion.

Beano

Post by Beano » Sat May 07, 2016 9:47 pm

Spyman wrote:
Feethams 1966 wrote: There's now so much money that everyone can do well if they are shrewd.
Case closed.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun May 08, 2016 6:22 am

I work with a few Boro fans and they'll be unbearable tomorrow. Very few of the boro players are Premiership quality players. I do take your point about Bournemouth, what they have achieved this season is nothing short of remarkable, especially on crowds of just over 10000.

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Tue May 10, 2016 12:21 pm

wot u on about??
Ayala, Gibson, Friend, Clayton, Downing, and Stuani are more than capable of playing in the premier

Henley

Post by Henley » Tue May 10, 2016 12:26 pm

bertbanger wrote:wot u on about??
Ayala, Gibson, Friend, Clayton, Downing, and Stuani are more than capable of playing in the premier
Not sure about Downing any more.

I (and others) expected him to have a huge season but he under-delivered to be honest. Definitely agree with you about the others though.

alec.g.white7

Post by alec.g.white7 » Tue May 10, 2016 4:30 pm

Dont know why some Darlo fans cant be pleased for Boro, after all they are our neighbours. I have supported both teams for over 50 years and i am a season ticket holder for both. For those of you who have short memories or who are too young to know Middlesbrough and Darlo have had an excellent relationship over the years, with many many players joining Darlo from the Boro either on loan or permanently to the benefit of both clubs, Darlo even played Burnley at the Riverside because of problems with the Darlo pitch.Middlesbrough have played many a pre season friendly at Darlo to boost the Darlo coffers. Now that Darlo are climbing back up the leagues we need all the help we can from the likes of Boro.with loaning players from them again. Hopefully all three big clubs in the north east will play pre season friendlies next season, and boost Darlo's finances.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue May 10, 2016 6:29 pm

Personally I'm chuffed to bits that the Boro got promoted - they not only filled our buckets in 2012 but a Boro season ticket holder hosted the Back to Darlo site and now hosts the Supporters Group site absolutely free of charge, and allows us to develop new ideas behind the scenes with no restrictions at all (so long as we don't crash his server).
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg