Transfer Windows

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

spen666
Team Supported: Darlington

Transfer Windows

Post by spen666 » Sat May 14, 2016 11:09 am

With all the talk of incoming and outgoing transfers, it set me wondering at what level the transfer windows apply preventing signing of player except in summer and january windows?

Is it Level 2 that is applies or higher?

Obviously the players being signed now are far more likely to be contracted players and caught by the regulations than when playing lower down the pyramid.

JE93

Re: Transfer Windows

Post by JE93 » Sat May 14, 2016 11:38 am

Applies from the conference up. Obviously there is also a ban on signing players after The start of April I believe

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sat May 14, 2016 11:39 am

JE93 wrote:Applies from the conference up. Obviously there is also a ban on signing players after The start of April I believe

Is that Conference National or is it this level as well?

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sat May 14, 2016 12:16 pm

spen666 wrote:
JE93 wrote:Applies from the conference up. Obviously there is also a ban on signing players after The start of April I believe

Oh for god's sake, just bloody google it.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat May 14, 2016 12:52 pm

spen666 wrote:

"This level"

No, it doesn't apply in Evostick where Spennymoor play their games.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sat May 14, 2016 4:10 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
spen666 wrote:

No, if it annoys you I will keep asking on here. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sat May 14, 2016 4:41 pm

spen666 wrote:
DarloOnTheUp wrote:
spen666 wrote:

No, if it annoys you I will keep asking on here. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Wow, even your attempts at trolling are boring as s***.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Tue May 17, 2016 1:44 pm

Seems MG wants to have a bigger squad, rather than rely on loans if he needs more players outside of the transfer windows.

Makes sense to slot in our OWN players to spell off / replace those less fit.

In the more competitive & financially stronger National league there may be some successful attempts to lure our players away, so a bigger squad would lower the impact of player departures.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue May 17, 2016 3:20 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:Seems MG wants to have a bigger squad, rather than rely on loans if he needs more players outside of the transfer windows.

Makes sense to slot in our OWN players to spell off / replace those less fit.

In the more competitive & financially stronger National league there may be some successful attempts to lure our players away, so a bigger squad would lower the impact of player departures.

That was what I was thinking of, and the problem of not being able to pick players up outside of any windows. Thus club would have to carry more players (and hence wages) to cater for any injuries / suspensions/ etc.

This would have an impact on cashflow as more going out in wages if having to have a bigger squad

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue May 17, 2016 4:31 pm

if a player is out of contract when the window closes he can sign for anyone whilst that window is closed right?

So we could pick up any number of evostik players who aren't contracted if we needed numbers on a short term deal? Or is it their registration that matters!?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue May 17, 2016 7:23 pm

The problem with that is that any decent players won't be out of contract, average or poorer players are far more likely to be out of contract.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue May 17, 2016 8:50 pm

lo36789 wrote:if a player is out of contract when the window closes he can sign for anyone whilst that window is closed right?

So we could pick up any number of evostik players who aren't contracted if we needed numbers on a short term deal? Or is it their registration that matters!?
As Darlo Pete says the out of contract or non contract players are unlikely to be of a good enough standard for Darlington now they are in the Conference North