Work at Blackwell Meadows

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

wizardofos
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Work at Blackwell Meadows

Post by wizardofos » Wed May 18, 2016 7:38 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Feethams 1966 wrote:Look, this may be/probably is..a stupid question but it's asked in all sincerity; what is/was "the football share"?
I've heard of it, and know it was an important issue when the club was sinking. Can anyone explain? I honestly don't know what this was about.
Thank you.
The share is essentially a license/contract to play football from the FA. Crucially for us, the name on that share in 2012 was Darlington FC.

Raj Singh had ownership of the share when the 1883 rescue group were negotiating to take over after the 2012 administration.

Singh claimed to have handed over the share, but hadn't. I believe he was trying to attach conditions to signing it over (a cut of future income from the Dan Burn transfer clauses and a percentage of any money made from redeveloping the land the Arena stands on).

If I recall correctly, the 1883 group were willing to accept, but the FA wouldn't sanction the deal. So obviously the club had to follow what the FA were saying, meaning we couldn't get our hands on the share.

In turn, that meant the 1883 group had to apply for another share, with a different club name - Darlington 1883 - on it. If we didn't have a share, the club couldn't play football.

And because we had a new share with a new name on it, the FA declared they were treating us as a new club, leading to our demotion to the Northern League. (Note the word "treating" as oppose to us actually being a new club)

Put simply, if we'd got hold of the original share, we'd officially be playing under the name Darlington FC, rather than Darlington 1883.

I believe that's the crux of the issue, although if there are incorrect details, or things I've missed out, doubtless I'll be corrected.
You do recall correctly. There were several other road blocks going on at the time but this was, indeed, one of them

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Wed May 18, 2016 8:09 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Don't bite. It's what he wants you to do.

The fact the mods allow him to troll speaks volumes.
"The world wide web is wonderful if you’ve got something to sell
But opinions often summon up a focus group from Hell
Best not to be distracted, stay focused on your goals
And take my advice – don’t feed the trolls"

Billy Bragg, Waiting for the Great Leap Forward (2011 lyrics)

RUMPLESTILTSKIN

Post by RUMPLESTILTSKIN » Wed May 18, 2016 9:51 am

spen666 wrote:
Makka Pakka wrote:
spen666 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:if not why not?
because Spen was part of our legal team and it turns out he's useless

If I was part of the DFC legal team I would have ensured that when buying the club it bought the most important asset - the football share
You say that as if the people who were involved didn't try to do this. Go on then, what could you have done that they did not?
What could they have done? Well make it part of the contract. If the cfootball share had been part of the contract, then if it was not provided there would be a remedy for breach of contract.

Sadly, somebody dropped a bollock leaving Darlington saddled with debt needlessly.

It takes two to agree and sign a contract plus ratification to meet FA rules. You need all three to happen. Like any normal (non-football) business any contract must be ratified by which ever governing body is involved. This is to prevent rouges and thieves from gaining from an illegal or unfair contract. That's the theory, in practice we all know about due diligence and fit person rules don't we. :roll:
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Wed May 18, 2016 11:11 am

spen666 wrote:
Makka Pakka wrote:
spen666 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:if not why not?
because Spen was part of our legal team and it turns out he's useless

If I was part of the DFC legal team I would have ensured that when buying the club it bought the most important asset - the football share
You say that as if the people who were involved didn't try to do this. Go on then, what could you have done that they did not?
What could they have done? Well make it part of the contract. If the cfootball share had been part of the contract, then if it was not provided there would be a remedy for breach of contract.

Sadly, somebody dropped a bollock leaving Darlington saddled with debt needlessly.
I am indebted to m'learned friend for pointing out the 'facts', for which he clearly has no knowledge.
I should like to refer to a precedent circa 2011 of 'Snowscape' versus Uncovered. Then as now threads were constantly highjacked with interminable boring nonsense of Snowscape's exploits with his velocipede, going under the name of Merlin. The judgement then was to ban Snowscape for life from this forum.
Quite what spen666's windscreen has to do with a thread entitled ' Work at Blackwell Meadow ' I fail to see. His constant incoherent ramblings often divert threads away from their theme.
I humbly submit to the moderators that spen666 suffer the same fate as Snowscape.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed May 18, 2016 11:19 am

banktopp wrote:I humbly submit to the moderators that spen666 suffer the same fate as Snowscape.
I can deal with his trolling'and normally turn a blind eye - it's his hypocrisy that does my head in.

Hypocrisy 'the practice of claiming to have higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case'
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed May 18, 2016 11:22 am

When I posted this thread I thought we'd be talking about the upcoming building of our new ground, silly me.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed May 18, 2016 11:27 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:When I posted this thread I thought we'd be talking about the upcoming building of our new ground, silly me.
Yep, in this instance your provocation attempts have failed. Better luck next time.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Wed May 18, 2016 12:29 pm

have quite enjoyed this thread - always good to see a perceived know it all get knocked down a peg or three :)

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed May 18, 2016 4:21 pm

You can't trust those French reds?!

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Wed May 18, 2016 5:59 pm

I do feel somewhat for the original correspondent who wrote the first post; others like me have taken this thread all over the place. However I would like to thank Darlogramps for explaining what the football share was about; everything now makes perfect sense.
It then struck me as a pity that the share is something that individuals can own; it would have been better if those who issued it had the power to recall it, (and the holder be regarded simply as a custodian).
Just a thought. Thank you Darlogramps, whoever you are.

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Wed May 18, 2016 6:21 pm

Feethams 1966 wrote: It then struck me as a pity that the share is something that individuals can own; it would have been better if those who issued it had the power to recall it, (and the holder be regarded simply as a custodian).
That's how it is in the football league but as we were outside the league, in the conference, it was held by 1 man.
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed May 18, 2016 6:22 pm

It always occurred to me as well that it's ridiculous that an individual can 'Own' the football share and therefore hold a club to ransom. Instead of what happened, it it's just a piece of paper, then the FA in such instances should go over the individuals head and issue a new one if the individual will not reasonably comply. Then it would stop people like our ex-chairman doing what they did. So I suppose that the FA should own the football share and issue and recall it in such circumstances.
What Liddle 4 ever has said shows just how incompetent the FA are. It should not matter what level you are at. Let's face it, for many Conference players, this is their livelihood.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed May 18, 2016 7:36 pm

Feethams 1966 wrote:I do feel somewhat for the original correspondent who wrote the first post; others like me have taken this thread all over the place.

Pete's started an unusually good thread, so he'll be OK.

We've had up to date info about Blackwell Meadows, Spen's come looking for trouble and found it, and gramps has given us all a reminder of about what happened re the infamous football share.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Wed May 18, 2016 7:36 pm

The "football share" isn't (as far as I know) actually a real thing. It's a FA made up thing. So they could surely remove it all together without any comeback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:53 am

The assumption is that Singh had the football share. Maybe he didn't?

If we obtained it we may not have dropped down the leagues.

Back to topic - I saw no sign of any activity at BM a week ago.

DFCSC could tell "the owners" about the schedule and progress this time around.

As no Community Shares have been sold & issued. There may be not enough funds to justify the start of the site development.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:47 am

Just to cheer up NJ, they have started work, although cutting the grass is not quite the major groundworks we were all hoping for. ;-)

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:03 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:The assumption is that Singh had the football share. Maybe he didn't?
Your idiocy plummets to a remarkable new low.

Singh did have it. He and the 1883 rescue group confirmed this. Singh claimed to have signed it over. Evidently he did not.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

moz1963

Post by moz1963 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:45 pm

Back to the original title

Work at Blackwell Meadows

I called in Monday and nothing had started?

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:29 pm

Back on the topic of the ground. This is what the thread is all about after all. A little more patience is required for us fans. But not much more. I have every confidence that things will be starting very soon. At that point, the push for and advertising of new 'Homecoming' season tickets can commence with full force and we can start to count down the days until our first game back in the town. Unfortunately it seems a few more delays have lead to work being stalled. Which means we will be back at HP for a number of games next season. ( You only have to watch Grand Designs to see how small clerical amendments and planning require the can throw a project off tilt). Still. Bish have been good for us (even considering the pitch) , so it gives us the chance to say good bye to a wonderful chapter in our history (properly) before welcoming in the next step up n the road to redemption.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:51 am

It was rumoured that we would be at Bishop Auckland until the end of this year, which is more than a few games. I think the club should make a statement, as to what is happening or not as the case may be, as it is a big thing.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:10 am

I am sure as and when a statement has something to say a statement will be released. Until then let those doing their jobs do their jobs.

Surely others on here know what it's like to spend more time producing updates than you do doing work...

sacko_uk

Post by sacko_uk » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:44 pm

I heard on the grapevine that Martin Gray coughed...I think the club need to release a statement giving us a full update on his medical condition and what type of cough it could have been! :roll:

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:41 pm

Tempest is on his hols. Yes we don't need daily updates. But we were supposed to be starting work almost a month ago and nothing has been said. Take 10 minutes out, sent a quick tweet, whatever. After delay after delay money after more money it's the least they can do. Easy fucking peasy.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

AnthonyP

Post by AnthonyP » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:10 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:The assumption is that Singh had the football share. Maybe he didn't?
Singh did have the football share Neil, and he agreed to hand it over as part of the deal to buy the club.

He then changed his mind the evening before everything was due to be signed with the administrator asking for additional terms, one of which was that the money from the sell on clauses to be all paid direct to him, which I gather he felt would offset some of the money he had 'invested' in the club.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:52 pm

Ingleby wrote:Tempest is on his hols. Yes we don't need daily updates. But we were supposed to be starting work almost a month ago and nothing has been said. Take 10 minutes out, sent a quick tweet, whatever. After delay after delay money after more money it's the least they can do. Easy fucking peasy.
Agree,makes good business sense to do it

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:49 am

At the fans party night, 3 weeks ago, Richard Cook said work would begin on the pitch in 2 weeks time with the rest following mid June. So we are at most a week behind not a month.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:01 pm

Ingleby wrote:Tempest is on his hols. Yes we don't need daily updates. But we were supposed to be starting work almost a month ago and nothing has been said. Take 10 minutes out, sent a quick tweet, whatever. After delay after delay money after more money it's the least they can do. Easy fucking peasy.
well....if it's that easy - why don't you offer your communication services, skills and time to your fellow fans who are running the club for us all. I'm sure they'd welcome any help they can get....

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:05 pm

Comfortably_numb wrote:
well....if it's that easy - why don't you offer your communication services, skills and time to your fellow fans who are running the club for us all. I'm sure they'd welcome any help they can get....
and we'll expect you to do it when you are on holiday...

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:08 pm

The communication section of the club, seems to have loads to say, about pretty much everything, apart from the new ground. We keep being told work is due to start and the date goes by and nothing. This is pretty important and an update from the club would be helpful, rather than the silence we get at the moment.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:50 pm

dfc4me wrote:At the fans party night, 3 weeks ago, Richard Cook said work would begin on the pitch in 2 weeks time with the rest following mid June. So we are at most a week behind not a month.
No Tempest originally said work would start long before this. As reported in the Echo.

If you want to argue about it I will link you no problem if you find it hard to locate.

Ok fuck here is one link save ya a job http://bit.ly/1RottRE

John Tempest of DFC: "Preliminary work on the ground could start as early as April."
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.