Take me home Neasham Road...

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlobaz79
Team Supported: Darlington

Take me home Neasham Road...

Post by Darlobaz79 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:53 am

Emdubya

Re: Take me home Neasham Road...

Post by Emdubya » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:24 am

Great news,hopefully the Geordies leave the morons at home this time.
The arena in July eh,now then,where did I put my thermal vests !? :lol:

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:36 am

Darlington announcement implies it is a 'strong' squad Newcastle will send, but Newcastle announcement says they are sending U21 squad.
http://mobile.nufc.co.uk/default.aspx?s ... id=5695738

I hope people don't come expecting a better visitors team than they get. It would affect the trust the club are trying to build with the wider population of Darlington.
I hope people don't buy tickets expecting to see Bennett and the 1st team

On the other side of the coin it is excellent news that club have built bridges with Morden Park.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:35 am

spen666 wrote:Darlington announcement implies it is a 'strong' squad Newcastle will send, but Newcastle announcement says they are sending U21 squad.

"Both Sunderland and Newcastle have indicated they will be fielding strong teams from their various squads"

Technically correct, as I guess Newcastle will send a strong team from their U21 squad. There won't be any deception involved. I'm sure it will be pretty clear what sort of team they are sending when it gets closer to the date, though an U21 team will mean we won't get a bumper gate.
Last edited by Yarblockos on Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Post by love it! » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:35 am

Fuck off Spen

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:50 am

spen666 wrote:Darlington announcement implies it is a 'strong' squad Newcastle will send, but Newcastle announcement says they are sending U21 squad.

I hope people don't come expecting a better visitors team than they get. It would affect the trust the club are trying to build with the wider population of Darlington.
I hope people don't buy tickets expecting to see Bennett and the 1st team

On the other side of the coin it is excellent news that club have built bridges with Morden Park.
Bennett? Morden Park?

Get lost you illiterate s***-stirrer.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:56 am

It clearly states it is a Sunderland XI and a Newcastle XI fielded from their various squads.

u21s isn't actually that prohibitive it is just 'B Team'. Not sure how many over the age players you can play but I've seen Jay Rodriguez and Falcao at u21s level in the past 2 seasons.

Either way. Spen you are a sad, sad man going searching the Newcastle website just because you wanted to make a stirring comment on here.

PS. I still haven't faced any sort of criminal charge for saying "I am a lawyer" a while back.

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Post by love it! » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:25 pm

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/boro ... g-11552808

Gazette covering the story which can only be a positive

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:06 pm

These fixtures don't float my boat I'm afraid...

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:26 pm

Great news well done to the club and MPRC for sorting this out. Hopefully we'll attract big crowds for both games.

darlodog

Post by darlodog » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:41 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:These fixtures don't float my boat I'm afraid...
Good to see you getting behind the club, the volunteers must feel like giving up with this type of attitude.

Curry_LG
Team Supported: Spennymoor & Notts County

Post by Curry_LG » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:08 pm

love it! wrote:Fuck off Spen
Bit harsh. He was only saying :mrgreen: :roll:

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:43 pm

love it! wrote:http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/boro ... g-11552808

Gazette wrote:Darlington FC went bust in 2012 and were replaced by a phoenix club Darlington 1883, who currently play at Heritage Park, in West Auckland, but are looking to get back into the town sooner rather than later.
Yeah, great coverage.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:12 am

I'm sure that Andrew Wilkinson will have pointed out to Philip Tallentire his factual inaccuracies.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:22 am

Makka Pakka wrote:
love it! wrote:http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/boro ... g-11552808

Gazette wrote:Darlington FC went bust in 2012 and were replaced by a phoenix club Darlington 1883, who currently play at Heritage Park, in West Auckland, but are looking to get back into the town sooner rather than later.
Yeah, great coverage.
You missed one...

yeh, maybe a couple of seasons ago Thommo could be classed as that, but it would be nice if they could spell his name right.
Geezet wrote:Their prolific striker is Steven Thompson, who came through the ranks at Boro but failed to break into the first team squad.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:30 am

lo36789 wrote:
It clearly states it is a Sunderland XI and a Newcastle XI fielded from their various squads.

u21s isn't actually that prohibitive it is just 'B Team'. Not sure how many over the age players you can play but I've seen Jay Rodriguez and Falcao at u21s level in the past 2 seasons.

Either way. Spen you are a sad, sad man going searching the Newcastle website just because you wanted to make a stirring comment on here.

PS. I still haven't faced any sort of criminal charge for saying "I am a lawyer" a while back.
I love your eloquent way with words.

I read the Newcastle website regularly and I am not despite your paranoia having a go at Darlington, but pointing out a potential pitfall if prospective fans come along expecting based on the Darlington announcement to see Rafael and 1st team players. Those prospective fans are unlikely to be happy at the potentially misleading basis they were induced to the game e. This will damage prospects of them coming back to Darlington games. Far better to advertise the game as it is, playing against the u21s. It will be a great day whether it is u21s or not.
The aim is to attract new fans and grow the club. You don't do that by misleading potential new fans

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:42 am

spen666 wrote:I love your eloquent way with words.
I love that you need everything spelled out to understand. It clearly states Newcastle XI and Sunderland XI.

I think you are missing the point, well entirely, if you think the driver for these games is to entice new darlo fans.

As with the previous friendlies with Sunderland it's to raise funds from a different population namely Sunderland and Newcastle fans. If I remember rightly at the last Sunderland friendly the allocation of tickets to Darlo fans was tiny and even then we didn't sell them.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:05 am

Well done Darlington and John Tempest! Good news and fact rather than conjecture. How well people have worked with Darlington RFC, Mowden Park, Bishop Auckland and Spennymoor (not Spen). Mr Spen must have little else to do in his life......

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:07 pm

The Echo today says it'll be youthful teams from Sunderland and Newcastle, which isn't helpful for the club.

darlodog

Post by darlodog » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:10 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:The Echo today says it'll be youthful teams from Sunderland and Newcastle, which isn't helpful for the club.
Likely because Stoddart's not a fan of the arena if you look at his tweets :o

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:24 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:The Echo today says it'll be youthful teams from Sunderland and Newcastle, which isn't helpful for the club.
Yeah, playing a side representing the region's biggest sides at a larger stadium in the town whilst fostering good relations with the current tenants is bound to cripple us.

Or not, you dense prat.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

loobyloo

Post by loobyloo » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:48 am

Take no notice of the northern echo article regarding the two games at the arena.They have the fixtures the wrong way round.