Wearmouth injury

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Sidarlo
Team Supported: Darlington

Wearmouth injury

Post by Sidarlo » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:07 pm

Cruicate operation. Never good and feel for anyone who has to go through it.

Hopefully a speedy and healthy recovery for our new signing

http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/arr ... operation/

shawry

Re: Wearmouth injury

Post by shawry » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:49 pm

From a purely selfish point of view its worrying that we've signed an injured player to be honest.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:15 am

Yeah I'm surprised this wasn't picked up earlier. From a selfish point of view I hope a large part of his contract is related to appearances (I genuinely have no idea how our players contracts are structured, mostly a weekly fee? entirely an appearance fee? appearance fee plus a small weekly amount? Not a clue).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:17 am

Assuming that DFC knew about his medical condition when he signed, why has the operation been postponed so long?

Paying wages for a player that maybe wont feature for the coming season would be ridiculous, so I assume he is only paid by DFC from his first being available for training and games.

He would have to be extremely highly rated to be signed and getting paid, while having a potential career threatening injury.

Trialist Harrison Scott seems to be a good option to an unavailable Wearmouth.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:01 am

Neil Johnson wrote:Assuming that DFC knew about his medical condition when he signed, why has the operation been postponed so long?
Probably down to NHS waiting lists. I doubt Darlington could afford to ( or indeed want to) be paying for private medical treatment

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:07 am

It was picked up during his medical so I'd be very very surprised if he has been given a contract.

LLB
Team Supported: Bishop Auckland

Post by LLB » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:54 am

spen666 wrote:
Neil Johnson wrote:Assuming that DFC knew about his medical condition when he signed, why has the operation been postponed so long?
Probably down to NHS waiting lists. I doubt Darlington could afford to ( or indeed want to) be paying for private medical treatment
Bishop Auckland Supporters Club contributed to the cost of our club captains private medical care when he needed a hernia operation. Depends how much DFC have in the pot to use for these kind of things....

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:12 pm

Paying wages for a player that maybe wont feature for the coming season would be ridiculous, so I assume he is only paid by DFC from his first being available for training and games.

He would have to be extremely highly rated to be signed and getting paid, while having a potential career threatening injury.

Trialist Harrison Scott seems to be a good option to an unavailable Wearmouth.
If you read the article correctly the injury wasn't picked up till recently, he even played a few games for Blyth after he had suffered the injury. We put the lad in for an mri a few weeks ago where the injury was identified and obviously he has now had the op. Arran signed a two year contract with the club when he signed.

And no, as Harrison Scott is a full back and Arran Wearmouth is an all out attack winger then he isn't a replacement.
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:06 pm

LLB wrote:
spen666 wrote:
Bishop Auckland Supporters Club contributed to the cost of our club captains private medical care when he needed a hernia operation. Depends how much DFC have in the pot to use for these kind of things....
I'd guess there's a difference helping a long serving club captain to a new signing who hasn't kicked a ball for us yet!

If Brown, or one of the others who has been with us for a season or so, needed support I'd hope we'd do what we could. Even if it was a whip round among fans.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:21 pm

Might be wrong but I think the club have some insurance, although if injury done before he was with us then that could be an issue.

Gray I would assume has pushed for the op to be completed private and covered by the club.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:36 pm

quakersam wrote:
Neil Johnson wrote:Trialist Harrison Scott seems to be a good option to an unavailable Wearmouth.
And no, as Harrison Scott is a full back and Arran Wearmouth is an all out attack winger then he isn't a replacement.
Glad I am not the only one who thought this was odd!?

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:47 pm

I'm under the impression that Harrison Scott has been brought in as cover for Marrs as Chris Hunter has tweaked his medial ligament and won't be up and running for the beginning of the season (he is also suspended for the first 2 games anyway).

The situation re. Wearmouth is a shame. It took Purewal 14 and a half months to get back playing however I do know that there were some complications where he had to get the same surgery twice if I remember correctly.

Thankfully we have Mitchell, Nightingale and Thompson available to play out wide. Possibly Galbraith too if needed.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:33 am

Darlofan97 wrote:I'm under the impression that Harrison Scott has been brought in as cover for Marrs as Chris Hunter has tweaked his medial ligament and won't be up and running for the beginning of the season (he is also suspended for the first 2 games anyway).

The situation re. Wearmouth is a shame. It took Purewal 14 and a half months to get back playing however I do know that there were some complications where he had to get the same surgery twice if I remember correctly.

Thankfully we have Mitchell, Nightingale and Thompson available to play out wide. Possibly Galbraith too if needed.
And Purewal, who has played plenty on the left wing.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:43 pm

Spyman wrote:
LLB wrote:
spen666 wrote:
I'd guess there's a difference helping a long serving club captain to a new signing who hasn't kicked a ball for us yet!

If Brown, or one of the others who has been with us for a season or so, needed support I'd hope we'd do what we could. Even if it was a whip round among fans.

There's also a difference between a Hernia Op and a CL rebuild.

Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:49 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:I'm under the impression that Harrison Scott has been brought in as cover for Marrs as Chris Hunter has tweaked his medial ligament and won't be up and running for the beginning of the season (he is also suspended for the first 2 games anyway).

Regarding Hunter...did he not come on in the latest game?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:55 pm

Isn't a CR injury quite long term, didn't Purewal suffer a similar injury?

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:55 pm

Trialist Harrison Scott has been applied as a wing back, but on occasions he has played in front of Mitchell.

He is right sided, but he or other flank players could probably cover for the loss of Wearmouth or others operating wide.

Having a "spare" flank player and using players on both wings are not new to Martin Gray's thinking.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:50 pm

There might be PFA pot of cash to help with things like this? I know obviously he isn't a professional, but you'd be talking about buttons compared to the money they have to throw around on pros. Perhaps some sort of fund exists to help part timers who pick up serious injuries through rehabilitation etc.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:09 pm

MG tried to strengthen with new wingers at the start of last season, but none of them came through. For this coming season we seem to have more quantity and quality with flanking midfield players that can score more and supply more good passes to the forwards.

Despite the higher league, DFC may approach another 100 goal tally, so get sponsoring the DFC goals!