95/96 Team Reunion Game

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

Darlobaz79
Team Supported: Darlington

95/96 Team Reunion Game

Post by Darlobaz79 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:46 am

Northallerton Town Sunday at 2pm

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/ ... f=mr&lp=17

Who is going?

Neil Johnson

Re: 95/96 Team Reunion Game

Post by Neil Johnson » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:10 am

Advertised on FB & Twitter?

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:09 am

hope weather is good as were going to watch the old boys on sunday.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:33 pm

Nice to see the club have publicised the hell out of this to get a decent crowd and raise some funds for the BTD fund :?

Or arent they arsed about it?? :thumbdown:

OHDFC

Post by OHDFC » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:09 pm

loan_star wrote:Nice to see the club have publicised the hell out of this to get a decent crowd and raise some funds for the BTD fund :?

Or arent they arsed about it?? :thumbdown:
They?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:39 am

How did this game go ?
#BeKind

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:33 pm

It was great a few players didnt turn up like Pollitt . Blake. Gregan. Mark barnard. Gary bannister but overall it wasnt a bad match it raised just short of £1500.

I was dissapointed with a couple of things tho, one being that i thought there could of been more support from fans and that no repersentative from te club came.

Off the top of my head these players turned up

Paul Newell. Adam Reed. Simon Shaw. Gary Twynham. Paul Robsinson. Steve Gaughan. Anthony Carrs. Phil Brumwell. Robbie Painter. Paul Kirkham. Roger Wicks. Danny Key. I might of missed a couple of players off

loobyloo

Post by loobyloo » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:54 pm

Really enjoyed the game.score was 8 goals each.The hardest part was trying to put names to players after 20yrs some have changed more than others.Great to see Malcolm McDonald at the game as he is a patron of the Percy Hedley foundation.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:57 pm

Mark Barnard was there and his son played too, left wing for the 96 team.
Adam Reed, Simon Shaw, Gary Twynham, Paul Robinson, Steve Gaughan, Anthony Carrs, Phil Brumwell, Robbie Painter, Peter Kirkham, Roger Wicks, Danny Key, Laurie Pearson, Shaun Reay, Andy Toman and Dale Anderson all played.

Personally I think there would have been a much better crowd had the game been played at the RA or even Blackwell Meadows instead of Northallerton.

Still it was a good game and entertaining enough for those that bothered to turn up.
Bad that the club couldnt send any officials down to show their faces though.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:01 pm

loan_star wrote:Mark Barnard was there and his son played too, left wing for the 96 team.
Adam Reed, Simon Shaw, Gary Twynham, Paul Robinson, Steve Gaughan, Anthony Carrs, Phil Brumwell, Robbie Painter, Peter Kirkham, Roger Wicks, Danny Key, Laurie Pearson, Shaun Reay, Andy Toman and Dale Anderson all played.

Personally I think there would have been a much better crowd had the game been played at the RA or even Blackwell Meadows instead of Northallerton.

Still it was a good game and entertaining enough for those that bothered to turn up.
Final comment was incorrect representatives of the major share holders DFCFG were at the game, just chose not to identify themselves.

shawry

Post by shawry » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:37 am

robsraiders wrote:
loan_star wrote:Mark Barnard was there and his son played too, left wing for the 96 team.

Final comment was incorrect representatives of the major share holders DFCFG were at the game, just chose not to identify themselves.
If they don't identify themselves then for all intensive purposes they weren't there surely?