FC United away

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Emdubya
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FC United away

Post by Emdubya » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:37 pm

The whole point of this is to avoid putting any tickets on general sale because that's where the problem lies.Limiting tickets to ST holders and DFCSG members would all but eradicate the problem.
This would no doubt be tough on genuine fans who have neither of the above but we have little choice if we want rid of the dickheads before they cause the club some real grief.

windyforce4

Post by windyforce4 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:52 am

We have been allocated 500 tickets for the game.

darlodaz

Post by darlodaz » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:31 am

i phoned fc utd and the fella on other side said we were getting 650 tickets.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:15 pm

Confirmed as 650 tickets allocated to Darlington with a reduced capacity of 4,000 on the day.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:31 pm

Have we been allocated seating within those 650 or are they all standing?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:13 pm

I think they're all behind the goal.

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:28 am

There's no way you can safely get 650 people behind 1 goal without terracing/seats. Think of it logically, the sides of the pitch are generally around 50% longer than the width. If you could get 650 behind the goal, just stood watching around the perimeter, then the ground capacity would be approx (2 x 650) + (2 x 1.5 x 650) = 3250 before you take into account terraces and seats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:05 am

liddle_4_ever wrote:There's no way you can safely get 650 people behind 1 goal without terracing/seats. Think of it logically, the sides of the pitch are generally around 50% longer than the width. If you could get 650 behind the goal, just stood watching around the perimeter, then the ground capacity would be approx (2 x 650) + (2 x 1.5 x 650) = 3250 before you take into account terraces and seats!

We'll be stood behind each other struggling to see.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:03 pm

We get half of the far side as well as behind the goal
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:55 pm

lo36789 wrote:Stockport is a local derby though? I doubt we will attract many floating home fans as a big game - it's just whether our away following on top of their normal home crowd will take me over the capacity.
Could be around 500 Darlo wanting to be there, but NW based Darlo exiles may miss out if game is made all ticket. (remember the Salford debacle)

Having to physically pick up home cup or away tickets up in Darlo is a bit of a struggle, when you are exiled and have paid out for DFCSG, Club 500 or a ST.

I use my Darlo based Uncle for such collections, but others may miss out by the lack of Internet ticketing in the lower leagues.

Maybe at some future point in time tickets can be scanned and sent by e-mail, with a minor charge. Post nowadays may be too slow and unreliable.

If Darlo reach the National League the grounds should have better capacities to accommodate both our NE based and exiled fans.

At least all ticket games can keep the nutter element away, but it's a shame many regular fans could miss out.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:08 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:
lo36789 wrote:Stockport is a local derby though? I doubt we will attract many floating home fans as a big game - it's just whether our away following on top of their normal home crowd will take me over the capacity.
Could be around 500 Darlo wanting to be there, but NW based Darlo exiles may miss out if game is made all ticket. (remember the Salford debacle)

Having to physically pick up home cup or away tickets up in Darlo is a bit of a struggle, when you are exiled and have paid out for DFCSG, Club 500 or a ST.

I use my Darlo based Uncle for such collections, but others may miss out by the lack of Internet ticketing in the lower leagues.

Maybe at some future point in time tickets can be scanned and sent by e-mail, with a minor charge. Post nowadays may be too slow and unreliable.

If Darlo reach the National League the grounds should have better capacities to accommodate both our NE based and exiled fans.

At least all ticket games can keep the nutter element away, but it's a shame many regular fans could miss out.
You can order online & pickup ticket at FC United if a member of DFCSG. I got an email about it earlier this week.

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:57 am

Hoping there is a general sale...

This was the first game I looked for when the fixtures were released...Hoping to take Mrs F and mu daughter

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:25 am

I'd be very surprised if there are many, if any tickets left for general sale.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:28 am

I'm in two minds about it. I can't see how they can justifiably shove all of us behind the goal. I'm only 5 foot 9, and the boy is obviously shorter still. If we're unable to watch the game, what's the point in going? Worth the risk?

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:35 pm

Should be no issues with being able to see isn't there terracing behind the goal.

I went down and got my tickets this morning, steady stream of people going in.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:41 pm

quakerste wrote:Should be no issues with being able to see isn't there terracing behind the goal.

I went down and got my tickets this morning, steady stream of people going in.
No its all flat
http://www.footballgroundguide.com/imag ... ay-end.jpg
dickdarlington wrote:I'm in two minds about it. I can't see how they can justifiably shove all of us behind the goal. I'm only 5 foot 9, and the boy is obviously shorter still. If we're unable to watch the game, what's the point in going? Worth the risk?
We have been allocated half of the far side up to where the gantry is http://www.footballgroundguide.com/imag ... 653642.jpg

as well as behind the goal
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

darlodaz

Post by darlodaz » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:27 pm

best i can do for you on the exact area that darlo supporters will be situated during the match is if you type into google images of fc utd new ground and on the left there are images you can look at its picture 25 that shows behind the goal and the bit to the side we will have. maybe one of you lads/lasses can put the image on here for everyone else to see.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:17 am

Another two tickets purchased. Reassured by having more space. Looking forward to this one.

Darlo1235

Post by Darlo1235 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:05 pm

Are most people getting the train to Victoria? Then going to the ground.

montezumas revenge

Post by montezumas revenge » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:44 am

Hi Fellas,
Unfortunately you'll get one end and the side up to the TV gantry, anything else I can help you with then just ask, food, Transport etc etc.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:50 am

Yeah, can you help with the pre-match drink situation.

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:18 pm

And parking recommendations!

Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

feethams

Post by feethams » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:58 pm

If you go on the FCUM web page you can watch highlights of their recent game v Stockport where just over 3000 were in the ground. Behind the goal where the Stockport fans are they are stood around 3-4 people deep and appears on two levels (must be one step i'm guessing). I'm guessing Stockport travelled with quite a few fans.

Can't attach a photo but the highlights here: https://vimeo.com/channels/fcumtv/178672670

montezumas revenge

Post by montezumas revenge » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:15 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Yeah, can you help with the pre-match drink situation.
Ok Guy's

round Moston there's not much! you can have a couple of beers in "The Miners" that's FC friendly and OK, it's on Teddington road opposite the ground, your best bet is having a drink in Manchester! anywhere on Shudehill is good, "Hare and Hounds" and "The Turks Head" are cheap and crackin beer, you can get the metro over the road from those pubs that will take up to the Newton Heath and Moston tram stop then go past the "Railway" pub and it's a 10 minute walk up the road! alternatively booze at shudehill then nip into Stevensons Square and pick up one of the 2 special buses straight up to the ground £1.50 one way I think those are at 2pm and 2.20pm..ps our City Surveyors are always
out looking to spoil a party so keep it sweet in town ;) ....ps it's 15 mins from town to the ground on the Metro tram

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:17 pm

I can remember a few times such as Warrington where we gave their coaching staff some stick we were a few deep. Just get the tall ones to the back!

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:18 pm

feethams wrote:If you go on the FCUM web page you can watch highlights of their recent game v Stockport where just over 3000 were in the ground. Behind the goal where the Stockport fans are they are stood around 3-4 people deep and appears on two levels (must be one step i'm guessing).
No step. Flat standing, the people behind must just have been taller :D

A few people have now confirmed we have behind the goal and a bit along the side. Which makes sense if you consider the allocation we give for away fans at Bish, and the abundance of space remaining for 350 fans (albeit we have temp seating there too).

For 'montezumas revenge', thanks for the clarity, as Liddle_4_ever asks, any guidance on parking would be greatly appreciated.

montezumas revenge

Post by montezumas revenge » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:24 pm

liddle_4_ever wrote:And parking recommendations!

Hi Liddle for ever

Here you go

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/travel_hub.php

click on the car parking tool

there are also about 200 "on the road" spaces on Lightbowne Rd but you have to be swift to get a spot

montezumas revenge

Post by montezumas revenge » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:47 pm

P.S

any coaches coming need to PRE-book a space at the ground

Darlo1235

Post by Darlo1235 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:51 pm

How many tickets have we sold. It was just over 200 last week. Wonder how many FC United have sold but that doesn't really matter.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:02 pm

I was told 350 were sold as of Sunday.