FC United away

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

FC United away

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:03 pm

Any idea how many tickets we'll get? I've not travelled away on the coach before, how do I go about booking travel and ticket?

Emdubya
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FC United away

Post by Emdubya » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:23 pm

What makes you think it will be all ticket?.You will have to join DFCSG to travel on the supporters coach.

grytters

Post by grytters » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:17 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:Any idea how many tickets we'll get? I've not travelled away on the coach before, how do I go about booking travel and ticket?

Here you go - http://www.arrivatrainswales.co.uk/
Bring Back the Quarters

Darlo1235

Post by Darlo1235 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:51 pm

Anyone getting the train to this. The stations at moston which is the closest I think.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:12 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:Any idea how many tickets we'll get? I've not travelled away on the coach before, how do I go about booking travel and ticket?
Hi SwansQ,

if for some reason you'll be travelling to this away game from Darlo then all the DFCSG coach departure times and fares for the first half of the season are here:

http://www.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/travel

All the fares and times are in the side panel (FCUM coach departs Darlo at 10:45am on the 29th August - fare £20).

To book a seat on the coach phone Glen or Mary on 07951 434731.

As already mentioned above you either need to be a member of the DFCSG or a member of the DFCSG Travel Club in order to travel on the Supporters Group coach. Membership of the Travel Club is only £5 and you can join online here:

http://www.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/join

You can use the same form to join as a full member which is £25 for the first year (includes a one-time £5 joining fee). If you're already a member then you'll be covered as the membership year runs from the 1st September.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:45 pm

Emdubya wrote:What makes you think it will be all ticket?.You will have to join DFCSG to travel on the supporters coach.
Stockport is segregated, all ticket and they've only got 600 tickets. I've chatted to a couple of their fans who think our game will go the same way
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:24 pm

Stockport is a local derby though? I doubt we will attract many floating home fans as a big game - it's just whether our away following on top of their normal home crowd will take me over the capacity.

Cockerton48

Re:Gloucester City Away

Post by Cockerton48 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:29 pm

Sorry to change the subject but I don't yet know how to create a new post! The Gloucester City away game on Sunday 21st August - do they still play at Cheltenham's ground at Whaddon Road?

divas

Re: Re:Gloucester City Away

Post by divas » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:49 pm

Cockerton48 wrote:Sorry to change the subject but I don't yet know how to create a new post! The Gloucester City away game on Sunday 21st August - do they still play at Cheltenham's ground at Whaddon Road?
Yes

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:09 am

Mr_Tibbs wrote:
Hi SwansQ,

if for some reason you'll be travelling to this away game from Darlo then all the DFCSG coach departure times and fares for the first half of the season are here:

http://www.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/travel

All the fares and times are in the side panel (FCUM coach departs Darlo at 10:45am on the 29th August - fare £20).

To book a seat on the coach phone Glen or Mary on 07951 434731.

As already mentioned above you either need to be a member of the DFCSG or a member of the DFCSG Travel Club in order to travel on the Supporters Group coach. Membership of the Travel Club is only £5 and you can join online here:

http://www.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/join

You can use the same form to join as a full member which is £25 for the first year (includes a one-time £5 joining fee). If you're already a member then you'll be covered as the membership year runs from the 1st September.
Thanks for the info. I am a member of DFCSG... I will give that number a ring... Cheers.

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:10 am

Emdubya wrote:What makes you think it will be all ticket?.You will have to join DFCSG to travel on the supporters coach.
Probably a small away section and it's on an August bank hol...

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:11 am

grytters wrote:

Here you go - http://www.arrivatrainswales.co.uk/
Very good... :roll:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:35 am

If they give us the 600 that they've given Stockport that will be sufficient. With the exception of local derbies and title chasing games I don't think we take that many away that often - even on bank holidays.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:48 am

It would be great for this not to be segregated but given its bank holiday, novelty factor, two big clubs, I can see this one being segregated on police advice.

Pity as their away end is terrible, see picture. It's all on one level so good luck viewing the game for those that get there late

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/imag ... ay-end.jpg
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:10 pm

quakersam wrote:It would be great for this not to be segregated but given its bank holiday, novelty factor, two big clubs, I can see this one being segregated on police advice.

Pity as their away end is terrible, see picture. It's all on one level so good luck viewing the game for those that get there late

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/imag ... ay-end.jpg
Two of the four sides are like that on one level. Everyone says it looks impressive but when you look at it properly it really isn't... the outside of the main stand makes it look impressive but inside it isn't... how much more would it have cost to put four or five steps in that end and along the other side? not much... and if they did progress they'd only have to go back and do it at a later date anyway.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:46 pm

What a ridiculous 'stand'! What is the point of even building that roof? Given anyone who actually wants to see anything is going to have to stand at the front, which isn't covered by it anyway!

I hope there isn't ever anything quite so monumentally daft built at BM.

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:17 pm

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:10 pm

They ran out of money. Which is why the main stand isn't finished, and the other two sides are presently flat standing. As a club in a similar situation, we fans should cut them some slack. It's significantly better than most of the grounds we've been to.

In time it'll be completed, and at least it's covered (a stipulation of planning to restrict noise pollution).

If we do get 600 tickets, I'm sure we'll get some of the side terrace too. Flat standing is calculated at people standing two deep. Behind the goal would provide space for 350 fans. Consider the location of the segregation at HP. And we only give 350 tickets to away fans.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:31 pm

Aye,you were right.All we need now is a plan to prevent the cling on mongrels getting their paws on any tickets.Season ticket and DFCSG members only and one ticket per member??.
Might sound a bit harsh but we MUST get rid of this pond life element somehow.

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:47 pm

Emdubya wrote:
Aye,you were right.All we need now is a plan to prevent the cling on mongrels getting their paws on any tickets.Season ticket and DFCSG members only and one ticket per member??.
Not at all, this is how it's done at every club - members and ST holders have priority.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:02 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
Emdubya wrote:
Not at all, this is how it's done at every club - members and ST holders have priority.
I'm aware of that Swans.Its the one ticket each that some might find hard to take.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:00 pm

The behaviour of the idiots on Saturday has not gone unnoticed or unreported and there are going to be repercussions. FC United being made all ticket is only the start.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:15 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
Emdubya wrote:
Every chance of more ticket games in future.

For someone like me who cant get to many home games I dont buy a season ticket but do contribute to monthly club fundraisers.Might be better buying a season ticket and support the club that way,same money for the club and I may be able to get match tickets more easily.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:17 pm

quakerste wrote:The behaviour of the idiots on Saturday has not gone unnoticed or unreported and there are going to be repercussions. FC United being made all ticket is only the start.
Worry is FCUM have some nut jobs following them.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:56 pm

quakerste wrote:The behaviour of the idiots on Saturday has not gone unnoticed or unreported and there are going to be repercussions. FC United being made all ticket is only the start.
The start? The two things aren't even linked.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:01 pm

The ridiculousness of that stand is exactly why the temp stand should be coming to BM.

Has anyone from the club attempted to explain why this isn't being done? It was bought at expense by the fans, and will clearly improve the new home, even if it doesn't count towards capacity. It could be placed in numerous places and could even have a roof added later?

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:17 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
Emdubya wrote:

For someone like me who cant get to many home games I dont buy a season ticket but do contribute to monthly club fundraisers.Might be better buying a season ticket and support the club that way,same money for the club and I may be able to get match tickets more easily.
True, although couldn't ticket priority apply to DFCSG members as well? I don't have a season as I go down to Swansea games as well so not worth it, but I am a member of the SG.

darlodaz

Post by darlodaz » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:19 pm

the stand is coming so i am told by one of richardsons staff who is working on the ground.it is for the away supporters and the tin shed is going to be 7 steps in height what size step i am not sure.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:46 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
Emdubya wrote:

True, although couldn't ticket priority apply to DFCSG members as well? I don't have a season as I go down to Swansea games as well so not worth it, but I am a member of the SG.
I think first priority will go to 500 club members and season ticket holders. Not sure about DFCSG members after that. Sometimes all ticket games don't get arranged until the last few days, especially cup replays. They may have trouble giving sufficient time to various groups, before putting the remainder on general sale.

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:33 pm

darlodaz wrote:the stand is coming so i am told by one of richardsons staff who is working on the ground.it is for the away supporters and the tin shed is going to be 7 steps in height what size step i am not sure.
Wasnt the original Tin shed about 13?