Police

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

sada8022
Team Supported: Darlington

Police

Post by sada8022 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:16 am

Was it a bit over kill to have 12 police officers their last night, do e have to pay for that. I worked it out it was 1 officer for about 10 to 12 away supporters. Why did we not segregate half way between the seats as some older supporters need to sit and I did raise this with the club especially with the amount they brought.

So go on in true uncovered fashion as I not a regular on here shoot me down as only the chosen few on here can make valid points.

Robbie Painter

Re: Police

Post by Robbie Painter » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:36 am

A sensible post finished off in bizarre, defensive & paranoid fashion!

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:38 am

Robbie Painter wrote:A sensible post finished off in bizarre, defensive & paranoid fashion!
Agree.

Some folk are awfy sensitive aren't they?

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:40 am

sada8022 wrote:Was it a bit over kill to have 12 police officers their last night, do e have to pay for that. I worked it out it was 1 officer for about 10 to 12 away supporters. Why did we not segregate half way between the seats as some older supporters need to sit and I did raise this with the club especially with the amount they brought.

So go on in true uncovered fashion as I not a regular on here shoot me down as only the chosen few on here can make valid points.
Firstly, apart from seats reserved for corporate and directors, the main stand is occupied by season ticket holders, so you can't move them. Secondly, the Stockport fans had access to 300 seats behind the goal.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:42 am

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
sada8022 wrote:Was it a bit over kill to have 12 police officers their last night, do e have to pay for that. I worked it out it was 1 officer for about 10 to 12 away supporters. Why did we not segregate half way between the seats as some older supporters need to sit and I did raise this with the club especially with the amount they brought.

Firstly, apart from seats reserved for corporate and directors, the main stand is occupied by season ticket holders, so you can't move them. Secondly, the Stockport fans had access to 300 seats behind the goal.
I assume sada8022 means the seats behind the goal, not the main stand.

sada8022

Post by sada8022 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:28 am

Yes seats behind goal should have had the segregation in the middle to accommodate some of our older supporters

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:35 am

sada8022 wrote:Yes seats behind goal should have had the segregation in the middle to accommodate some of our older supporters
Yes, I see your point. Maybe Stockport County over-estimated their away support?

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:22 am

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
sada8022 wrote:Yes seats behind goal should have had the segregation in the middle to accommodate some of our older supporters
Yes, I see your point. Maybe Stockport County over-estimated their away support?
if so, Darlo Pete isn't the only one lol

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:04 pm

Comfortably_numb wrote:
Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
if so, Darlo Pete isn't the only one lol
What if they based their estimate on Darlo Pete's prediction?

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:14 pm

Think they would have been more use warning off people parking on the verges next to the stadium. It just isn't safe, even if there are no double yellow lines. The segregation is a cause of problems, just look at the rugby matches. Fans mix quite happily (even with the aid of a pint or two) on the terraces. Who thinks that what is OK for Rugby Union is not acceptable for FA football? Oh b****r, have just answered my own question - the bell-ends at the FA.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:17 pm

jjljks wrote:Think they would have been more use warning off people parking on the verges next to the stadium. It just isn't safe, even if there are no double yellow lines. The segregation is a cause of problems, just look at the rugby matches. Fans mix quite happily (even with the aid of a pint or two) on the terraces. Who thinks that what is OK for Rugby Union is not acceptable for FA football? Oh b****r, have just answered my own question - the bell-ends at the FA.
why isn't it safe to park on the verges OFF the road...???

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:15 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
jjljks wrote:Think they would have been more use warning off people parking on the verges next to the stadium. It just isn't safe, even if there are no double yellow lines. The segregation is a cause of problems, just look at the rugby matches. Fans mix quite happily (even with the aid of a pint or two) on the terraces. Who thinks that what is OK for Rugby Union is not acceptable for FA football? Oh b****r, have just answered my own question - the bell-ends at the FA.
A lot of people park up on the industrial estate then walk the quarter mile to the ground, but there is no footpath on the stadium side, hence walk along the verge. When people park on this verge (bumping over the large kerbs and possibly damaging tracking / steering / floor or sills of their vehicles), they then force pedestrians onto the road which is the busy A688 and has a 60mph limit. After the match, fans are walking back (often in the dark) and have to avoid drivers getting back onto the road into the traffic. Hope that is enough explanation. :shock:

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:43 am

jjljks wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
A lot of people park up on the industrial estate then walk the quarter mile to the ground, but there is no footpath on the stadium side, hence walk along the verge. When people park on this verge (bumping over the large kerbs and possibly damaging tracking / steering / floor or sills of their vehicles), they then force pedestrians onto the road which is the busy A688 and has a 60mph limit. After the match, fans are walking back (often in the dark) and have to avoid drivers getting back onto the road into the traffic. Hope that is enough explanation. :shock:
There's an accident waiting to happen there. Especially after night time games. Even with no parked cars it's precarious enough but if cars park on the verge and fans have to walk on the road in the dark I'd be really concerned. Drivers normally drive along that stretch pretty quick, it's a narrow road and there's often several hundred pedestrians all walking at different paces.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:18 pm

I saw somebody nearly get knocked over on Wednesday, trying to cross the main road to get to there car parked on the opposite grass verge. I could understand people parking on the grass verge, if the only alternative was considerably further away or there was some cost involved. But that is not the case parking at Sainsbury's is free and only a 1 minute walk away.

HarrytheQuaker

Police

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:14 pm

jjljks wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Why are we talking about it now, how long have we been at HP and never been a problem before ????? I've been walking back the same route since we started playing there on a night never seen a problem...

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:27 pm

I walk to my car across the roundabout and to the layby opposite our old B Carpark and have
Have done this since the B Carpark was closed i have never seen any problems people are not daft they will take care crossing the road, as driver's also generally take care when the game is finished. everyone,s not moron,s

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:31 pm

Well that escalated quickly.

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:57 am

"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:04 pm

:lol: On the plus side, that could have been our last evening kick-off at HP so unless we play BA away in some Durham FA Cup replay, then some risks are reduced. All the more reason to get back to town and trust Blackwell Meadows will have better carpark arrangements!

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:56 pm

A potential issue with BM is that fans will need to cross the road to reach the bus stop to head back to town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!