Buy the 'Goal posts and Nets'

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

Buy the 'Goal posts and Nets'

Post by poppyfield » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:03 pm

Hope you don't mind 'divas' but I thought this needs its own thread

After the fantastic response to buying the 'dug outs', the uncovered fund is using its monies to buy the goal posts and nets for BM, they need to raise £2000, they have already got £1635 so they need £365 to cross the line, see the pitch below, and if you can please donate :thumbup:

http://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupporte ... -post-fund
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

don'tbuythesun

Re: Buy the 'Goal posts and Nets'

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:29 am

Needs to go on official Darlington and Uncovered Twitter?

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:48 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:Needs to go on official Darlington and Uncovered Twitter?
And DFCSG twitter. Do you tweet on uncovered twitter to get it out there as i can sort other 2

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:26 am

Put it on official Darlington fc. site everyone doesn't use Twitter.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:37 am

Cheers, sorry I'm not on twitter!

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:35 am

onewayup wrote:Put it on official Darlington fc. site everyone doesn't use Twitter.
From the comments on here at times not everyone reads the official site but the more places the better. Because of changing times twitter helped the success of the dugouts but all channels help spread the message

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:05 pm

Its on the move, £1660 now in the fund :thumbup:
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image

divas

Post by divas » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:05 am

Nearly 1000 views and only 4 people have bothered to donate. Pretty shameful given you can donate as little as £1

We can't keep relying on the 400 or so people who have dug deep again and again to build BM.

There are 800 or people regularly coming to games that are doing nothing but paying to watch the match. As a fan owned club we can't just rely on gate money when we have to build a ground.

I understand not everyone can afford large sums but surely everyone can spare a quid - just buy one less pint a week.....

JE93

Post by JE93 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:48 am

Sorry just a clarification question are the uncovered fund and match day bucket collections the same or separate funds?

Thanks in advance for any help

Geordie Quaker

Post by Geordie Quaker » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:54 am

Too far with some of that language methinks Divas.

Those individuals who are 'doing nothing but paying to watch the match' (and you are making a massive assumption about them there) are a critical segment of our fan base and the last thing they need is alienating with such a 'us versus them' culture.

Read into what makes people donate / not donate: it covers everything from perception of usefulness (e.g. 'will £1 make a difference') to donor fatigue *(e.g. 'what, again?') and the more obvious issues of other financial priorities etc. That stuff often counters a very well-intentioned desire to help.

I want this money to come in as much as the next fan (unless we ranking that too?) but don't think this will help achieve that.

Gow9900

Post by Gow9900 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:36 pm

IF and I say 'IF' the bucket collection amount from tomorrow's game are included in this then I expect we will have the target achieved in the next few days.

As for people not donating, season tickets/pay on the day/programmes/50.50 tickets/fans lottery/Blackwell fundraising etc etc, people already do a lot, people have different levels of income/disposal income which impacts on how much they put in etc.

The_Ozzman_Cometh

Post by The_Ozzman_Cometh » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:36 pm

Well I've done my bit for this funding!!

We're up to £1850 now!!

The Ozzman
The World is Full of Kings & Queens
Who Blind your Eyes then Steal your Dreams

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:54 pm

JE93 wrote:Sorry just a clarification question are the uncovered fund and match day bucket collections the same or separate funds?

They are separate funds but ultimately they have the same purpose - to contribute towards the cost of the move to Blackwell Meadows.

The bucket collections are paid into DFCSG's 'Back to Darlo' fund and money has been handed over periodically to the Football Club to help meet various commitments in connection with the move to Blackwell Meadows.

I recollect that the Uncovered Fund was established a couple of years ago by a handful of posters on Uncovered to pay for something tangible in connection with the move. These posters have continued to contribute to the fund on a regular basis and amassed £1635. They have now requested donations from other posters on Uncovered in order to raise the total in the fund to £2,000 to pay for the goal posts and nets.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:57 pm

JE93 wrote:Sorry just a clarification question are the uncovered fund and match day bucket collections the same or separate funds?

TDS

Post by TDS » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:17 pm

Divas, not sure if your post was intended to spur people to donate their hard earned or not, but I'm almost positive it wont have the desired affect. :roll:

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:33 pm

divas wrote:Nearly 1000 views and only 4 people have bothered to donate. Pretty shameful given you can donate as little as £1

We can't keep relying on the 400 or so people who have dug deep again and again to build BM.

There are 800 or people regularly coming to games that are doing nothing but paying to watch the match. As a fan owned club we can't just rely on gate money when we have to build a ground.

I understand not everyone can afford large sums but surely everyone can spare a quid - just buy one less pint a week.....
A disappointing and uncalled for post.
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:38 pm

We've just sorted the dugouts and now I've chucked a fiver towards nets but it's up to individuals. It's not shameful it's peoples choice!! I'm certain we'll get there, but encouragement would be better.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:40 pm

TDS wrote:Divas, not sure if your post was intended to spur people to donate their hard earned or not, but I'm almost positive it wont have the desired affect. :roll:
7 since the post. Now up to £1862

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:22 pm

TDS wrote:Divas, not sure if your post was intended to spur people to donate their hard earned or not, but I'm almost positive it wont have the desired affect. :roll:
Not sure if your post was intended as a self-fulfilling prophesy

Trike1

Post by Trike1 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:26 pm

1900 now

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:07 pm

Allan Quatermain wrote:
divas wrote:Nearly 1000 views and only 4 people have bothered to donate. Pretty shameful given you can donate as little as £1

A disappointing and uncalled for post.
Probably just honesty and as reality checks go I think it's quite subtle in the scheme of things.

I am not convinced the whole fan base is yet bought into what fan ownership means. I'll be more convinced when DFCSG membership is closer to average home attendances...

TDS

Post by TDS » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:18 pm

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
7 since the post? Don't pretend people went off and found a quid because Divas said so. Prove he didn't put 3 people off and we could've had 10 people instead?

Ultimately, we need to understand there are going to be fans who are simply happy paying their ticket price, getting to watch the match in return and going home. We are not a charity, people will naturally expect something back for their money. This "channel all your money into DFC no matter what" mentality will drive more away than a relaxed approach will.

Well done with this fundraiser anyway, what's next on the shopping list?

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:39 pm

TDS wrote:
Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
We are not a charity, people will naturally expect something back for their money. This "channel all your money into DFC no matter what" mentality will drive more away than a relaxed approach will.
But we do get something back for our money. We get to watch our football team playing in their home town again. It certainly doesn't feel like giving to a charity, more like putting money into a hobby. After all, we get a lot of pleasure from following Darlo.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:45 pm

Target reached by 15 individuals. The debate now is whether a separate uncovered fund is still needed with all the other options availablei

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:08 pm

TDS wrote:We are not a charity, people will naturally expect something back for their money.
Very rarely are people owners of charities they donate to.

As I said people missing the point - fan ownership takes us beyond this is a product we are selling.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:16 pm

A big thank you to all those fans who chipped into the uncovered fund over the months/years, and also those who put in to get us across the line to meet the target. Take a bow :clap: :clap:

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:56 pm

It continues to be an amazing journey and for us merseyside fans who rarely get to home games its great to be able to support the club we love from afar by giving to dfcsg membership, dugouts, posts, etc. Keep it up, people...Darlos homeward bound!!

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:31 pm

Hang on a minute, what about corner flags! :lol:

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:14 pm

what about getting to £2500? sometimes when people get egged on we can raise a lot of money

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:00 pm

poppyfield wrote:Hang on a minute, what about corner flags! :lol:
Actually quite a serious comment. probably needed and not cheap.

I don't think there is any problem in the chairman 'encouraging donations', pretty much happened at every amateur club I've been associated with. Pretty much their set out things robustly at times. It is also fair to say that there will always be a broad church in terms of fans commitment in respect of time and money. What is certainly true is a fan's club is a wholly different beast to a benefactor club and that will take some adjustment.