BM latest pics..?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Vodka_Vic
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: BM latest pics..?

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:53 pm

It is very ambiguous as to how comprehensive it needs to be. That's why I was surprised when I read it, and as lo says, it seems a bit illogical to have to keep resubmitting a business plan.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:21 pm

Is the stand not in line with the half way line because of this pipe???

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:22 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:Is the stand not in line with the half way line because of this pipe???
That's correct.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:27 pm

The pitch looks almost square can we change the posts to suit whichever way we want to play !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:10 am

bga wrote:
Magical Quakers wrote:Another pic of the ground, this time from above:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwR00NmXgAIk29N.jpg

Taken from Tori Gill on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/Tweeter_Tori/status ... 5920738304
Does Tori own a helicopter because that could help dry out the pitch when the inevitable winter rain comes!?
Can anyone superimpose the pipeline on one of these aerial photos ? would be much appreciated.

feethams

Post by feethams » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:41 am

Perhaps something like this:

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:44 am

feethams wrote:Perhaps something like this:

Spot on! Well impressed by your IT skills :clap:

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:52 am

Those photos are brilliant and well done for the pipeline thing....I was thinking how useful that would be. I can't believe how quickly that this has all come together-it's starting to look like a real footie ground and for the doubters, well here we are!!!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:53 am

That is useful actually. I think that shows the room for development all the way around the corner where the seated stand is.

You could probably fit 3 more of the same stand again in that space which should take our capacity and seating pretty close to the required standard?

Even if not behind the goal you could probably double the depth of it as well which provides plenty of opportunity.

Exciting.

feethams

Post by feethams » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:01 am

jjljks wrote:

Thank you - obviously it won't be 100% accurate but gives a decent enough indication. I know from the plans that the seating stand starts as early as it can next to the pipe, and it appears the pipe exists just past where the goal posts would be.

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:46 am

That's the general area although the pipe is a little thinner and more on the diagonal corner to corner than drawn which is good news as it gives further scope.

There is a set clearance from the edge of the pipe to where you can build but I can't recall how many metres it is

feethams

Post by feethams » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:22 pm

Does anyone know why we have only built half of the seated stand?

This plan shows the pipe as being very wide.

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Post by Quakers1883 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:28 pm

Undercovered wrote:That's the general area although the pipe is a little thinner and more on the diagonal corner to corner than drawn which is good news as it gives further scope.

There is a set clearance from the edge of the pipe to where you can build but I can't recall how many metres it is
I was thinking corner to corner would of been better, the pitch may of needed to be moved slightly to the right of the picture. I have to say that I'm really pleased with what has been done, it looks fantastic. :thumbup:
FORZA DARLO

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:31 pm

I wonder if it would have cost too much to move the pitch over a few feet so that the pipe did run corner to corner? It would also have given more room for possible development on the club house side.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:32 pm

feethams wrote:Image

Does anyone know why we have only built half of the seated stand?

This plan shows the pipe as being very wide.
In short, money. We raised enough for 250 seats, not 500.

The pipe needs 6.5m either side for access, hence the exclusion zone. But these images clearly show a) where we have potential to develop, and b) how much space there actually is.

The relationship between the rugby club and the football club is going to be the definig factor, as if we want to progress, the ground will need to be developed both in front (and either side) of the club house, and probably beyond the fence at the open end (if we get back to the football league).

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:14 pm

feethams wrote:
jjljks wrote:

Thank you - obviously it won't be 100% accurate but gives a decent enough indication. I know from the plans that the seating stand starts as early as it can next to the pipe, and it appears the pipe exists just past where the goal posts would be.
Gives an idea of the limitations the pipe imposes on the ground. Not only is there the 36inch diameter main, but also a number of field drains that go towards the Tin Shed & new mini-stand, really just collecting surface water using an intercept drain near the rugby posts outside the perimeter fence. Suppose that this will be a priority for next Spring when we can sort the pitch out (again more expense but MG must have his sprinkler system!)

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:29 pm

Looking at the aerial pics and the position of the pipe, it looks like there's plenty of room to get enough development in there for a (basic) category A ground.

Long term, if we are wanting to really progress the ground, it looks like there'd need to be some major development on the clubhouse side. Whether it's necessary (possibly long term), affordable (debatable), or agreeable to the rugby club (no idea) are the questions.

A Feethams style main stand where the clubhouse is, alongside filling in the remaining non-pipe affected areas with terracing/seats would make for a very smart, appropriately sized, and quirky ground. Perhaps just a pipe dream (pun unintended) though

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:36 pm

Thanks feethams, makes it all clear now.

Darlo1235

Post by Darlo1235 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:14 am

A question about the turnstiles how many do we have to have it's it 6? As the people who are delivering them said ours will be 2 turnstiles what does that mean?

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:01 am

Yes 6. I'd imagine there are 2 housings containing 3 turnstiles each

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:17 am

Think ours will only have 2 turnstiles each block.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:03 pm

Four home, two away I think I read once?
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:32 pm

mikkyx wrote:Four home, two away I think I read once?
Pretty sure that's right Mikky, 4 at tin shed end and 2 at open end.

Grade B guidelines

1.14 Entrances

There must be at least 6 spectator entrances to control the ingress of spectators.

These must be controlled by fully operational turnstiles of the revolving type and must be suitably housed and lit.

Adequate protection and security for the turnstile operator must be incorporated.

These entrances should be placed in appropriate positions around the boundary of the ground and take into account the requirements of segregation.

Electronic turnstiles with bar code readers are also acceptable but an emergency procedure must be in place in the event of a power failure.

Adequate protection and security must be incorporated for the turnstile operator or, where tickets are sold from a box office, the cashier.

It must be possible to gain access to the spectator viewing areas from the turnstiles via a bound surface to a minimum width of 0.9 metre.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:39 pm

In regards to moving to Grade A it's as follows

1.14 Entrances

There must be at least 8 spectator entrances to control the ingress of spectators. These must be controlled by fully operational turnstiles of the revolving type and must be suitably housed and lit.

Adequate protection and security for the turnstile operator must be incorporated. These entrances should be placed in appropriate positions around the boundary of the ground and take into account the requirements of segregation.

Electronic turnstiles with bar code readers are also acceptable but an emergency procedure must be in place in the event of a power failure.

Adequate protection and security must be incorporated for the turnstile operator or, where tickets are sold from a box office, the cashier.

It must be possible to gain access to the spectator viewing areas from the turnstiles via a bound surface minimum width of 0.9 metre.

jonn

Post by jonn » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:06 pm

This is probably a stupid question, but... if long term we really need to sort the pipe problem, is it quite impossible to divert the damn thing round the pitch - I know it would probably be massively costly, but is there any technical reason why it can't be done?

gabbas

Post by gabbas » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:34 pm

jonn wrote:This is probably a stupid question, but... if long term we really need to sort the pipe problem, is it quite impossible to divert the damn thing round the pitch - I know it would probably be massively costly, but is there any technical reason why it can't be done?
I believe the cost to move/divert the pipe is close to £1million. I suppose it's all relevant to the level we are at, never say never but my personal opinion is until we reach div 1/2 this will never be an option.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:47 am

gabbas wrote:
jonn wrote:This is probably a stupid question, but... if long term we really need to sort the pipe problem, is it quite impossible to divert the damn thing round the pitch - I know it would probably be massively costly, but is there any technical reason why it can't be done?
I believe the cost to move/divert the pipe is close to £1million. I suppose it's all relevant to the level we are at, never say never but my personal opinion is until we reach div 1/2 this will never be an option.
Also factor in the disruption to water supplies to homes and industry. You only have to look at the time and disruption caused when they had to close the A67 road near High Coniscliffe when the landslide exposed a pipe. Took them ages to sort that one out.

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:50 am

And can it DEFINITELY not be built over?

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:38 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:And can it DEFINITELY not be built over?
I'm pretty sure that it can be built over with temporary buildings, i.e. anything that can be moved at short notice to allow access. Obviously temporary stands don't count towards a ground's capacity.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:57 pm

Even if we had the money we only have a short lease at B.M. ( 25 years ?)
It would be a suicidal waste of money without a long lease.