Blackwell capacity

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

bigdavethemaddog

Blackwell capacity

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:48 pm

I was curious as to what will the capacity be at Blackwell Meadows?

Also what is the availability likely to be for match and season tickets going forward?

Finally when is the first game likely to be played at Blackwell Meadows as ive been browsing this forum and seen 3 or 4 'target' games.

quakerste
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Blackwell capacity

Post by quakerste » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:58 pm

The answers to your questions;

All ticket.
Salford 3rd December

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:01 pm

quakerste wrote:The answers to your questions;

All ticket.
Salford 3rd December
cheers, is Salford definite or just the target? Do you think there will be many season tickets available next summer?

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:06 pm

bigdavethemaddog wrote:

All ticket.
Salford 3rd December
cheers, is Salford definite or just the target? Do you think there will be many season tickets available next summer?
Target for now, depends on the licence been granted by the league/FA

Season tickets will of course be available, they don't sell out. The club may have plans to offer flexi tickets or half season tickets come December as I imagine they could be popular
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:44 pm

quakersam wrote:
bigdavethemaddog wrote:

All ticket.
Salford 3rd December
Target for now, depends on the licence been granted by the league/FA

Season tickets will of course be available, they don't sell out. The club may have plans to offer flexi tickets or half season tickets come December as I imagine they could be popular
The "over 3,000" capacity stated by DFC may possibly be reduced for early games, for council "safety" foibles or testing of the stewarding, transport and parking set-ups.

Seating will either be sold out, or extremely limited, until another 300 seats and their cover are added (subject to club gaining promotion).

This season the facilities for fans wont be much different from Heritage Park, with less wind to contend with.

The tin shed should be able to shelter the majority of home fans, when the weather is at its very worst.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:59 pm

I've thought that as well Neil, that BM will be 3,000, yet the ground layout won't be much different from HP. The tin shed at BM holds 900 and the new seated stand 300, not far off the same as HP, so what makes the extra 1,000? Is it simply concrete standing instead of grass areas, which don't count towards capacity?

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:00 pm

The seated stand has a capacity of 297, I believe this already sold out to existing season ticket and holders and 500 club members.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:07 pm

Obviously the Tin Shed end is going to hold more than the equivalent at Bishop. Ours will hold 900, theirs holds I think about 470ish + however many each side so at a guess maybe 650-700 at that end?

I reckon we're about 300 up on Bishop so a capacity of 2,300ish if the capacity was calculated the same.

But let's face it, if you decided the capacity at Bishop was 3,000, you'd get them in easily. It'd be full, but everyone would fit in.

I think how our capacity will be 3,000 despite not having 1,000 extra obvious spaces compared to Bishop, will be down to how the capacity is calculated.

I think that due to H&S that the lower the amount of turnstiles and exits, the lower the amount of people are allowed per m2.

If you have more turnstiles and exits (which you need for cat B anyway), then more people can be calculated per m2, hence how we should achieve 3,000.

If you look at how FCUM are allowed 600 at one end where it's just hard standing, you can see how we'd arrive at 3,000.

Just basing this on stuff that I think I've read here and there, not claiming any of this to be hard facts.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:03 pm

On the subject of new grounds,I see Sal£ord are putting a planning application forward to revamp Moor Lane with covered stands on all four sides.But I guess that you can afford stuff like that when your owners s*** money.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:48 pm

Emdubya wrote:On the subject of new grounds,I see Sal£ord are putting a planning application forward to revamp Moor Lane with covered stands on all four sides.But I guess that you can afford stuff like that when your owners s*** money.
So the whole ground will be knocked down and they'll rebuild on all four sides? To be fair they're home crowds have increased significantly this season and aren't far behind us.

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Post by Quakers1883 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:58 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Emdubya wrote:On the subject of new grounds,I see Sal£ord are putting a planning application forward to revamp Moor Lane with covered stands on all four sides.But I guess that you can afford stuff like that when your owners s*** money.
So the whole ground will be knocked down and they'll rebuild on all four sides? To be fair they're home crowds have increased significantly this season and aren't far behind us.

Their season tickets only cost £86, no wonder their crowds are increasing.
FORZA DARLO

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:00 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
There plans for their new ground look excellent, the only problem they might have is parking, there new stands will take what little room there is at the site and just leave enough space for officials and the away team bus, with a 5000 capacity where would people park? As a thought Would Darlington Council give the go ahead if there was nowhere to park at BM?
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Darlo1235

Post by Darlo1235 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:16 pm

What is going to happen to the massive space behind the tinshed?

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:19 pm

You're right on some of those counts Quakerz. I've done a bit of research and this weighty tome gives the answers. P.27 contains the key info

http://www.safetyatsportsgrounds.org.uk ... -guide.pdf

Interesting that crowd behaviour comes into it. So if some of the scrotes want to kick off then it could reduce our capacity.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:56 pm

poppyfield wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
There plans for their new ground look excellent, the only problem they might have is parking, there new stands will take what little room there is at the site and just leave enough space for officials and the away team bus, with a 5000 capacity where would people park? As a thought Would Darlington Council give the go ahead if there was nowhere to park at BM?
The question of increasing the parking at BM (if required) was raised at the DFC-DRFC Forum last season and we were old that the parking could be extended and extended to suit demands. As the council provide the parking I suggest all who may want to drive to games request a parking space.

Many fickle supporters in the area wouldn't contemplate using public transport and would stay away, so the more on-site car parking the better.

I'll be working or taking a shuttle bus from town centre pubbing.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:14 pm

Has anything been said about a shuttle bus from the town centre?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:18 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Has anything been said about a shuttle bus from the town centre?
There are 4 or 5 service buses per hour.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:10 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Has anything been said about a shuttle bus from the town centre?
DFC SG mentioned this in their prog notes on Saturday. No plans because plenty of regular services from town centre.

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:31 pm

Darlo1235 wrote:What is going to happen to the massive space behind the tinshed?
I thought they'd set the tin shed frame further back... Thought they'd need the space to add to its capacity if we go up... But with it already up that wouldn't be possible...

Sorry if it's been mentioned but what are the plans to upgrade if we go up this season and longer-term... Is there literally no chance of building behind the other goal (water pipe end)? Or could we put up the sort of stand that Bristol Rovers have behind their goal that wouldn't involve digging out foundations? Could the seated stand be widened? And what about the clubhouse side?

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:56 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
Darlo1235 wrote:What is going to happen to the massive space behind the tinshed?
I thought they'd set the tin shed frame further back... Thought they'd need the space to add to its capacity if we go up... But with it already up that wouldn't be possible...

Sorry if it's been mentioned but what are the plans to upgrade if we go up this season and longer-term... Is there literally no chance of building behind the other goal (water pipe end)? Or could we put up the sort of stand that Bristol Rovers have behind their goal that wouldn't involve digging out foundations? Could the seated stand be widened? And what about the clubhouse side?
Correct, the tinshed would require a full knock down and rebuild.

From what we were told at the fans forum there are contingencies/plans in place for upgrades for Step 1 & Cat A ground. Don't forget we would have till 31st March 2018 to satisfy any requirements should we be promoted.

The major differences between Cat B & Cat A are as follows

Capacity : B requires 3000 with the potential to have 4000
A requires 4000 with the potential to have 5000

Floodlights : Cat B (180 lux), Cat A (250 lux)

Entrances: Cat B (6), Cat A (8)

Seats: Cat B - 500 under cover accommodation of which 250 seats
Cat A - 500 under cover accommodation including 500 seats

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:19 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:

Yeah when you look at the tin shed it should be further back and a deeper tin shed, however we only have so much money so we get what we can afford.

I am always looking towards next steps rather than what we will have in December (which will be quite basic), it's what we look to complete next and how we raise the money - very interesting.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:30 pm

The challenge is going to be the 4000 capacity with potential to get to 5000. I assume it will be more seats on the far side and some sort of terracing at t'other end. Anyone for an FA Cup run next year :mrgreen: :wave:

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:32 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:

Yeah when you look at the tin shed it should be further back and a deeper tin shed, however we only have so much money so we get what we can afford.

I am always looking towards next steps rather than what we will have in December (which will be quite basic), it's what we look to complete next and how we raise the money - very interesting.
Yeah I agree about the money but by building it further back wouldn't that have allowed us to add to it in future? And given we would have to add 1,000 (250 seats) surely adding more steps to the shed would be a cheap way of doing it?

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:33 pm

quakersam wrote:The challenge is going to be the 4000 capacity with potential to get to 5000. I assume it will be more seats on the far side and some sort of terracing at t'other end. Anyone for an FA Cup run next year :mrgreen: :wave:
Can we put any terraces at the other end with the water pipe?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:37 pm

quakersam wrote:The challenge is going to be the 4000 capacity with potential to get to 5000. I assume it will be more seats on the far side and some sort of terracing at t'other end. Anyone for an FA Cup run next year :mrgreen: :wave:
Haha, the one thing we better not count on, think we are planning on saving the entry money next year :lol:

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:42 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:Yeah I agree about the money but by building it further back wouldn't that have allowed us to add to it in future? And given we would have to add 1,000 (250 seats) surely adding more steps to the shed would be a cheap way of doing it?
Think the plan is building elsewhere in the ground, rather than extending the tin shed. Sure once the Board have got us into BM they will share the next step plans, money will be needed no doubt.

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:05 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:Yeah I agree about the money but by building it further back wouldn't that have allowed us to add to it in future? And given we would have to add 1,000 (250 seats) surely adding more steps to the shed would be a cheap way of doing it?
Think the plan is building elsewhere in the ground, rather than extending the tin shed. Sure once the Board have got us into BM they will share the next step plans, money will be needed no doubt.
are any fundraising plans in place towards and potential further developments etc?

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:15 pm

The plan is to add terracing behind the goal and further banks of seating

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:48 pm

quakerste wrote:The plan is to add terracing behind the goal and further banks of seating
And can we do that with the pipe?

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:59 pm

The pipe is the other end is it not i.e. to the left hand side of the tin shed?