Nearly Top - premature excitement again

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Neil Johnson
Team Supported: Darlington

Nearly Top - premature excitement again

Post by Neil Johnson » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:20 pm

I know a few are to "cool" to think league position means anything, until the fat lady sings, but for the majority, Darlo are just one point from top and only one goal behind Fylde on goal difference.

Beck seems to be being utilised better now, as Darlo are making far better use of width, ball control and pace.

The midfield have moved a few notches up in quality play within this season.

It's come as a very pleasant surprise to see Darlo in such a high position, yet again, so great work by all players, management and volunteers at our club.

Top spot over the Christmas & New Year holiday season would be fantastic, creating even more goodwill for the thousands that support Darlo.

But Telford next; another in-form outfit...........

quakerste

Re: Nearly Top - premature excitement again

Post by quakerste » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:39 pm

Tamworth next week Neil not Telford.

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:21 am

Fylde the week after isn't it? That game will surely be one where the winners will feel the league is theirs to lose.
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:26 am

MikeinBlack2 wrote:Fylde the week after isn't it? That game will surely be one where the winners will feel the league is theirs to lose.
Could lose both games. Let's not get carried away and just enjoy it at the moment.

No pressure on us to get promotion and in all honesty it would cause a lot of headaches. Happy to leave Gray to push for promotion whilst as a fan I just sit back watch, enjoy and give the team no pressure.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:26 am

Agree in one way no pressure to get promoted and might cause problems if we do but as long as we are up there why not enjoy it as at the moment the team are.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:47 am

Re promotion, I think we should give it our all, i.e. business as usual.

The team and management are set up for it, and the club has a good feel about it from top to bottom, so let's get back to The Conference ASAP - getting back into the football league will be extremely difficult though, and is an entirely different proposition.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:33 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
MikeinBlack2 wrote:Fylde the week after isn't it? That game will surely be one where the winners will feel the league is theirs to lose.
Could lose both games. Let's not get carried away and just enjoy it at the moment.

No pressure on us to get promotion and in all honesty it would cause a lot of headaches. Happy to leave Gray to push for promotion whilst as a fan I just sit back watch, enjoy and give the team no pressure.
Life Quakerz has said on other threads, our priority needs to be looking at increasing our capacity again next year. I'm getting fed up with people saying that we want to avoid getting promoted this season.