Two out one in?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

D_F_C
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Two out one in?

Post by D_F_C » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:32 pm

Spyman wrote:
D_F_C wrote:I can't see the need for five centre mids. I would expect either Scott or Adam to leave
I'd think both will be on their way. Turnbull, Syers, Falkingham and Portas should provide plenty of options between them.
You're right...six not five

The only thing with those four is are they physical enough

Beano

Post by Beano » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:35 pm

Syers is more likely to play as a forward or winger in our current system, as opposed to a central midfielder. Scott, certainly, has a role to play as back up.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:42 pm

Scott is a good backup. Can fill a couple of spots. But if Scott stays I can see Watson leaving, especially if we decide to keep hold of Davie. Can't see Adam Koski staying either though, we already have Hunter and Portas ahead of him for cover.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:27 pm

D_F_C wrote:
Spyman wrote:
D_F_C wrote:I can't see the need for five centre mids. I would expect either Scott or Adam to leave
I'd think both will be on their way. Turnbull, Syers, Falkingham and Portas should provide plenty of options between them.
You're right...six not five

The only thing with those four is are they physical enough
They seem to have been physical enough so far! Since Falkingham came in and Turnbull came back from injury our form has been outstanding.

I might be alone in this, and to be honest it's not based on seeing much of either, but I'd keep Nowakowski over Scott because of his size - gives us something a bit different if we need it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Curry_LG
Team Supported: Spennymoor & Notts County

Post by Curry_LG » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:34 pm

Looks like Adam Mitchell has joined us today than for an undisclosed fee...

*Cue Darlington 1883 Reserves comments*

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:04 pm

He's a good player and will do a good job for you.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:07 pm

Curry_LG wrote:Looks like Adam Mitchell has joined us today than for an undisclosed fee...

Don't be daft.

Spennymoor are Darlington Rejects, not Reserves.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:17 pm

Curry_LG wrote:Looks like Adam Mitchell has joined us today than for an undisclosed fee...

Are you surprised?

Since 2012 Spennymoor have signed Marc Ellison, Nathan Fisher, Andrew Johnson, Curtis Edwards, Graeme Armstrong, David Dowson, Jordan Robinson, Joe Tait, Ian Watson, Matty Pennal, Alan White and now Adam Mitchell. All directly from us!

Then there were former players of ours since 2012 that went on to play for Spennymoor; Mark Bell, Craig Gott & Ian Ward.

Beano

Post by Beano » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:47 pm

The Evo Stik Premier Division seems to be a North Eastern fight for the title, with Spennymoor/Darlington Reserves and Whitby joining Blyth.

I hope it encourages a few from the insular league to make the move up.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:51 pm

Beano wrote:The Evo Stik Premier Division seems to be a North Eastern fight for the title, with Spennymoor/Darlington Reserves and Whitby joining Blyth.

I hope it encourages a few from the insular league to make the move up.
Doubt it.

There's only Bishop Auckland and possibly South Shields who've expressed any interest in going up (and from what I understand, there are doubts about promotion from some at South Shields).

Too much money and not enough ambition from clubs in the "Home By Tea Time" Northern League.

I believe the Northern League should be removed from the pyramid system if sides don't regularly start going up.

Anyway, I'm digressing from the main point of the thread.

Curry_LG
Team Supported: Spennymoor & Notts County

Post by Curry_LG » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:39 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:

Are you surprised?

Since 2012 Spennymoor have signed Marc Ellison, Nathan Fisher, Andrew Johnson, Curtis Edwards, Graeme Armstrong, David Dowson, Jordan Robinson, Joe Tait, Ian Watson, Matty Pennal, Alan White and now Adam Mitchell. All directly from us!

Then there were former players of ours since 2012 that went on to play for Spennymoor; Mark Bell, Craig Gott & Ian Ward.
Not really but where else would you expect them to play?

Other than maybes Blyth or Whitby, there's nowhere local where lads like Mitchell, Armstrong, Dowson or Tait could play. In fact, it's the only Step 3 club in County Durham now and those four mentioned alone can play at a much better standard than the 'Home for tea' Northern League.

Going to Spennymoor is the best option for a lot of your 'rejects' as some of you have nicely put it, because it allows them to keep playing at a good standard of football for a good, ambitious club without having to drop to the Home for Tea league

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:56 pm

Curry_LG wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:

Are you surprised?

Other than maybes Blyth or Whitby, there's nowhere local where lads like Mitchell, Armstrong, Dowson or Tait could play. In fact, it's the only Step 3 club in County Durham now and those four mentioned alone can play at a much better standard than the 'Home for tea' Northern League.

Going to Spennymoor is the best option for a lot of your 'rejects' as some of you have nicely put it, because it allows them to keep playing at a good standard of football for a good, ambitious club without having to drop to the Home for Tea league
He goes fishing himself, yet he nibbles at the first opportunity :lol:

Of course it's understandable for players to sign for Spennymoor Town - doesn't mean there won't be some comments about the sheer volume of it.

Also, the irony of a Spennymoor fan making comments about the northern league being a "home for tea" league :lol:

Anyway, best of luck to Mitchell - he's played a very important role in 2 promotions.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:42 am

Curry_LG wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:

Are you surprised?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

As a Spendymore fan, you're in no position to complain about the Home For Tea League, given you refused promotion year after year.

Only after you got your day at Wembley with the rest of Mike Amos' Northern League backslappers' committee, did Spendymore decide they'd dare to show a modicum of ambition.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:55 am

It is good that Spennymoor have continually given football to players who have gone as far as they have with us, but are still too good to drop more than one level.

What it does tell us is that Martin Gray and his connections/scouting/whatever it may be are miles ahead of Spenny's equivalent. Spenny started the summer of 2012 with a fully put together team. Gray started with nothing. Ever since, we've continually been a step ahead in terms of recruiting the best players and then Spenny don't have to bother searching for players, they just take the ones that have proven themselves with us.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:04 am

All the best for the future to both Mitch and Amar, thanks for previous efforts & achievement of promotions. Hope they get the chance to continue to enjoy their football and more success.

BaronsCourtQuaker

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:54 am

Very best of luck to Mitch. I think over the previous 2 season we have always been a better side with him in it than out. Great work rate with some quality thrown in.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:23 pm

Spyman wrote:It is good that Spennymoor have continually given football to players who have gone as far as they have with us, but are still too good to drop more than one level.

What it does tell us is that Martin Gray and his connections/scouting/whatever it may be are miles ahead of Spenny's equivalent. Spenny started the summer of 2012 with a fully put together team. Gray started with nothing. Ever since, we've continually been a step ahead in terms of recruiting the best players and then Spenny don't have to bother searching for players, they just take the ones that have proven themselves with us.
I think it kind of proves the point when you see what happens when Ainsley signs players from further afield, they never seem to be able to make the grade and are sharp moved on. Hence him turning to ex Darlo players as a result.

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:13 pm

Curry_LG wrote: Going to Spennymoor is the best option for a lot of your 'rejects' as some of you have nicely put it, because it allows them to keep playing at a good standard of football for a good, ambitious club without having to drop to the Home for Tea league
But they are our rejects. They offered their services are we're deemed not to be up to the standard we're looking for. We rejected them. Whether they were good servants to the club or not that fact doesn't change.

Bit odd of you to mock the Twelve Toes and a Pitchfork League and talk of ambition given how many times you turned down promotion.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:37 pm

Scott and Nowakowski may be required for the worst pitches in more physical encounters.

The BM pitch for 2016/17 may not be suitable for the Darlo's current flowing and passing play through midfield.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:15 pm

Really sorry to see Mitchell leave us and go to Spennymoor, especially when he had a trial at Gillingham less than a year ago.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:05 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Really sorry to see Mitchell leave us and go to Spennymoor, especially when he had a trial at Gillingham less than a year ago.
Yeh but I don't think he actually ended up trialled. I am sure I heard they got his date of birth wrong and when they realised he was too old.

I also like to think we have better criteria for keeping/having players than whether they had failed trials at league clubs in the last 12months.