Two out one in?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quakerste
Team Supported: Darlington

Two out one in?

Post by quakerste » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:42 pm

Mitchell signing for Spennymoor, Amar signed for Shildon. Possible striker coming in.

Spyman

Re: Two out one in?

Post by Spyman » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:06 pm

Spennymoor taking one of our cast offs?

Never!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Curry_LG
Team Supported: Spennymoor & Notts County

Post by Curry_LG » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:52 pm

quakerste wrote:Mitchell signing for Spennymoor
Where've ya heard this??

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:56 pm

Curry_LG wrote:
quakerste wrote:Mitchell signing for Spennymoor
Where've ya heard this??
Rumour going around, don't be surprised when you find some truth in it.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:59 pm

Believe he signed for a fee.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:03 pm

He would only be the 12th player to sign directly from us to Spennymoor.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:52 pm

Heard that the Mitchell deal may be delayed a few days. Just waiting on the transfer fee for Purewall from Shildon and that will be another Northern League link gone. All the best to both players, both played a key role for us over the last few years.
Last edited by loan_star on Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:16 pm

loan_star wrote:Heard that the Mitchell deal may be delayed a few days. Just waiting on the transfer fee for Purewall from Shildon and that will be another Northern League link gone. All the best to both players, both played a key role for us over the last few years.
Seconded, they have been good servants to the club and deserve success and regular 1st team slot. Just a pity we can't afford to keep them and they should do well for their new clubs. With all the competition in our squad which appears to be gaining strength :clap: , they could not be guaranteed this at Darlington. Thanks again & all the best.

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:52 am

jjljks wrote:
loan_star wrote:Heard that the Mitchell deal may be delayed a few days. Just waiting on the transfer fee for Purewall from Shildon and that will be another Northern League link gone. All the best to both players, both played a key role for us over the last few years.
Seconded, they have been good servants to the club and deserve success and regular 1st team slot. Just a pity we can't afford to keep them and they should do well for their new clubs. With all the competition in our squad which appears to be gaining strength :clap: , they could not be guaranteed this at Darlington. Thanks again & all the best.
Thirded... Those who served us so well in the Northern League have given us so many great memories and have played a massive part in the history of the club...

The Golden Hairclip

Post by The Golden Hairclip » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:56 am

Any thoughts on the "one in"? Dan McGuire? Mikey Roberts? My money would be on an out-of-favour Spenny player - hence the delay with the Mitchell transfer. Maybe Glen Taylor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:13 am

Taylor isn't out of favour though. Craddock is, Fisher is. Would want neither.
I like Fenwick at York, but with Hardy on the bench I'm not that arsed right now.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:19 am

If we were to bother with another striker, which seems unlikely, it would be back up for Beck.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:24 am

The Golden Hairclip wrote:Any thoughts on the "one in"? Dan McGuire? Mikey Roberts? My money would be on an out-of-favour Spenny player - hence the delay with the Mitchell transfer. Maybe Glen Taylor?

I doubt we'd be interested in an out of favour Spenny player. They are in a lower league, so he's hardly going to get a game for us.

The only Spenny player I would have taken gladly would be Chandler but let's face it, we now have better players than him in that department.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:34 am

Ingleby wrote:Taylor isn't out of favour though. Craddock is, Fisher is. Would want neither.
I like Fenwick at York, but with Hardy on the bench I'm not that arsed right now.
Fenwick is almost certainly heading out of York, new manager doesn't rate him (playing wingers up front over him) and he's done little of note since arriving in the summer. Whether that'd be to Darlo or not I don't know.

Very much doubt they'd want a fee either, just glad to get him off the wage bill.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:42 am

Could turn out to be a good signing if we get him!

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

The Golden Hairclip

Post by The Golden Hairclip » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:04 pm

Isn't Fenwick a full-time pro? Suppose it could work for him if he's prepared to get a day job.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:27 pm

Purewal now confirmed to have signed for Shildon for a "small fee".

Another exit expected, the deal has been delayed but still expected to go through. Presumably this is Mitchell to Spennymoor as mentioned above.

Nowakowski is supposed to be back before the next game and Davie's loan expires just after Tamworth, so it'll be interesting to see what happens with those 2.

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:31 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:Purewal now confirmed to have signed for Shildon for a "small fee".

Another exit expected, the deal has been delayed but still expected to go through. Presumably this is Mitchell to Spennymoor as mentioned above.

Nowakowski is supposed to be back before the next game and Davie's loan expires just after Tamworth, so it'll be interesting to see what happens with those 2.
I can't really see up keeping Davie once Nowakowski is back really.
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:48 pm

Danny Rowe
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:25 pm

The Golden Hairclip wrote:Any thoughts on the "one in"? Dan McGuire? Mikey Roberts? My money would be on an out-of-favour Spenny player - hence the delay with the Mitchell transfer. Maybe Glen Taylor?

I don't think that any of Spennymoor's forwards would strengthen us at present.

As someone mentioned above, Fenwick isn't getting much game time at York. Both Dan Maguire and Mikey Roberts in the league below are also very good players.

Jarman was absolute class against us for Gainsborough. Scunthorpe based but about 30 now.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:02 pm

MikeinBlack2 wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:Purewal now confirmed to have signed for Shildon for a "small fee".

We would be looking light out wide should Mitchell leave as expected and still with Wearmouth out injured (although it looks like he's making great progress).

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:16 pm

The Golden Hairclip wrote:Isn't Fenwick a full-time pro? Suppose it could work for him if he's prepared to get a day job.
He's full time, yeah. Gary Mills has been heavily implying that next week will be the start of what might be a sizable cull at York, with new players (particularly forwards) on the way in.

Whether Fenwick would leave to go part time, or if MG wants/can afford him remains to be seen. Been largely anonymous for York but so have the rest of their squad barring a couple of players, could certainly do a job.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:37 pm

MikeinBlack2 wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:Nowakowski is supposed to be back before the next game and Davie's loan expires just after Tamworth, so it'll be interesting to see what happens with those 2.
We could afford to lose Nowakowski now we have both Syers and Faulkingham, but Davie is the only cover we have for the left side.

However, in an ideal world, we'd keep both.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:18 pm

Mitchell has just turned 23.

If he actually goes we will need a back-up winger in case Gillies or Thompson is injured. Portas may be an option, if he's recovered from the smack to his ankle

I suppose Scott and Nowakowski will be retained for the eventual physical stuff when we will be playing on bad pitches.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:47 pm

Did we let that long haired winger go back to Farsley permanently?

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:21 pm

Spyman wrote:Did we let that long haired winger go back to Farsley permanently?

Yes.Nightingale has flown :mrgreen: Sorry.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:22 pm

Spyman wrote:Did we let that long haired winger go back to Farsley permanently?

Yes

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:25 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:Mitchell has just turned 23.

If he actually goes we will need a back-up winger in case Gillies or Thompson is injured. Portas may be an option, if he's recovered from the smack to his ankle

I suppose Scott and Nowakowski will be retained for the eventual physical stuff when we will be playing on bad pitches.
Do pitches really get that bad nowadays that you keep players specifically for that purpose? I don't think so.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:53 am

I can't see the need for five centre mids. I would expect either Scott or Adam to leave

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:08 am

D_F_C wrote:I can't see the need for five centre mids. I would expect either Scott or Adam to leave
I'd think both will be on their way. Turnbull, Syers, Falkingham and Portas should provide plenty of options between them.

DC