What's the odds on it being Salford?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

TangerineDream
Team Supported: Salford City

What's the odds on it being Salford?

Post by TangerineDream » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:20 am

Greetings from Salford! I've obviously been following the ongoing developments at Blackwell Meadows with interest and with our scheduled visit to yourselves now just a mere four weeks away I'm curious as to what the odds are on us being your first opponents at your new home. Having been to your temporary base at Bishop Auckland for our last three visits I'm really hoping that we get to see your new ground in the event of you achieving a possible third successive promotion.

If we were to be your first ever opponents at BM I'd also be very curious as to how many tickets would be allocated to our support. I'm assuming that a previous suggestion by another poster on another thread of 50 tickets to be very much tongue in cheek! Obviously the game will be an all ticket affair and with our season ticket holders getting priority it would be useful to know sooner than later so that any non holding season ticket holders could be made aware of the situation before booking to travel on any supporters coach/coaches.

Yours in football ................. :wave:

Beano
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: What's the odds on it being Salford?

Post by Beano » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:32 am

I'd imagine you'll get the absolute minimum possible allocation as we are likely to sell out in the initial buzz of returning home.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:37 am

TangerineDream wrote: I'm assuming that a previous suggestion by another poster on another thread of 50 tickets to be very much tongue in cheek!
Why would my comment be tongue in cheek?

You need to be realistic, you don't take many away, we need every single ticket.

Just out of interest, how many do you think we should give you?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

TangerineDream

Post by TangerineDream » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:10 am

Quakerz wrote:
TangerineDream wrote: I'm assuming that a previous suggestion by another poster on another thread of 50 tickets to be very much tongue in cheek!
Why would my comment be tongue in cheek?

You need to be realistic, you don't take many away, we need every single ticket.

Just out of interest, how many do you think we should give you?

As regards 50 tickets there were nearly double that present in the Salford 'end' at our last meeting on a Tuesday night towards the back end of last season - despite a photo being posted to suggest that there were many less with those in camera shot being the ones who elected to stand directly behind the goal as opposed to the sides / away from the seated stand etc.

Alright we don't take anywhere near the amount you do to away games but the ones who do travel are just as passionate about our team as your fans are about yours. If you need every single ticket then isn't that likely to cause problems when you then decide to give absolute minimal amounts to far bigger supported teams than Salford City?

I think based on an attendance of 3000 it would not be unreasonable to offer us perhaps an absolute maximum of 250 on a sale or return basis and even if in the probably unlikely event that we sold out completely it would still leave more than sufficient based on your average crowds to date - albeit some miles away at Bishop Auckland.

I understand the interest and demand that the opening of your new ground would generate but to penalise visiting supporters would hardly be fair in the circumstances and I'll wager that I've probably seen Darlo more times over the last three seasons than some of those who would be in attendance at the BM ground in the event of us being your first opponents there! ;)

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:28 am

We were stung by Bamber Bridge who asked for 300 and brought nowhere near that and there was no opportunity to re-sell.

I'd expect maybe 100-150 would be realistic but to be honest is it will be a discussion between the clubs themselves. Salford will be asked how many they want it I don't know whether we could ask for payment upfront to keep it realistic!?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:44 am

Sorry Tangerine but if we give you 250 then Darlo fans will miss out. Obviously some Darlo fans will miss out anyway, but missing out when there are unsold tickets will be hard to take.

I do not remember you bringing 100 last time, and even if you did, that's way way short of 250.

We could give you 100 tickets and you can have a moan about some Salford fans missing out *IF* you sell them all - but for us that's an infinitely better solution than having Darlo fans missing out.

No offence meant, it is what it is, and we should care only about Darlington FC and it's fans on this occasion.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:50 am

The main question is, will the game be segregated? Given previous trouble at Salford games & that it was last season points that way.

If so then I would have thought that will determine how many tickets available to Salford given logistics, etc. They might have to have one whole end & that would significantly reduce number of tickets for Darlo fans I would have thought.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:58 am

Wonder how many you give us for our game at yours. Took the piss last year.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:05 am

Ingleby wrote:Wonder how many you give us for our game at yours. Took the piss last year.
Didn't they give us 400 when their grounds capacity was 1,400 at the time? Lets not use the ratio of tickets they gave us as a marker otherwise we'll be giving them 850.

Beano

Post by Beano » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:07 am

Quakerz wrote:Sorry Tangerine but if we give you 250 then Darlo fans will miss out. Obviously some Darlo fans will miss out anyway, but missing out when there are unsold tickets will be hard to take.

I do not remember you bringing 100 last time, and even if you did, that's way way short of 250.

We could give you 100 tickets and you can have a moan about some Salford fans missing out *IF* you sell them all - but for us that's an infinitely better solution than having Darlo fans missing out.

No offence meant, it is what it is, and we should care only about Darlington FC and it's fans on this occasion.
Agreed.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:07 am

If the game is segregated, then we're fucked aren't we.

We'd probably have to give them 5/600 if they have a whole end. That would only leave c2,500 for us.

That wouldn't be so bad on Boxing Day against Halifax who would possibly come close to filling it.

Having said that, we need to see what the capacity comes out as, i doubt it would be exactly 3,000.

You never know it might end up being 3,300 or something, which would help.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:17 am

Mind you, why would we need to segregate against Salford, especially if they only have 100 or so tickets?

They're hardly known for having a hooligan element, and the Darlo fans will be more interested in the occasion than fighting - our problem is usually a small minority of people that go to occasional "big" away matches.

You can understand why Salford v Darlo was segregated - not so much the other way around.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:19 am

Segregation at BM was done with temporary fences at the Arena it was done with that mesh stuff laid over the seats.

Seems like there could be some flexibility in where we segregate...the standing area in front of the clubhouse up to the tunnel perhaps (not the seating bit) - would give access to facilities and a turnstile for both sets of fans.

Just hope our regular big game idiots don't forget that it is our home ground and go at our own fixtures and fittings.

There should be no need to segregate this game but because of that fat lad who has been caught on camera before and his merry band of fools have a habit of getting tickets to the 'big' games the police/FA may insist.

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:23 am

I may have missed this, but given Heritage park capacity is 2,004 , how exactly will Blackwell Meadows be 1,000 people more ?

I know that HP could hold more fans quite comfortably, but the certificate is only for 2,004 .

Our Tin Shed is larger, but the stand is going to be a similar number of seats, and then you just have the single level standing around the ground.

Thanks
Think before posting

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:30 am

I think it's down to the amount of people allowed per m2 on hard standing and terraces - higher level grounds have more turnstiles and exits and therefore can cope with more people in the ground.

Bishop's ground could easily hold 2,500 - 3,000 as we all know. But you have to get them out quickly in an emergency as well.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:33 am

It was announced at the forum a few weeks ago that 3,000 was the expectation but waiting for council approval.

Remember capacity is not just about physical space. The safe capacity of ground can be determined by the number and size of emergency exits, turnstiles and facilities available.

I am sure Salford managed to add 600 onto their capacity without actually building any additional stands or anything they just added another exit.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:49 am

We were allocated 250 away tickets last year. No idea on capacity but they weren't filling it.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:18 am

Quakerz wrote:Sorry Tangerine but if we give you 250 then Darlo fans will miss out. Obviously some Darlo fans will miss out anyway, but missing out when there are unsold tickets will be hard to take.

250 tickets we were given last season when 1k would have probably travelled, so if we want to give the same back as a percentage if they reckon 100 will travel we can give them 25. Although I reckon our board were probably happy at a reduced Darlo following to try and reduce any issues, so the two clubs may have come together on that number.

Now those suggested numbers are tongue in cheek but can't see any need in giving more than 100, anyhow the 3rd December at BM might not happen if any delays come up, we are very close to the wire on ground being finished, getting certificates and being able to host a game for the 3rd of December.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:29 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:...

Now those suggested numbers are tongue in cheek but can't see any need in giving more than 100, anyhow the 3rd December at BM might not happen if any delays come up, we are very close to the wire on ground being finished, getting certificates and being able to host a game for the 3rd of December.

It will be very tight to get work done AND council to issue safety certificate. Rushing it may lead to council agreeing temporary safety certificate with lower limit pending completion of minor snagging type issues.

In reality that would be not what the club want as they want to have maximum capacity for opening of new ground.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:47 pm

We would be able to segregate the corner for the Salford fans, from the tunnel to some way behind the goal. More temporary loos would need to be installed in the home end, but i would guess 250 away fans would be the max.

I would personally set 100 to start with, and if they sell them allocate them some more. Time is the issue with this though.

We need to be considerate to their needs, and be conscious of the fact we play them on the last day of the season at their place. If (and it's a big if) there is anything riding on it, I have no doubt their board will make our lives very difficult in terms of ticket allocation. This is a good opportunity for both clubs to sit down and agree the allocations for both games now.

The ground is progressing well. Seats should be arriving this week.

Realistically we have just over 3 weeks for the ground to be ready, as we'll need to sell tickets etc. As progressed as we are, i am slightly aprehensive that it will be finished in that time.

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:17 pm

In light of our current form and increased crowds would it be sensible to make our next three home games (Fylde, Salford, Halifax) all ticket regardless of whether at HP or BM?
Don't know what Fylde are like for away following but 2nd V 1st on a weekend without premiership matches we could well have a sell out
Last edited by dfc4me on Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:46 pm

[/quote]As regards 50 tickets there were nearly double that present in the Salford 'end' at our last meeting on a Tuesday night towards the back end of last season ;)[/quote]
Rubbish.

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:56 pm

surely there will be a deadline for the club to satisfy the FA/Conference that the ground can host the fixture and then there is the time to sell tickets and hospitality etc. its going to be very tight

TangerineDream

Post by TangerineDream » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:03 pm

dickdarlington wrote:

I would personally set 100 to start with, and if they sell them allocate them some more. Time is the issue with this though.

That sounds sensible to me and a reasonable starting figure - also taking into account that there are probably a number of our fans who may not even be aware that you will be possibly playing at your new ground for the first time ever!

Wherever we meet though I'll be looking forward to the game with keen anticipation.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:09 pm

Easiest way to achieve segregation - don't give Salford any tickets :lol:

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:56 am

Salford's away support may not be massive, but their fans who follow home and away should be respected. I suppose 200 tickets may be offered by Darlo on a sale or return basis.

A corner of the ground can be segregated, with some temporary barriers and portaloos.

What our opening game at BM is and what the initial capacity will be is subject to Council H&S "opinions", which defy any logic, but we should always cater to real football fans rather than very part time supporters.

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:10 pm

I'm sure you're a sound, legitimate fan who just wants to enjoy an exciting game, but it works both ways. We were given a minimal allocation to our game at your place last season for a game that came nowhere close to selling out. We took it on the chin as at the end of the day, it was your club's right to make that decision. But like I say, it works both ways. Hopefully you'll be set up where the long term supporters get first dibs over the band wagon jumpers.

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:38 pm

If there is a minimum requirement stipulated by the league give them those. If there is no stipulated minimum give them none. This is our day. The chances are I wont get a ticket so some Class of 92 glory boy shouldn't get one either ;-)

Personally I wouldn't make the Salford game the first at our new home. It will only wind them up.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:34 pm

Salford only took 414 to Altrincham on Saturday, a 30-mile trip.

On that basis, and the numbers that they brought before, I would say that 150 would be more than fair, IF we were to open up Blackwell Meadows at home to Salford.

darlogd

Post by darlogd » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:36 pm

What's the chance of 3000 gate ? Give Salford the first 150/200 tickets printed, arrange for duplicates to be printed and and arrange that Salford notify us the numbers of the tickets that they will be returning by Thursday when we will be able to sell them, if there's a demand. Remember Salford is our last game so don't give them an excuse to treat us badly as we will have a big demand for their tickets.