Tamworth

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quakersam
Team Supported: Darlington

Tamworth

Post by quakersam » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:56 pm

Looks like this one will be segregated too.

As with previous visits I expect we'll get the Meadow Lane End which holds around 850
http://www.footballgroundguide.com/imag ... 181792.jpg

Another 3G pitch which was put in this summer.

Will many of our exiles be travelling to this one?

Admission is £12 Adults / £7 o-65 / £6 U18 / £4 U16
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Darlobaz79

Re: Tamworth

Post by Darlobaz79 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:28 pm

I'll be there with my boys aged 7 and 3. Coming up from South Bucks. If anyone along the M40 wants to go, we can collect

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:41 pm

Coming from deepest Lincs with my boy. Hopefully see lots of the Midlands exiles that were at Brackley/Nuneaton.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:08 am

Cant make this one,Telford next for me.3G seems to suit Darlo!

DAFTS

Post by DAFTS » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:47 am

Should be decent support. Plenty of pubs in the town centre nearby judging by last time. DAFTS away guide - http://tinyurl.com/z83525z

HICKER

Post by HICKER » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:40 pm

First game for some years. Come on the Darlo

Ginge01

Post by Ginge01 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:07 pm

Tamworth 0-1 Darlington, Terry Galbraith penalty

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:52 pm

H-T winning 1-0

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:12 pm

bollocks 1-1

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:19 pm

Haway Darlo!!!!

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:28 pm

getting beat 2-1 now

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:39 pm

Balls!!!

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:59 pm

LOST 2-1 and FYLDE win 5-0

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:02 pm

Bad day at the office... We go again next week... Huge atmosphere, frighten the life out of Fylde and send them packing

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:15 pm

Hicker! Where have you been? You've been missing all the fun!

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:07 pm

Sounds like we were deservedly beaten today. That won't happen too many times this season.

Tamworth are flying at the moment.

wizardofos

Post by wizardofos » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:08 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:Bad day at the office... We go again next week... Huge atmosphere, frighten the life out of Fylde and send them packing
Fantastic! 5 Clichés in 22 words. Doubt if this can be beaten, even in Norwegian.

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:30 pm

We were so bad today it was unbelievable. We lacked desire, effort and determination and way too often gave the ball away cheaply. There was also a distinct lack of communication amongst the players.

The players looked like they'd never played together before, both in attack in the first half and defence in the 2nd half.

Their 2nd goal was completely unacceptable and I'm sure the players will be told so in no uncertain terms.

Thompson was especially poor today, he looked like he had something on his mind other than playing football, and should have been subbed earlier.

I've not been his biggest fan but Jameson was one of the few players to come off that pitch with any credit. He was superb today, made some incredible saves to stop the score line becoming embarrassing.

I don't like bringing up the match officials, especially after we've lost, but it would be hard to watch that game and not give them a mention. Before I continue, I don't believe they had an impact on the result, we were 2nd best for the majority of the game, but the performance from the match officials was as bazaar as it was terrible.

Tamworth probably should have scored more but I wouldn't say they were as good as some of the other teams we've played so far. They simply wanted it more today and kept the ball well. Their best player was their left winger who gave Marrs a tough afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:35 pm

Not often that we get outplayed in midfield but that's what happened today. They'D done their homework and denied us any real chances. We had a few scraps but that was it. Also , they'D heavily watered the pitch which made it difficult to play as well. Jameson kept us in it and is getting better and better. The better team won today and I think they'll be in the mix at the end of the season.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:38 pm

Can't have too many arguments today although we might have salvaged a draw late on. Tamworth clearly done their homework and ensured they gave very little away in and around the box from set pieces, their defence was as solid as a rock. Jameson was superb and saved at least 4 goals on the break as we pushed for an equaliser, a couple were really fine saves.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:39 pm

Liddle_4_ever, talk about an overreaction....

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:44 pm

wizardofos wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:Bad day at the office... We go again next week... Huge atmosphere, frighten the life out of Fylde and send them packing
Fantastic! 5 Clichés in 22 words. Doubt if this can be beaten, even in Norwegian.
Oh I'm sorry, I'll try again...

Shite, useless bar stewards, we're clearly not good enough to go up, Gillies is crap, our strikers couldn't hit a barn door, defence is shaky, can't hold a lead, Gray out, sack the board, bring back Reynolds, let's go back to the arena!!

Edit: I'll now go have a lie down for misreading your post
Last edited by SwansQuaker83 on Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:20 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
wizardofos wrote:

Shite, useless bar stewards, we're clearly not good enough to go up, Gillies is crap, our strikers couldn't hit a barn door, defence is shaky, can't hold a lead, Gray out, sack the board, bring back Reynolds, let's go back to the arena!!

That any better???

I wasn't there, what do you want me to say?? Go have a lie down mun!!
SwansQ - I believe wizrdofos was being complimentary. I agree too - at the end of the day....superb cliche usage.

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:31 pm

Comfortably_numb wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
wizardofos wrote:

I'll go have a lie down as I misread your post!
SwansQ - I believe wizrdofos was being complimentary. I agree too - at the end of the day....superb cliche usage.
Oh sorry Wizardofos, I genuinely mis-read that as sarcasm... My apologies :thumbup:

I've edited my post on reflection :lol:

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:44 pm

Same as Nuneaton: Score early, go deep and narrow, try to hang on and fail. Poor.
wizardofos wrote:

the lad gone well there Gary!.

Darlobaz79

Post by Darlobaz79 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:08 pm

Just back from the game and quite clearly a well-below par performance but at this stage we can treat it as a one-off. Tamworth were a good solid team and the winning goal was a great hit but how we let him have a free shot was disappointing. Also, their first goal appeared to be a foul on Jameson. That said, we were poor from minute 3 onwards. It could perhaps should have been a wider margin of victory for the Lambs. We didn't seem to know what to do when we had the ball nor were we quick enough in closing the opposition down. Perhaps after going one up, we thought we had it won and complacency set in? I have to say again, that I don't understand the high rating of Marrs. I have seen him in several away games and a couple of home games and his distribution is poor and he is often caught out of position. Maybe, I have just seen his worst 8 games?! Thommo didn't help him one bit today so perhaps that's unfair.

Jameson 9* but for one poor kick at the end of the game he was exceptional
Marrs 5 Offered nothing going forwards and their left winger had the beating of him all afternoon
Galbraith 5 Should have cleared the second goal and was ineffectual at the top end of the field
Brown 5 He too had an opportunity to clear the second goal and was caught out too many times though left exposed by both full backs
Burgess 6 Battled hard and stuck his head on everything
Thompson 4 Really disappointing from Thommo, maybe he was working late last night or something because he had no energy, no final product and no effort
Gillies 6 Every time he had the ball, he did something with it, but he didn't get the ball often enough
Turnbull 5 Lacked the usual speed of thought in his passing and the whole team suffered, subbing him still seemed very odd at that stage of the game however
Falkingham 5 Caught on the ball too often although he did well at winning it back on a number of occasions
Beck 6 Ragged about all game as usual but stuck to his task
Cartman 5 Was pushed about too easily today, he could have had a pen in the first half and a fantastic block stopped him equalising later on

Syers 5 Added very little
Davie Wasn't on for long but wasted two good opportunities with two terrible shots
Hardy Not on long enough, should have come on much earlier

Ref 2 and that was for spotting the shirt pull on Beck otherwise he was fussy and inconsistent and that goes for the linesman on our side too.

All in all, a bad game but as I said at the start its a one-off. If we play like that next week, we would get hammered but we won't!

Haway lads!

bga

Post by bga » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:57 pm

divas wrote:Can't have too many arguments today although we might have salvaged a draw late on. Tamworth clearly done their homework and ensured they gave very little away in and around the box from set pieces, their defence was as solid as a rock. Jameson was superb and saved at least 4 goals on the break as we pushed for an equaliser, a couple were really fine saves.
Pretty much agree with that summary. I thought Jameson had the best game I have ever seen him play in a Darlo shirt (don't ask me to name the matches over the last few years) he was clearly MOM. They had done their homework but I am afraid we had not, as we didn't have a clue how to break them down! Falkingham and Thommo were totally ineffective for me, and as is mentioned above our subs were made too late.

PS think you are being a bit harsh on Liddle_4_ever saying he overreacted to today's performance. His summary had more passion in it than showed by some of our players today.

broadsexile

Post by broadsexile » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:55 pm

It was undoubtedly a bad, lethargic performance, and the on-pitch communication and general shape of the team were very poor, but I'd call it a bad day at the office more than anything. Even in seasons when you walk the league you have off-days, and this was one of those. I'm willing to let Thompson off here given how many games he's changed over the last four years, and Gray can have the benefit of the doubt too despite his frankly weird decision to sub Turnbull rather than the aimless Falkingham.

Still, that was the first away in years when I've been able to get back home after the match instead of stopping at a mate's or my mum's, and that micropub in the town centre was class. Worth the 300-mile round trip from Brighton alone.

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:18 pm

divas wrote:Liddle_4_ever, talk about an overreaction....
Errrrr......no

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:38 pm

What annoyed me about the ref was that every time we had a throw he was pedantic about where the throw was taken from yet, pointing to where he wanted it taken from, yet he never did that on any of their throws. Browns booking was shocking, there was no way he could have stopped the ball hitting his hand at such close range. Then when their lad pulls Gillies back when he was up against the last man he didn't even speak to the lad who committed the foul.