Fylde fan here

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Fylde2022
Team Supported: AFC Fylde

Fylde fan here

Post by Fylde2022 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:47 pm

Thoroughly looking forward to next Saturday. It should be a cracker!
Where's the best place to drink at a close proximity to your ground?
Currently, we have 2 coaches going, one of which leaves at 9am for a pissup in Durham before the game. I'm on the 2nd one that'll be dropping me off at your ground. I'm hoping we can get started on a 3rd coach during the week.

How confident are you?
Most importantly, are we segregated? If so, is there a bar in the away end?

quaker4life
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Fylde fan here

Post by quaker4life » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:46 pm

Fylde2022 wrote:Most importantly, are we segregated? If so, is there a bar in the away end?
No and yes.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:12 pm

Dont worry, we won't give you the Tamworth treatment, you will be able to see all the pitch and have access to all the same facilities the home fans have!

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:22 pm

Fylde have advised the club to expect 60/70. No segregation planned so you guys will be allowed in the bar no issue.

In terms of confidence I have no expectations of a win, just see how it goes. You guys are flying and whilst we have started quite well, we are capable of letting goals in and the likes of Rowe are very capable of taking chances.

Hope it's a good match but no pressure for us, whilst I want a win, a draw/defeat does not affect season targets.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:04 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Fylde have advised the club to expect 60/70. No segregation planned so you guys will be allowed in the bar no issue.

In terms of confidence I have no expectations of a win, just see how it goes. You guys are flying and whilst we have started quite well, we are capable of letting goals in and the likes of Rowe are very capable of taking chances.

Hope it's a good match but no pressure for us, whilst I want a win, a draw/defeat does not affect season targets.
Started quite well? Talk about glass half empty!

I agree though, I'd take a point now but I've been nothing but surprised with how we've done so far this season, and last to be honest.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:25 pm

Spyman wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:Fylde have advised the club to expect 60/70. No segregation planned so you guys will be allowed in the bar no issue.

I agree though, I'd take a point now but I've been nothing but surprised with how we've done so far this season, and last to be honest.

Is it glass half empty or is it being realistic.
If you look at our game against Harrogate, we should expect a good game and hope for a win.
If you look at the performance against Tamworth you have a more pessimistic view.
As for me, we have far outreached my expectation so far. I'm just hoping we can show them what we can do.

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:04 am

To be fair, after we have put in a poor performance we more often than not follow it with a much improved display. I'm thinking a draw, probably 2-2 or even 3-3 as our defence is very capable of letting in a few whilst our forward line is more than able to bag a few.
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:41 pm

My opinion wrote:
Spyman wrote:

If you look at our game against Harrogate, we should expect a good game and hope for a win.
If you look at the performance against Tamworth you have a more pessimistic view.
As for me, we have far outreached my expectation so far. I'm just hoping we can show them what we can do.
I just think to describe our start to the season as anything but exceptional is a massive understatement.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

aveda

Post by aveda » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:34 pm

Spyman wrote:
My opinion wrote:
Spyman wrote:

I just think to describe our start to the season as anything but exceptional is a massive understatement.

Completely agree. Way better than I expected.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:40 pm

I would be over the moon if we made the playoffs but in all honesty the most important thing this season is getting back to Darlo and making it a success

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:26 pm

Spyman wrote:
My opinion wrote:
Spyman wrote:

You might be right, probably just trying to not get carried away by our start as it's fantastic and in all honesty I thought we could be top 8 but didn't expect us to be as good as we are.

No pressure for me on Sat, as long as the lads give it their all then I will be happy.

Just shows how far we have come, 2nd in the National North and moving back to Darlo in a month. Didn't expect this when we started that NL season 4 years ago.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:03 pm

Fylde2022 wrote:Thoroughly looking forward to next Saturday. It should be a cracker!
Currently, we have 2 coaches going, one of which leaves at 9am for a pissup in Durham before the game. I'm on the 2nd one that'll be dropping me off at your ground. I'm hoping we can get started on a 3rd coach during the week.

How confident are you?
March Hare is next to Bishops ground but not the best beer imo.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:17 pm

The bar at the top of the main stand is welcoming to home and away fans. I can see the gates being closed with a capacity crowd, if the weather is reasonable.

Geordie Quaker

Post by Geordie Quaker » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:20 am

Fylde2022 wrote:Thoroughly looking forward to next Saturday. It should be a cracker!

How confident are you?
If you could find the twat on the below link (incidentally with a very similar username to yourself) giving it shite to Blackpool fans about us being a new club, kindly tell him to fuck far off.

http://fansonline.net/blackpool/mb/view.php?id=2586987

Also good to see you guys are hunting down alientaed BFC fans to join the bandwagon :D

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:11 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:

How confident are you?
March Hare is next to Bishops ground but not the best beer imo.
Has 3 relatively bog standard real ales usually and standard grill pub fare. If eating sit down early as seats usually fill up pre-match.

The town of Darlington is better for its range of real ale pubs & beers than Durham and much better than Bishop Auckland.

moz1963

Post by moz1963 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:25 am

An alternative is to stop in Barnard Castle as you will be coming off the A66? Plenty of pubs there.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:44 am

moz1963 wrote:An alternative is to stop in Barnard Castle as you will be coming off the A66? Plenty of pubs there.
With Fish and Chip shops on the way out as well.