FA Trophy Draw

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlobaz79
Team Supported: Darlington

FA Trophy Draw

Post by Darlobaz79 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:10 pm

We have been drawn at home v Marine or St Neots on Sat 26th Nov, not quite finished at HP then!

My opinion

Re: FA Trophy Draw

Post by My opinion » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:20 pm

Would be nice to play St Neots and get revenge for what happened 3 years ago..
But a home game suits me down to the ground

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:28 pm

My opinion wrote:Would be nice to play St Neots and get revenge for what happened 3 years ago..
For what happened?

The beat us fair and square from what I remember, Liam Hatch sent off in the first few minutes for punching someone.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:28 pm

We've got to be pleased with that draw. Really pleased that we have another game at HP. It's a bit of a novelty having a home cup game.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:36 pm

Spyman wrote:
My opinion wrote:Would be nice to play St Neots and get revenge for what happened 3 years ago..
For what happened?

The beat us fair and square from what I remember, Liam Hatch sent off in the first few minutes for punching someone.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I think you are reading too much into my comment.
They beat us in the Trophy..This is a chance (sould we play them) to beat them.
That is all.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:00 pm

Fair enough - sounded sinister!

From what I remember of that game, despite being just 10 men for virtually the whole game and effectively a level below them in the pyramid, we held out resolutely for about an hour before they undid us with a screamer and we kept on battling to the end very nearly grabbing a draw.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

spen666

Post by spen666 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:32 pm

Spyman wrote:Fair enough - sounded sinister!

From what I remember of that game, despite being just 10 men for virtually the whole game and effectively a level below them in the pyramid, we held out resolutely for about an hour before they undid us with a screamer and we kept on battling to the end very nearly grabbing a draw.

I was at that game and thought the 10 men did a tremendous job and only really lost it in the last 20 minutes, after playing over an hour in awful conditions, with only 10 men.

If Hatch had not done what he had done, I think Darlington would have won that game.

It was a performance the remaining 10 players can be proud of themselves for

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:45 pm

Home draw is a big Chance for generating a bit of dosh. Could do with a good run, all the way to Wembley if possible.

windyforce4

Post by windyforce4 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:05 pm

Hope we can have another capacity crowd to say ( hopefully ) farewell to HP.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:34 pm

windyforce4 wrote:Hope we can have another capacity crowd to say ( hopefully ) farewell to HP.
We'll be lucky to break 1000, as ST holders will have to pay on the gate. The fact that it will be our last game at HP, will bring in a few more. St. Neots or Marine are not likely to bring more than 50 fans to the game.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
windyforce4 wrote:Hope we can have another capacity crowd to say ( hopefully ) farewell to HP.
We'll be lucky to break 1000, as ST holders will have to pay on the gate. The fact that it will be our last game at HP, will bring in a few more. St. Neots or Marine are not likely to bring more than 50 fans to the game.
I don't fully understand your comment there Pete.. one sentance says that we will be lucky to get 1000, another sentance says because it's our last game at HP we will get a few more. Are you saying that season ticket holders will not go as they have to pay at the gate?
I am a season ticket holder along with several of my friends... We will be there and paying at the gate

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:16 am

I'd be very surprised if the crowd is more than 1000 for the trophy game.
Think before posting

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:20 am

It's a good draw on paper. But then again so was Lancaster.

Happy it's at home as I couldn't make the match on Saturday.

Talking of which, neither me or the youngun was at the game. We both have season tickets. So assuming the gate is right. The two of us missed it, and one other person didn't turn up. Hmmmmm

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:23 am

Selling Salford tickets (if Salford is to be the 1st game at BM) at the Trophy game could boost the crowd a bit

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:32 am

dickdarlington wrote:It's a good draw on paper. But then again so was Lancaster.

Talking of which, neither me or the youngun was at the game. We both have season tickets. So assuming the gate is right. The two of us missed it, and one other person didn't turn up. Hmmmmm
FA Rules require clubs to include all tickets sold in attendance irrespective of whether they attend game or not. Man Utd group Reds Away did some work on this- see http://redsaway.com/2013/04/revealed-ho ... -trafford/

I have also spoken to officials at a number of clubs who confirm this is the case. Clearly most non league clubs below conference do not get many season ticket or match day ticket holders so its not much of an issue generally

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:25 pm

Any news on the date Friday night or Sunday yet,suppose will have to wait see what the replay brings tonight.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:29 pm

I believe Bishop are moving their fixture so we'll be playing on the Saturday.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:56 pm

spen666 wrote:
dickdarlington wrote:It's a good draw on paper. But then again so was Lancaster.

FA Rules require clubs to include all tickets sold in attendance irrespective of whether they attend game or not. Man Utd group Reds Away did some work on this- see http://redsaway.com/2013/04/revealed-ho ... -trafford/

I have also spoken to officials at a number of clubs who confirm this is the case. Clearly most non league clubs below conference do not get many season ticket or match day ticket holders so its not much of an issue generally
I'm not convinced that is a real FA rule or if it is - if it's an enforced one.

I'm pretty sure (although I could be wrong) I remember people from the club in the past confirming that our attendances only count clicks through the turnstiles - ie those that attend.

I suppose the easy way of finding out is to completely sell out our 1st home match and then compare the official attendance with the tickets sold.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:11 pm

spen666 wrote: FA Rules require clubs to include all tickets sold in attendance irrespective of whether they attend game or not.

Spen, if this is a rule, then it's a stupid one.

I would like to think that attendance figures have some relevance to safety issues - as in ... how many people might need to be moved/accounted for.

If they don't, then what's the point?

And the dictionary definition of attendance is "the number of people present at a particular place or event:" 'Present' being the key word here.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:31 pm

My opinion wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I don't fully understand your comment there Pete.. one sentance says that we will be lucky to get 1000, another sentance says because it's our last game at HP we will get a few more. Are you saying that season ticket holders will not go as they have to pay at the gate?
I am a season ticket holder along with several of my friends... We will be there and paying at the gate
The fact that it is our last game hopefully at HP will encourage a few extra to come along. But even with this potential boost to the attendance the crowd will be lucky to reach a 1000 as ST holders may want to take a week off. I'm a ST holder and I plan to go, but there will be plenty that won't bother.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:51 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
spen666 wrote: FA Rules require clubs to include all tickets sold in attendance irrespective of whether they attend game or not.

Spen, if this is a rule, then it's a stupid one.

I would like to think that attendance figures have some relevance to safety issues - as in ... how many people might need to be moved/accounted for.

If they don't, then what's the point?

And the dictionary definition of attendance is "the number of people present at a particular place or event:" 'Present' being the key word here.

For once I am in full agreement with you.

The relevant figure is how many are in the ground. The only time it may vary would be in a cup tie where gate receipts are shared. IE say you sell 3000 tickets for a game, but owing to bad weather etc only 300 turn up, the money to be shared is the gate receipts from all the tickets sold ( An unlikely situation I know)

In league games, the home club keep the receipts, so the only issue then would be a tax one if a club were under declaring the attendances. That is a criminal matter and not one for the FA.

So, yes the rule is in my opinion stupid.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:19 pm

Marine won 4-2 and will be our opponents.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:23 pm

St Neots ended up with 8 men by the end of extra-time too.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:08 pm

[quote="AndyPark"]St Neots ended up with 8 men by the end of extra-time too.[/quote

They must be quite a physical team as they had TWO sent off in the first game last Saturday..So could be a blessing that we are not playing them.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:35 pm

Playing on the Sunday according to a Marine fan as Washington don't wanna move their fixture to a Sunday against Bishop.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:09 am

Sunday game is confirmed by the Northern Echo, with Bishop playing their tie on the Saturday. Sunday is probably better for me.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/ ... FA_Trophy/

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:51 pm

Perhaps the club could consider issuing some sort of voucher to people that attend, to guarantee a ticket for our first game back in Darlo the following Saturday. That would no doubt boost the crowd for the Trophy game as well.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:56 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Perhaps the club could consider issuing some sort of voucher to people that attend, to guarantee a ticket for our first game back in Darlo the following Saturday. That would no doubt boost the crowd for the Trophy game as well.
Or just join the DFCSG as has been said...repeatedly.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:59 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Perhaps the club could consider issuing some sort of voucher to people that attend, to guarantee a ticket for our first game back in Darlo the following Saturday. That would no doubt boost the crowd for the Trophy game as well.
People may not be keen on joining DFCSG or do you think that people who refuse to join the DFCSG should be penalised?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:10 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
People may not be keen on joining DFCSG or do you think that people who refuse to join the DFCSG should be penalised?
Well I dispute that not receiving priority is the same as being penalised.

To a wider point though, we are a fan funded club, so those that own the club should get the priority and that is something I do believe in.

I don't actually believe there is entitlement beyond what you get from a retailer if you simply buy the product offered and nothing else.

Just because I shop at the same Tesco every week if they sell out of red peppers when I get there I cannot demand that I am given priority next week simply because I was there the week before.

Do you believe that people who cannot get to a random Sunday FA Trophy game which just happens to be before the first game at the new ground deserve to be 'penalised'?