Salford game at Herritage Park

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

Salford game at Herritage Park

Post by poppyfield » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:12 am

Craig Stoddart ‏@CStoddartEcho · 5m5 minutes ago

Darlington will play Salford City at Heritage Park, not Blackwell Meadows. Just been announced. DFC still say they will move to BM in Dec.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Undercovered

Re: Salford game at Herritage Park

Post by Undercovered » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:17 am

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:28 am

Much better to get everything right rather than rush to meet a dead line, sure we will have a full house at HP.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Gow9900

Post by Gow9900 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:48 am

As said, better to get everything done and finished rather than do a rush job. We're nearly there, another week or so won't hurt.

Looking at the fixtures, if we do the unthinkable and actually win a cup game next Sunday against Marine, the First Round proper of the FA Trophy is on the weekend of Saturday 10th December, so if we were to get through and get a home draw, that would be the next game and the next opportunity for us to play our first game at Blackwell.

After that the next game will be against Halifax on boxing day.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:49 am

Agree with Gow, let's get it done right, another week or two won't hurt.

And a big sigh of relief for Tangerine Dreamer and the other 249 Salford massive, who don't have to worry about being under-ticketed now.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:06 pm

Anyone reckon Salford will be all ticket?

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:06 pm

As expected if we're honest.

Also would not hold my breath on the Halifax game, shall have to hang tight guys and girls it's at its closest that it seems the furtherest away!
SwansQuaker83 wrote:Anyone reckon Salford will be all ticket?
No.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:07 pm

Personally I wouldn't have thought so. Salford aren't going to pull in the same sort of numbers as Fylde did, that was a top two clash, this is just another game. 1700/1800 max
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:12 pm

Quite happy, in a weird way, in that I can visit HP one final time. (I've missed the last few)

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:34 pm

This news doesn't come as any surprise. Looks like I'll miss our first game back in Darlo if it's on Boxing Day.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:22 pm

quakersam wrote:Personally I wouldn't have thought so. Salford aren't going to pull in the same sort of numbers as Fylde did, that was a top two clash, this is just another game. 1700/1800 max
By a week tomorrow, we'll know when the first game at Blackwell is going to be, and who it'll be against.

The best way to get a large attendance for Salford is to sell tickets to those with stubs from that game as a second wave of sales (after DFCSG members), or to sell tickets inside the ground before the game.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:45 pm

In one sense its a shame, as I'm sure we'd get a full house for the Boxing day game whether it was the first game a BM or not. I can't remember the last time we actually played at home on Boxing day. I think its always been frozen off. Does anyone know? I'm going to take a guess and say the Nuneaton game in January will be the first.

theoriginalcount

Post by theoriginalcount » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:55 pm

Assume we can still use our mini season tickets (which were from the first match in December) at HP for the Salford game?

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:02 pm

theoriginalcount wrote:Assume we can still use our mini season tickets (which were from the first match in December) at HP for the Salford game?
Yes you will be able to use your mini seaon ticket as you have paid for all remaining league games

Neil_Heaneys_Pace

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:40 pm

here is a question.

we normally drive to HP but have decided to get the bus as we have a couple of mates coming up for a session. Is the X1 a ball ache to get there and back?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:12 pm

No I think it' pretty direct, although I think it goes via Shildon on the way to Bishop, lots of our fan use it for games at HP

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:45 pm

Yarblockos wrote:In one sense its a shame, as I'm sure we'd get a full house for the Boxing day game whether it was the first game a BM or not. I can't remember the last time we actually played at home on Boxing day. I think its always been frozen off. Does anyone know? I'm going to take a guess and say the Nuneaton game in January will be the first.
Scarborough 2 years ago

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:59 pm

Neil_Heaneys_Pace wrote:here is a question.

we normally drive to HP but have decided to get the bus as we have a couple of mates coming up for a session. Is the X1 a ball ache to get there and back?
Depending on where you want to have your session, the Supporters Group bus is also a good option. You could have your pick of Darlo town centre pubs then catch the bus, which leaves the Dolphin Centre at 2.05 and apart from a pick-up at Cockerton, next stop is Heritage Park car park. It leaves pretty much straight after the match. You could then pick-up where you left off in Darlo town centre.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:09 pm

Get the train to Bishop and then a taxi from the town centre to the ground; we do it now and again.

Radar

Post by Radar » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:08 pm

While it's wet and bogging, let's mess the HP pitch up and not our new carpet at BM.
A bit of humour on my part, but in all seriousness, a game on our BM pitch while the rainy season is in full force, could result in the pitch been knackered for the remainder of the season.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:35 pm

Are the rugby lot playing on the pitch at BM a lot at the moment? Or is it off limits, being a building site around it an all...

Interested to see how it holds up, but presumably work is already going into tending it, to make it ready for our arrival...

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:14 pm

H1987 wrote:Are the rugby lot playing on the pitch at BM a lot at the moment? Or is it off limits, being a building site around it an all...

Interested to see how it holds up, but presumably work is already going into tending it, to make it ready for our arrival...
No its not been played on since the end of the rugby season back in May? time

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:37 pm

quakersam wrote:
Yarblockos wrote:In one sense its a shame, as I'm sure we'd get a full house for the Boxing day game whether it was the first game a BM or not. I can't remember the last time we actually played at home on Boxing day. I think its always been frozen off. Does anyone know? I'm going to take a guess and say the Nuneaton game in January will be the first.
Scarborough 2 years ago
Oh yeah :oops:

Neil_Heaneys_Pace

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:28 am

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
Neil_Heaneys_Pace wrote:here is a question.

Depending on where you want to have your session, the Supporters Group bus is also a good option. You could have your pick of Darlo town centre pubs then catch the bus, which leaves the Dolphin Centre at 2.05 and apart from a pick-up at Cockerton, next stop is Heritage Park car park. It leaves pretty much straight after the match. You could then pick-up where you left off in Darlo town centre.
This feels this the most sensible/cheeky beers option.

Cheers guys

Neil_Heaneys_Pace

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:39 am

Cup games aren't part of the 500 club either so, A cup tie full house will mean more money for the club?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:45 pm

Neil_Heaneys_Pace wrote:Cup games aren't part of the 500 club either so, A cup tie full house will mean more money for the club?
What cup tie are you talking about? If it's the Marine game, then we'll be lucky to get a crowd of a 1000, which is far from a full house.

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:07 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Neil_Heaneys_Pace wrote:Cup games aren't part of the 500 club either so, A cup tie full house will mean more money for the club?
What cup tie are you talking about? If it's the Marine game, then we'll be lucky to get a crowd of a 1000, which is far from a full house.
Should we beat Marine and get a home tie then that could be the first game at BM.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

Neil_Heaneys_Pace

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:52 pm

Makka Pakka wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Should we beat Marine and get a home tie then that could be the first game at BM.
Hopefully a home tie on the 10th

Boxing day is normally a big crowd anyway. So two decent crowds should benefit us financially

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:39 pm

Gow9900 wrote:As said, better to get everything done and finished rather than do a rush job. We're nearly there, another week or so won't hurt.

Looking at the fixtures, if we do the unthinkable and actually win a cup game next Sunday against Marine, the First Round proper of the FA Trophy is on the weekend of Saturday 10th December, so if we were to get through and get a home draw, that would be the next game and the next opportunity for us to play our first game at Blackwell.

After that the next game will be against Halifax on boxing day.
Boxing Day games are always weather permitting - hope there will be a Marquee Bar, as we could do without beer desert conditions, as DFC had for decades at Feethams.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:53 pm

Neil Johnson wrote: Boxing Day games are always weather permitting
No s*** Sherlock :lol: :lol: :lol: