Today is the day...

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Robbie Painter
Team Supported: Darlington

Today is the day...

Post by Robbie Painter » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:03 am

... That final building works are supposed to complete.

So I'm looking forward to the announcement from the rugby club that they are done and we are all set for a successful inspection by league, council, etc on the 19th.

Surely the rugby club won't let us down again?!

TFDM

Re: Today is the day...

Post by TFDM » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:22 am

Robbie Painter wrote:... That final building works are supposed to complete.

So I'm looking forward to the announcement from the rugby club that they are done and we are all set for a successful inspection by league, council, etc on the 19th.

:lol:

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:33 am

The desire to blame the Rugby club at such an early stage of the relationship hardly augurs well for the long term relationship. It is not a constructive approach and will only antagonise relations between the 2 clubs and their members/ supporters.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:02 am

Yea I hope so too, on a side note why did they spend time building a conservatory?
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Geordie Quaker

Post by Geordie Quaker » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:05 am

What does your made-up book of Law say about that Spen?

Robbie is right, they had better get it done. Every game we miss is lost revenue (for both sides of course).

EDIT: Fuck off Spen.

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:23 am

spen666 wrote:

The desire to blame the Rugby club at such an early stage of the relationship hardly augurs well for the long term relationship. It is not a constructive approach and will only antagonise relations between the 2 clubs and their members/ supporters.
Fuck off Spen
Think before posting

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:38 am

I'm off work today. I may go down and take some snaps of the finished site. There won't be any workers there so no H&S issues.
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:49 am

BUSHEAD wrote:
spen666 wrote:

Fuck off Spen

A highly intelligent and cogently put argument

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:58 am

spen666 wrote:
BUSHEAD wrote:
spen666 wrote:

Fuck off Spen

On par with your legal expertise.

Fuck off Spen.
Think before posting

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:14 pm

BUSHEAD wrote:
spen666 wrote:
BUSHEAD wrote:
spen666 wrote:

Fuck off Spen

On par with your legal expertise.

Fuck off Spen.

You astound me with your level of debate and intellect.

Its attitudes like yours from fans that will only cause problems with the relationship with the rugby club.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:58 pm

That end of the ground is a building site.
More advertising boards and the PA system being installed today.
The fence has also been lowered in front of the main stand to allow for better viewing.

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:02 pm

Why would it be the Rugby Club's fault if the work isn't completed on time? it won't be the Rugby Club letting us down, but the contractors.
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:16 pm

Lawman3 wrote:Why would it be the Rugby Club's fault if the work isn't completed on time? it won't be the Rugby Club letting us down, but the contractors.
I guess because they are the ones hiring the contractors and managing them to the deadlines agreed.

If for me we don't open against Halifax then whilst disappointed it won't be a disaster, could cost us 10k or so but would mean a full house against Nuneaton if we opened against them.

My issue would be that I am not convinced the Rugby club would really care how this affects the football club. When I have spoken to anyone associated with the Rugby Club they very much seem to have a them and us attitude as opposed to seeing this as a partnership and hoping both clubs really benefit.

On the back of that though it is what it is and we just have to get on with it.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:32 pm

If that's true it's pretty sad. I would have thought the massive improvements that have been made will be beneficial to all supporters, especially watching rugby and staying dry. And if spen is annoying you avoid his Twitter or blog at all costs. On and on and on about anything and everything. Fascinating....NOT!!!

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:59 pm

loan_star wrote:That end of the ground is a building site.
My understanding is that the building currently under construction at the away end is a storage facility and I wouldn't have thought its state of completeness would affect the ground grading as long as it is left in a safe condition for when the ground is occupied by spectators. Of more importance is the state of the access to and internals of the changing rooms.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:29 pm

Where are Santa's little helpers when you need them? Not sure what is more exciting, the countdown to Christmas or the results of the FA & Council inspections. :?:

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:18 pm

If we do end up back at H.P. on Boxing Day surely we need to make that match all ticket.
2000 for our last 2 home games with only about 100 away fans. Halifax will bring far more than that and Boxing Day usually attracts are bigger than normal crowd so could be chaos if left as pay on the day.