Dugout Seat Nameplates

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

en passant
Team Supported: Darlington

Dugout Seat Nameplates

Post by en passant » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:51 am

Just want to raise a query with those folks who, like me, asked for a nameplate to be attached in the dugout seating area. Does it interest anyone else as to what the nameplate looks like? We've paid to have them placed there, but from what I've seen of the match arrangement you will never be able to get pitch side to see the inside of the dugouts to see the nameplates in place.

Would anyone who did this think it worthwhile to have a photo of their nameplate and associated seat to commemorate their place in BM history, and if so would it be a further idea to have the photo signed by Martin or a member of the team and make a reasonable charge for doing so (say £20) by way of raising a little more money for future improvements.

bga

Re: Dugout Seat Nameplates

Post by bga » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:00 pm

Not sure if your saw the photos on Club website on 16 Jan? All names are clearly shown. I did not donate to this but wonder if it is fair to suggest those who did, pay again for a photos? As I say not for me to debate you guys paid the money. Good luck with anything associated with raising more money.

http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/nam ... e-dugouts/

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:21 pm

bga wrote:Not sure if your saw the photos on Club website on 16 Jan? All names are clearly shown. I did not donate to this but wonder if it is fair to suggest those who did, pay again for a photos? As I say not for me to debate you guys paid the money. Good luck with anything associated with raising more money.

Could be wrong but I think the OP is referring to the nameplates on the inside of the dugouts...

divas

Post by divas » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:29 pm

We can certainly arrange something at a forthcoming home game for those with names on the dugout seats (they're actually positioned just above the seats to protect them) to be able to view them in situ before the game. Ideally would have liked to have done this already but things have been a bit hectic on match days, now it's settling down there should be no issue.

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:52 pm

I was thinking about this recently - DAFTS arranged one in memory of Lance Ireland and to be honest I'd be happy to have a digital photo emailed, we could do as we see fit with that.

Would Theresa be available and willing to do that perhaps?
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

divas

Post by divas » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:15 pm

If it's photos you want then Theresa has already done the honours. I'll get them distributed.

en passant

Post by en passant » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:31 pm

m62exile wrote:
bga wrote:Not sure if your saw the photos on Club website on 16 Jan? All names are clearly shown. I did not donate to this but wonder if it is fair to suggest those who did, pay again for a photos? As I say not for me to debate you guys paid the money. Good luck with anything associated with raising more money.

Could be wrong but I think the OP is referring to the nameplates on the inside of the dugouts...
Hi, Just got back to this and saw the comments. Yes it was the nameplates inside the dugouts that I was referring to. And to answer the point made about paying again - it was only a suggestion to have this done on a purely voluntary basis for those who might like to have a keepsake of their contribution to Darlo's return back to the town. If, as has been suggested, that this can be done without additional cost then that would be good too.

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:30 pm

divas wrote:If it's photos you want then Theresa has already done the honours. I'll get them distributed.
Good man, thank you.
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

en passant

Post by en passant » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:20 pm

Sorry to bump this back into view - but did anything happen with the taking pictures of the nameplates?

divas

Post by divas » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:26 pm

Drop me a PM with your email address and I'll email it over

en passant

Post by en passant » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:08 pm

divas wrote:Drop me a PM with your email address and I'll email it over
Hello again,

Sorry to raise this once again but after sending a message to you and again being told that a photo was on its way I have heard nothing more in nearly a month.

Now you may notice that this message is being sent during the match on Wednesday night. I was at the match but now I am home. The reason is that I went around to the dugouts tonight to have a look at the "bricks" on the back and was surprised to find our two names amongst them. I did not pay the £60 for two of the "bricks" but chose, what I thought, would be the far better dugout seat nameplates at £100 each. So I was surprised to find our names on something I did not pay for but have yet to see any evidence of what I did pay for.

Due to the impossibly long time it has taken to supply photographs that were apparently already in existence two months ago I assumed that out names are not on the dugout seats and are only on the "bricks". Can anyone explain what has happened as the impression I got tonight was that I had paid for something that I didn't get? I couldn't settle at the match tonight after discovering this so had to return home ASAP to raise this question with you.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:48 pm

Names are on both so you got an unexpected bonus. Apologies had a lot on my plate of late

en passant

Post by en passant » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:29 pm

divas wrote:Names are on both so you got an unexpected bonus. Apologies had a lot on my plate of late
Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry if I've been over anxious about getting this sorted. I should explain that the second seat name I requested for Jess Halliday was intended to be something of a memorial to her as she died late last year and I thought that this might a nice tribute, so it would be so very good to see our names side by side in the dugouts.

If it has been causing any difficulties I would suggest that it would suit me just as well to take a photograph of my own if I could be given access to the pitch at some point, either during the week when it is not in use (with the Rugby Club's permission, of course) or in the lead up to the next home game before the players are on the pitch.

Let me know if this can be arranged.

Many thanks

en passant

Post by en passant » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:29 am

Allan Quatermain wrote:
divas wrote:If it's photos you want then Theresa has already done the honours. I'll get them distributed.
Good man, thank you.
Sorry to bother you but you are the only person who joined this thread who, like myself, expressed an interest in seeing what the dugout name plaques looked like as there had been no pictures published on-line (as there had been with those on the back of the dugouts).

I have been in contact with DFCSG earlier in this thread about this and have so far been unable to obtain a photograph of the nameplates. So I wondered if you had received the photograph you requested.

Many thanks

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:27 pm

en passant wrote:
Allan Quatermain wrote:
Good man, thank you.
Sorry to bother you but you are the only person who joined this thread who, like myself, expressed an interest in seeing what the dugout name plaques looked like as there had been no pictures published on-line (as there had been with those on the back of the dugouts).

I have been in contact with DFCSG earlier in this thread about this and have so far been unable to obtain a photograph of the nameplates. So I wondered if you had received the photograph you requested.

Many thanks
Yeah, got a photo emailed without issues a couple of days later.

en passant

Post by en passant » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:38 pm

Allan Quatermain wrote:
en passant wrote:
Allan Quatermain wrote:
Good man, thank you.

Many thanks
Yeah, got a photo emailed without issues a couple of days later.
Many thanks for the reply. Glad to hear that these photos actually exist as I was beginning to doubt it having made several attempts to get something and still waiting after more than two months.

I wonder if other people who went for the dugout seat nameplates have had photos.