Cartman Tweet

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Beano
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Cartman Tweet

Post by Beano » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:54 pm

Beck's biggest problem is that he will get stick, unfairly, for the way we are playing due to being the focal point.

We are playing far less entertaining football than we have at any point since 2012, which always compounds the issue when on a poor run of form.

The long ball strategy doesn't fit the players we have as, relative to our current division, our players are technically proficient and capable of moving the ball well and we don't have the big beasts needed to win second balls and press in midfield when possession is inevitably lost.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:57 pm

I know that this is slightly off the topic the original post was about but maybe the team as a whole is suffering from the pitch not being as conducive to suit the players we currently have. Although I am slightly baffled by MG's reluctance to play Cartman with Beck together as our strongest frontline week in and week out.

For the first half of the season playing on a slicker and relatively flat pitch at Bishop and now to a slower, bobbly pitch at Blackwell Meadows. Granted I have only been to one game this season and not yet to Blackwell (Worcester City in Oct), it just seems our general play has gone to a more direct and even more predictable approach and more so since our move. This might not suit running players such as Cartman, Gillies, Thompson etc. Hopefully this is a short term thing with plans a foot to sort the pitch out throughout the summer and maybe produce a surface a little more suited to the style of play with have become use to especially for the most part the first half of this season.

Hoping to get to the Altrincham game in just under a fortnight, along with my brother who hasn't been to a Darlo match for nearly 5 years! :thumbup:
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:36 am

Cartman is the kind of player that fans will come to watch. He has the ability to control the ball as it comes into him but also runs into spaces to create chances. Inside the box, he has the ability to put the ball into the net or else lays off passes to others who are better placed to score, i.e not greedy. He has energy and often creates havoc in the opponent's defence by chasing down 'lost' causes. There are a number of other players who are starting ahead of him who would do well to follow his example. I agree that the BM pitch is not ideal for his style of play but isn't this being addressed next season? Would be folly to let Carts go now.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:20 pm

jjljks wrote:Cartman is the kind of player that fans will come to watch. He has the ability to control the ball as it comes into him but also runs into spaces to create chances. Inside the box, he has the ability to put the ball into the net or else lays off passes to others who are better placed to score, i.e not greedy. He has energy and often creates havoc in the opponent's defence by chasing down 'lost' causes. There are a number of other players who are starting ahead of him who would do well to follow his example. I agree that the BM pitch is not ideal for his style of play but isn't this being addressed next season? Would be folly to let Carts go now.
Agree,he must be an absolute nightmare to play against.

Mario

Post by Mario » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:36 pm

He worked hard again today, but the confidence doesn't seem to be there in front of goal.

He had a great chance in the second half, but put it wide.