Online Tickets

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Vodka_Vic
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Online Tickets

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:50 am

I assume that with a pre-purchased ticket that you go through the season ticket turnstile so you avoid queueing behind people paying cash.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:56 am

bga wrote:I think this is a great idea and the admin fee is fine. One question please if you buy a ticket and the game is cancelled, and you cannot make the rearranged date, will there be a refund facility?
Very good question, we can clarify that for future releases.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:57 am

So do they have a list then, and you give your name?

That's fine when there's only 100, but that'll create a backlog at the turnstile for higher demand games if whoever is checking has a big list to go through.

A ticket collection kiosk might be necessary in future?

divas

Post by divas » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:57 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:I assume that with a pre-purchased ticket that you go through the season ticket turnstile so you avoid queueing behind people paying cash.

Yeah that's correct, for today all online tickets will enter via the clearly signed season & online ticket turnstile. Going forwards if there's enough demand for online tickets then there's the potential to have a dedicated online ticketing turnstile

divas

Post by divas » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:05 am

H1987 wrote:I think it's a great idea in principle. What isn't clear to me though, is how does it work? Is it click and collect? Or do you print your own ticket? Is there an option for either?

Also, couple of bits of feedback. 1) how can you charge a fee on 0 for an under 5. I know it's only 25p, but that needs addressing... 2) I can't see any information about this on the official website?

I think it's a great thing to do, as you can promote it through social media and potentially reach people who are casual fans who when the day rolls around might not bother. Obviously if they've bought their ticket in advance they're locked in. Definitely a great thing to offer, i'd assume it doesn't run to a loss or anything with the fees :thumbup:
The tickets are delivered to you via email and contain a unique barcode. You can then either:

1) Print at home and bring with you, or
2) Present your email on your mobile phone

For either scenario your barcode will be scanned at the turnstile and you will be granted entry, this enables tickets to be scanned at multiple turnstiles if demand allows without any risk to tickets being fraudulently duplicated.

Two reasons for the admin fee on a free child ticket:

1) Regardless of ticket cost there is a cost to process an online order.
2) It's an anti fraud measure as anything with a cost needs to be paid for via a card. Making them totally free opens up the risk of people simply ordering a ticket without going through verification

There was a post on the official website when this launched although we need to look at how we get extra prominence if the trial is a success.

As mentioned today is a trial so many aspects including admin feed etc are potentially changeable.

bga

Post by bga » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:40 pm

divas wrote:
bga wrote:I think this is a great idea and the admin fee is fine. One question please if you buy a ticket and the game is cancelled, and you cannot make the rearranged date, will there be a refund facility?
Very good question, we can clarify that for future releases.
:thumbup: Please

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:47 pm

How did the system go today divas?

divas

Post by divas » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:57 pm

Went off without a hitch today, was pleased with it and had some good feedback from fans that had used it. Ideally need to test it across multiple devices next as we'd need more than one turnstile for an all ticket game

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:13 pm

Good to hear

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:08 pm

A fantastic idea, and I'm glad to hear it ran smoothly.

OHDFC

Post by OHDFC » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:42 am

Is this facility in operation for FCUM?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:44 am

Aye, if this is available for FCUM i wouldn't mind booking mine in advance.