You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:59 am View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Guiseley and Chester
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 4839
Team Supported: Darlington
The two above are now relegated and will be dropping into our league next season however the other two look like being Torquay and Woking who will drop in to National League South.

From below it looks like Altrincham will win the league and the play off spot will likely be between Warrington, Grantham Town, Ahston United, Farsley Celtic and Shaw Lane.

So we are probably a team short on losing 5 but gaining 4, could well depend if we lose Brackley via promotion or a possible move, Hereford have been promoted and you would guess a shout of being moved to the North, Kings Lynn may go up via the play offs and are a possibility (played in Evo North I believe previously)and then the possibility of say Gloucester being moved back into the North.

Sounds like the league isn't going to be any more Northern next season, although I may have missed some options so anything else that can happen?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Guiseley and Chester
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 4839
Team Supported: Darlington
These documents are updated by a guy every year and normally gets things about right. At the minute he is suggesting Brackley stay North as 3rd (guesses that 2nd place will win the playoffs) and that Kings Lynn who are 2nd in Southern will win the playoffs.

With that Kings Lynn at a guess will be placed into our Nat North as team number 5.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1inu6blXlaCuykULnRxHPFLMcCnAPU1NtmlM27JJ9nFE/edit#gid=0

This is much better than discussing a relegation dogfight :)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Guiseley and Chester
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Posts: 1177
Team Supported: Darlington
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
.... the possibility of say Gloucester being moved back into the North.
...


I understand ( but may be wrong) that Gloucester were given some form of guarantee of not being moved back to the North for several years after their last move

_________________
_________________________________________________________________
Follow me on

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Guiseley and Chester
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 4933
Team Supported: Darlington
Looking forwards to visiting Chester again - I saw the other day that they've been approached by someone wanting to invest. Interesting to see what happens with that

_________________
https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/

http://buytickets.at/dfcsg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Guiseley and Chester
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 1967
Team Supported: Darlington
Let's be honest, Gloucester in a Northern league is just fecking insane. Then again, so is Brackley.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Guiseley and Chester
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Posts: 10966
Location: Darlington
Team Supported: Darlington
Looking forward to a weekend on the drink in Chester already.

_________________
https://twitter.com/#!/AndrewParkk


Darlington Football Club: The club that refused to die.
Bought by the fans; for the fans!

17/18 Season:
WWWDLDDLLDWDLDLWLLDLLWLLLDDWWWLWWDWDLW


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Guiseley and Chester
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 10577
Team Supported: Darlington
Kings Lynn is a terrible place to get too from the North.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Guiseley and Chester
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Posts: 287
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Kings Lynn is a terrible place to get too from the North.

Same travelling time from Darlington to KL as Darlo-Brackley and 30 mins less than Darlo-Gloucester, according to the AA, but let's face it, none of those three should be anywhere near a 'northern' division. But I guess that's the problem with only having two divisions below the Nat Lge.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Guiseley and Chester
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:33 pm
Posts: 1060
Team Supported: Darlington
LoidLucan wrote:
Let's be honest, Gloucester in a Northern league is just fecking insane. Then again, so is Brackley.


This.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Guiseley and Chester
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:12 pm
Posts: 1453
Team Supported: Darlington
Considerably shorter distance from Kings Lynn to darlington, or even Blyth than it is to Truro. Not saying it’s easy. But it’s got to be fair on both sides.

Agree on Gloucester though.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Guiseley and Chester
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Posts: 1659
Team Supported: Darlington
Could hereford come into the North?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Guiseley and Chester
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Posts: 287
Team Supported: Darlington
It's not that long ago that Oxford City was in the Conf Nth, so anything is possible.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Guiseley and Chester
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 1967
Team Supported: Darlington
dickdarlington wrote:
Considerably shorter distance from Kings Lynn to darlington, or even Blyth than it is to Truro. Not saying it’s easy. But it’s got to be fair on both sides.

Agree on Gloucester though.


Truro? You're kidding me, don't tell me they're at it now as well with this football malarkey. Can't these people just stick to their traditional sports like Morris Dancing, bog snorkelling or rolling a big cheese down a hill. If it's not clamped down on now, some idiot with more money than sense is gonna decide it'd be a great idea to bankroll Land's End on a ride through the leagues :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Guiseley and Chester
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:23 pm
Posts: 1683
Team Supported: Darlington
LoidLucan wrote:
dickdarlington wrote:
Considerably shorter distance from Kings Lynn to darlington, or even Blyth than it is to Truro. Not saying it’s easy. But it’s got to be fair on both sides.

Agree on Gloucester though.


Truro? You're kidding me, don't tell me they're at it now as well with this football malarkey. Can't these people just stick to their traditional sports like Morris Dancing, bog snorkelling or rolling a big cheese down a hill. If it's not clamped down on now, some idiot with more money than sense is gonna decide it'd be a great idea to bankroll Land's End on a ride through the leagues :D


A la Gretna in Scotland. A rich mans folly


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Guiseley and Chester
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 10577
Team Supported: Darlington
Comfortably_numb wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:
dickdarlington wrote:
Considerably shorter distance from Kings Lynn to darlington, or even Blyth than it is to Truro. Not saying it’s easy. But it’s got to be fair on both sides.

Agree on Gloucester though.


Truro? You're kidding me, don't tell me they're at it now as well with this football malarkey. Can't these people just stick to their traditional sports like Morris Dancing, bog snorkelling or rolling a big cheese down a hill. If it's not clamped down on now, some idiot with more money than sense is gonna decide it'd be a great idea to bankroll Land's End on a ride through the leagues :D


A la Gretna in Scotland. A rich mans folly


A good few years ago, I think just after they had played for a year in the Scottish Premiership, I went up to see Darlo play Gretna in a pre-season friendly. Strange place loads of hotels, only a couple of shops and very weirdly for Scotland hardly any pubs!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Guiseley and Chester
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1325
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Comfortably_numb wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:
dickdarlington wrote:
Considerably shorter distance from Kings Lynn to darlington, or even Blyth than it is to Truro. Not saying it’s easy. But it’s got to be fair on both sides.

Agree on Gloucester though.


Truro? You're kidding me, don't tell me they're at it now as well with this football malarkey. Can't these people just stick to their traditional sports like Morris Dancing, bog snorkelling or rolling a big cheese down a hill. If it's not clamped down on now, some idiot with more money than sense is gonna decide it'd be a great idea to bankroll Land's End on a ride through the leagues :D


A la Gretna in Scotland. A rich mans folly


A good few years ago, I think just after they had played for a year in the Scottish Premiership, I went up to see Darlo play Gretna in a pre-season friendly. Strange place loads of hotels, only a couple of shops and very weirdly for Scotland hardly any pubs!!!

I was at that also and could not believe with that ground they were in the Scottish Premiership.A nice stand behind one goal and that was virtually it except for a rickety old stand which housed the changing rooms similar to the Kendal stand.The place is just a tourist attraction, hardly the size of Hurworth and crazy to invest money in them.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Guiseley and Chester
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:08 am
Posts: 161
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Comfortably_numb wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:
dickdarlington wrote:
Considerably shorter distance from Kings Lynn to darlington, or even Blyth than it is to Truro. Not saying it’s easy. But it’s got to be fair on both sides.

Agree on Gloucester though.


Truro? You're kidding me, don't tell me they're at it now as well with this football malarkey. Can't these people just stick to their traditional sports like Morris Dancing, bog snorkelling or rolling a big cheese down a hill. If it's not clamped down on now, some idiot with more money than sense is gonna decide it'd be a great idea to bankroll Land's End on a ride through the leagues :D


A la Gretna in Scotland. A rich mans folly


A good few years ago, I think just after they had played for a year in the Scottish Premiership, I went up to see Darlo play Gretna in a pre-season friendly. Strange place loads of hotels, only a couple of shops and very weirdly for Scotland hardly any pubs!!!

I was at that also and could not believe with that ground they were in the Scottish Premiership.A nice stand behind one goal and that was virtually it except for a rickety old stand which housed the changing rooms similar to the Kendal stand.The place is just a tourist attraction, hardly the size of Hurworth and crazy to invest money in them.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
They never played an SPL game there, as the ground was not up to SPL criteria, Gretna played SPL games at Motherwell

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Guiseley and Chester
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:19 pm
Posts: 148
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Kings Lynn is a terrible place to get too from the North.

My nearest game 34 miles from home.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tezza and 36 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group