Scott

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

Scott

Post by poppyfield » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:11 am

The red card on Saturday, I think I am right in saying that his suspension comes in in 7 days time (could be wrong for a straight red) if so would you play him on Wednesday?
I assume he will get a 3 match ban, so probably best to leave him out completely for the next 4 games.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

darlo reborn

Re: Scott

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:28 am

Has he not been sent off before this season ? so will that not be a longer ban ?

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:08 pm

darlo reborn wrote:Has he not been sent off before this season ? so will that not be a longer ban ?
Yes. If only.....please! We do need someone who is more than a stopper as we are not capable of holding the ball and passing it through midfield

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:46 pm

Leon has been a great servant to the club, but his inability on the ball is a pressing issue.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:04 pm

Did anyone get a close up view of the horror tackle. Was it just mistimed or was there something else going on?

I noticed the H'gate player on the receiving end seemed to be getting involved in numerous tussles throughout the game.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:52 pm

He later did a huge elaborate dive after a challenge and the ref waved play on. As regards scott's challenge, it wasn't great but was it any worse than the brutal tackle that ended portas' season but only resulted in a yellow card? I dont think so

tezza

Post by tezza » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:12 pm

Its not simply about 1 tackle. Its about his ability to be influential in a positive sense at this level. No one should doubt his commitment and contribution over the last 4 years, however it is painful to watch the game get away from him time and time again. MG perhaps sees a little of himself in Leon, able to stop those who think they are good, playing. That only holds good if you can catch them, and that is where he gets caught out. He seems increasingly clumsy a symptom of doing things at an uncomfortable level. MG has shown unswerving loyalty to him , and others. Something a certain ex premier league manager realised to late.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:31 pm

LoidLucan wrote:He later did a huge elaborate dive after a challenge and the ref waved play on. As regards scott's challenge, it wasn't great but was it any worse than the brutal tackle that ended portas' season but only resulted in a yellow card? I dont think so
Coincidentally the other game this season where Scott saw red. Infuriating when Portas stayed down injured yet their lad got straight up demanding a red for Scott.

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:16 pm

The Portas tackle was a disgrace, and would be a significant ban in the Premier League.

However, it does not excuse Leon's stupidity, albeit the inconsistency is bloody annoying.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:58 am

Beano wrote:The Portas tackle was a disgrace, and would be a significant ban in the Premier League.
Well that isn't true is it. The suspension for serious foul play is as a standard 3 games depending on the players disciplinary record.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:42 am

Don't disputre the red card (even though I think their lad made a meal of it). But if he gives a red for it then there were other challeneges in that game that deserved a yellow. The knee high challenge on Beck towards the end of the first half being a prime example. Referee had a stinker on Saturday.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:25 pm

TFDM wrote:Don't disputre the red card (even though I think their lad made a meal of it). But if he gives a red for it then there were other challeneges in that game that deserved a yellow. The knee high challenge on Beck towards the end of the first half being a prime example. Referee had a stinker on Saturday.
There was also the challenge on Thompson who was brought down after leaving his man for dead. The ref didnt even speak to the lad that did it.

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:33 pm

It's a bit harsh to call him stupid. He's in the team as a midfield hardman to make the big tackles so he's always walking a fine line. You can't help how officials are going to interpret things, while I can't disagree with the red, 50% of the time you will see a yellow for that.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:22 pm

loan_star wrote:
TFDM wrote:Don't disputre the red card (even though I think their lad made a meal of it). But if he gives a red for it then there were other challeneges in that game that deserved a yellow. The knee high challenge on Beck towards the end of the first half being a prime example. Referee had a stinker on Saturday.
There was also the challenge on Thompson who was brought down after leaving his man for dead. The ref didnt even speak to the lad that did it.
I had a good view of that incident and thought that Tommo made a meal of the dive and it wasn't a definite foul.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:52 am

On the FA site now, 4 match ban starting Saturday.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-gov ... uspensions
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:15 pm

poppyfield wrote:On the FA site now, 4 match ban starting Saturday.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-gov ... uspensions
Thought I'd see which players are one yellow away from a suspension. The only player listed under Darlington is "Joseph Tait, 9 yellow cards, next fixture Altrincham" :lol: I assume it's just a mistake, but it's a sizeable mistake considering he hasn't played for us in a few years

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:18 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
loan_star wrote:
I had a good view of that incident and thought that Tommo made a meal of the dive and it wasn't a definite foul.
Not the point Pete. The ref deemed it a foul and as Thompson was clear of his man it should have been a yellow card.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:21 pm

I think scottie is being made a scape goat for our poor run of late, yes he made a rash challange but i thought there lad made a meal of it ,he was not badly hurt as as soon as scottie got the red card he was up on his feet and running ,take another look at it it was very poor decision by ref,

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:55 pm

onewayup wrote:I think scottie is being made a scape goat for our poor run of late, yes he made a rash challange but i thought there lad made a meal of it ,he was not badly hurt as as soon as scottie got the red card he was up on his feet and running ,take another look at it it was very poor decision by ref,
Sorry but I can't agree with you on this.
Scott's tackle was reckless in my opinion and most Refs would have made the same decision. All the fans around me were saying it was a red card...Agree that the lad made a meal out of it and even had the cheek to keep trying it on by feigning injury again .but that does not change the recklessness of the tackle.
As others have said, the ref was exceptionally poor on Saturday (though I in my opinion he got that decision right) as was the young lad who ran the line on the seated stand side. I felt sorry for Beck who kept having his shirt pulled by their CB's...if I could see it then the lino and ref MUST have as well.
Hopefully our bad run will end tonight and we show what we can really do.

tezza

Post by tezza » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:13 pm

onewayup wrote:I think scottie is being made a scape goat for our poor run of late, yes he made a rash challange but i thought there lad made a meal of it ,he was not badly hurt as as soon as scottie got the red card he was up on his feet and running ,take another look at it it was very poor decision by ref,
Since when was it mandatory to hurt another player to get sent off ?

I believe no appeal has been made ..speaks volumes to me.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:46 pm

Tezza,don't read into it what isn't there.read the post again, it says only that a meal was made of a rash challenge , he got up and was not badly hurt .in my opinion another ref would have only given a yellow, ,Newcastle game the next day same rash challenge nothing given buy the ref. It is all about opinion and right or wrong that is mine.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:05 pm

The referee didn't give himself enough time to think about the challenge or see how their player was. The red card was straight out.

A yellow-card for me, however I can see why a red was given (although we've seen worse go unpunished). But that sums up the referees at this level, the consistency is shocking.