Worcester City V Darlington FC Match Thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

al_quaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Worcester City V Darlington FC Match Thread

Post by al_quaker » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:04 pm

If Beck's out of contract, I wouldn't be surprised to see a conference club take a gamble on him. He's young, scored a decent amount of goals, and his all round play is good too - I've not seen many better strikers than him this season. It'd be a huge blow to lose him for next season.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:45 am

Beck has made a great contribution so far this season without having developed a true pairing with any other of the squad. Cartman has been better than most at linking up & feeding off Beck, but this is an area Beck can improve on. It isn't necessary to try & head on every ball, sometimes better just to hold it up, control and pass to someone in support even if it takes a bit of time for them to get there. Another point to look at improving is the timing of his challenges and I'm sure with some constructive coaching from MG then Beck is still young enough to develop his skills so we need to secure his services for the future. I'm sure MG has this in mind :thumbup:

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:34 pm

http://www.worcestercityfc.com/news/per ... 97263.html

They were giving out leaflets as we came through the turnstyles about their planning application to get back to the town,link above for those interested.

Looks very similar to BM from what I can see,amazed they dont share with the eggchasers though.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:08 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:http://www.worcestercityfc.com/news/per ... 97263.html

They were giving out leaflets as we came through the turnstyles about their planning application to get back to the town,link above for those interested.

Looks very similar to BM from what I can see,amazed they dont share with the eggchasers though.
Worcester is definitely more of a rugby town that a footie town. I would imagine a tie up with the towns footie club, would be of far more benefit to the footie club, then the rugby club.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:43 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:http://www.worcestercityfc.com/news/per ... 97263.html

Worcester is definitely more of a rugby town that a footie town. I would imagine a tie up with the towns footie club, would be of far more benefit to the footie club, then the rugby club.
Yes,probably dont need the football team as the Rugby club quite high up the food chain.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:41 pm

Makka Pakka wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:When your losing with 3 minutes of injury time left then yes you have to be pleased with a point.
When you're playing the worst team in the league you have to be gutted with a point.
They were relatively poor individually, but did the basics as a team with more idea about mobility and passing.

Darlo were sloppy until Turnbull came on and passed the ball around with some purpose, beyond just getting rid of it.