Transfer

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

bga
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Transfer

Post by bga » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:50 pm

bga wrote:
My opinion wrote:
bga wrote:
Beano wrote:
Radar wrote:
we can't be scrutinising decisions MG and the board are making to try and make us better.
Nonsense. We can and should be doing exactly that.
No one believes as a Fan owned club we should scrutinise every decision the Board and MG make. However, there are some big financial and football decisions that are legitimate ones that should be debated on here. This in my view is certainly one of them based on the info the Board provided at the time, and the fact we have not got the best out of a big money signing.

I don't really know what you mean by that comment...In my opinion we did get value for money if, as stated, we got back £10k of the £15k outlay.
Hardy scored some big goals for us last season, and at the start of this season he gave us somewhere around 7 goals in the first 14 games..We have had a lot of players over the 5 years who have given us very little..
Good luck to the lad, I hope he goes on to score plenty more for Buxton.
Firstly I liked Hardy a lot, I thought he did always put in a shift when I have seen him play, and am sad to see him go, and obviously wish him well back at Buxton. I stand by my opinion that we did not get the best out of him in that he was not a regular this season, but we have to assume that along with the original transfer fee, he was one of the more highly paid players at the Club. His goals per game record is good, but he did not play that many games, hence I still maintain we did not get the best out of him. But as we all know football is all about opinions so I am not going to lose any sleep over this!
Shock horror Gramps you and I actually agree on something! :wave: