Tonight's results

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Vodka_Vic
Team Supported: Darlington

Tonight's results

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:43 pm

Telford 0-6 Brackley.

Doesn't worry me. We still have Brackley to play so it's in our hands against them.

Alfreton 1-0 Halifax

Great result there. They're a point ahead with a game in hand.

QUAKERMAN2

Re: Tonight's results

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:52 pm

We are not the only team dropping silly points Adam, there will be more to come without doubt, still have a great chance for the playoffs if we can tighten things at the back because we have goals in us.Stalybridge will be another tough game looking at their recent highlights videos and look too good to be 2nd bottom but still confident we will take the 3 points.Glass half full time.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:15 pm

Other factors that occur to me, with Stalybridge's fixture being postponed, they could be a lot fresher on Saturday. Presume their pitch is in a bit of a state so not lending itself to flowing style of football. Again another game we can't afford to lose and whilst on paper, should be a strong chance for 3 points, probably another close & difficult game.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:00 pm

jjljks wrote:Other factors that occur to me, with Stalybridge's fixture being postponed, they could be a lot fresher on Saturday. Presume their pitch is in a bit of a state so not lending itself to flowing style of football. Again another game we can't afford to lose and whilst on paper, should be a strong chance for 3 points, probably another close & difficult game.
Our opposition seems to manage better with clearing their lines, passing to feet, running and finishing on "bad" pitches. Darlo's lofting of balls randomly is no remedy at all.

Possession seems to be improvable on bad pitches by players positioning themselves into spaces, to have more chance of both receiving and controlling passes.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:09 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:
jjljks wrote:Other factors that occur to me, with Stalybridge's fixture being postponed, they could be a lot fresher on Saturday. Presume their pitch is in a bit of a state so not lending itself to flowing style of football. Again another game we can't afford to lose and whilst on paper, should be a strong chance for 3 points, probably another close & difficult game.
Our opposition seems to manage better with clearing their lines, passing to feet, running and finishing on "bad" pitches. Darlo's lofting of balls randomly is no remedy at all.

Possession seems to be improvable on bad pitches by players positioning themselves into spaces, to have more chance of both receiving and controlling passes.
:lol: Just gets better and better :lol:

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:10 pm

The man is f*cking tapped.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:52 pm

Neil Johnson wrote: Our opposition seems to manage better with clearing their lines, passing to feet, running and finishing on "bad" pitches. Darlo's lofting of balls randomly is no remedy at all.

You go a long way round to saying absolutely nothing.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:17 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:

Am I imagining things or have we only lost 1 game in the last 5? 2 Wins, 2 Draws and 1 defeat. In fact. In the last 10 we have 4 Wins, 4 draws and 2 defeats.

I am sure I saw people actually saying the words 'relegation form'. If you average 8 points every 5 games that is 67 points over a season. How many teams have been relegated on a 67 point haul?

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:37 am

I think you will find that those who were talking about "relegation form" were talking about it in January...At the time we had 1 win, 3 draws and 4 defeats in the previous 8 games..
To use your analogy..We got 6 points in 8 games..That would be about 35 points in a full season and that IS relegation form..So those who were saying that it was "relegation form" were actually correct.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:45 pm

29th January. We had 9 points from 8 games so 45 over a season. Still not convinced that would relegate us.

Although what was done was start the count on the day after we'd had 3 wins on the bounce adjudged form from that point on wards.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:44 pm

lo36789 wrote:29th January. We had 9 points from 8 games so 45 over a season. Still not convinced that would relegate us.

Although what was done was start the count on the day after we'd had 3 wins on the bounce adjudged form from that point on wards.
My point was from your comment ("I am sure I saw people actually saying the words 'relegation form' ") and my dates were taken from November 5th Tamworth away where we lost, through to Saturday 7th January when we lost to Nuneaton Town..As I said 1 win, 3 draws and 4 defeats..A total of 6 points in 8 games..We also drew and lost against Marine during that period..That my friend was "relegation form" AT THAT TIME..Which is what the January comments were about.

Beano

Tonight's results

Post by Beano » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:08 pm

The relegation form comment was borne out of us, at one point, being in the relegation zone on the form table.

I don't think for one second that anyone was suggesting we'd be relegated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk