Early Bird Season Ticket Info to be announced

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

super_les_mcjannet
Team Supported: Darlington

Early Bird Season Ticket Info to be announced

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:29 am

Good to see the club announce this.

Very interested to see how we price these and if we have built in any price increase for next year. I am assuming at the moment we have a price increase either way next year for on the day prices, I know some of us will disagree with an increase (if we stay in Nat North) but I think we will go up by £2 if we were promoted to £14 and if we stay in Nat North it will be £13.

I think the 500 club missing money each year, the actual costs of being at BM & how competitive the league is will result in an increase to support a smallish lift of the budget.
Darlo FC wrote:Fans will soon get the chance to purchase an early bird season ticket for season 2017-18, whether that will be for the Vanarama National or the Vanarama National League North.

There will be more details on the website next week, and the tickets will be available from either Quaker Retail or the DFCSG fans table which from Saturday will be in the Thomas Watson room downstairs bar.
http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/ear ... able-soon/

HarrytheQuaker

Re: Early Bird Season Ticket Info to be announced

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:38 am

I'd love to pay for a season ticket in 3 or 4 equal payments I'm sure this payment method would help fans who can't afford to pay the lump sum even though it's not mega money...

Gow9900

Post by Gow9900 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 pm

Geordie Quaker

Post by Geordie Quaker » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:46 pm

Hmmm, not thrilled with this to be honest:

Firstly, they can't call it a price freeze if prices go up after the early bird deadline (and the wording implies they will). It is an early bird discount, but not a price freeze.

April 15th is far too early for the deadline:

- The season ain't even over man!
- People have other things they budget their money from their March pay pocket for, like summer holidays.
- Also I would have thought the club would be launching some fundraising process late in the season (it would be daft to do it post season when there are no games). They do not want to clash with that.

The real cynic in me worries why they need to make the deadline so early. I know that clubs often use ST revenue to help them through the summer months when they are without other income, but this looks a little desperate to me.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:56 pm

Will be a good bargain if we do go up though also noticed the age for concessions has gone up to 62 must be in line with the government`s retirement plans

DarloDave40

Post by DarloDave40 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:01 pm

Geordie Quaker wrote:Hmmm, not thrilled with this to be honest:

Firstly, they can't call it a price freeze if prices go up after the early bird deadline (and the wording implies they will). It is an early bird discount, but not a price freeze.

- People have other things they budget their money from their March pay pocket for, like summer holidays.
- Also I would have thought the club would be launching some fundraising process late in the season (it would be daft to do it post season when there are no games). They do not want to clash with that.

The real cynic in me worries why they need to make the deadline so early. I know that clubs often use ST revenue to help them through the summer months when they are without other income, but this looks a little desperate to me.
We are a fan funded club what do you expect??
All clubs do it and yes at our level to cover short fall over May- July.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:47 pm

DarloDave40 wrote:

Not sure if I'm barking up the wrong tree here but I thought our players were on 10 month contracts,therefore no wages to pay during the summer which would ease cash flow considerably.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:51 pm

Don't know what to make of the short deadline, does make it seem like we need the money in early but we shouldn't and hopefully it's just to get people to sign up as early as possible.

The part payment element is often tricky can it be seen as a finance agreement and therefore have legal costs to setup or someone else runs it (Zebra finance etc.) and takes a payment.

Adult ST Standing £210 is a decent offer, if the prices below kicked in which are a guess. However these prices are pushing us higher although as a fan owned club with a new home paid for then sometimes you have to pay more and are average for Nat North/National.

Nat North - 21 games * £13 = £273 (Offer of say 2 games off = £247)
National - 23 games * £14 = £322 (Offer of say 2 games off = £294)

Hope they are well backed be good to sell 1k season tickets (including 500 club).
Last edited by super_les_mcjannet on Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarloDave40

Post by DarloDave40 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:52 pm

A good saving if it does go up to £13/14. I'll be getting mine Friday.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:09 pm

Had a look at Kidderminster Harriers offer and compared a little. Their offer ends as of April 14th (they play on the Friday) whilst ours end on Sat 15th when we play Tamworth at home.

All in all slightly cheaper for Adult/Concessions at Darlo, our under 16 prices are way ahead of Kidderminster, they also only charge £1 on the day for under 16's.

Adult Seating
Darlo £260
Kidderminster £275

Concession Seating
Darlo £175
Kidderminster £185

Adult Standing
Darlo £210
Kidderminster £235

Concession Standing
Darlo £125
Kidderminster £130

Under 16
Darlo Seat £75/Stand £45 (Free for Under 5's)
Kidderminster - Free with Adult Season Ticket or £20 Junior Supporters Club

Geordie Quaker

Post by Geordie Quaker » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:54 pm

DarloDave40 wrote:

1 Not all clubs have such an early deadline.

2 People can't just throw the fan owned angle to defend everything. Do you honestly think April 15th isn't too early?

JE93

Post by JE93 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:12 pm

Geordie Quaker wrote:
DarloDave40 wrote:

1 Not all clubs have such an early deadline.

2 People can't just throw the fan owned angle to defend everything. Do you honestly think April 15th isn't too early?
I understand some fans saying it's coming too early in terms of payment date. However, If i was running the club i think i would be doing something similar. An 'Early bird' season ticket before the end of the season, Priced at £200 (Adult Standing). Then a 'saver' offer from 15th April to the 1st June, priced around £220. Finally a regular season ticket priced at £240.

In terms of on the day prices, I'd like to see them frozen for next year. This is a time when 1). we will probably be asking fans to further fund improvements to BM and 2). we should be ramping up marketing activity's to attract new, younger fans to the club in the fair weather summer months.

In reality the only time i'd really like to see them increased is if we're promoted to the National League at which point i think a £15 for Adults , £12 for Concessions+18's - 21's, £8 for 12-16's and £5 for 7-12. under 7's free. Is a fair strategy.

BaronsCourtQuaker

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:13 pm

April 15.

Is this not a deadline to allow us to advertise and push ‘frozen prices’ thereafter there is the excuse to increase the price having given folk the opportunity to not pay more.

DarloDave40

Post by DarloDave40 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:19 pm

BaronsCourtQuaker wrote:April 15.

Is this not a deadline to allow us to advertise and push ‘frozen prices’ thereafter there is the excuse to increase the price having given folk the opportunity to not pay more.
It's an early bird ticket hence most people know prices will be going up for next season £1-£2 likely depending where we end up.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:06 pm

Quite often in the past they've let the deadline slip for buying a season ticket at the lowest price, perhaps the same will happen again this year.