Darlo v BPA Match Thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

super_les_mcjannet
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v BPA Match Thread

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:52 pm

onewayup wrote:I didn't get a team sheet last night ,after about 20 mins I asked was Gillies on the bench,shows how much input josh had in the game ,however he was not the only one most had a poor game, pleased for Harvey Saunders a product of M,G academy.
Maybe players thought it was going to be an easy game so had an eye on Saturday at fylde,

Genuine question for those that say Saunders is a product of MG Academy.

Is he actually from the academy, he didn't play for our Under 18's as far as I know and was at Darlo RA in 2015 when he was about 17 (scoring a lot of goals) before signing for Bishop Auckland and ending up with us some point last season.

He signed a contract with us in the summer and was loaned out to Ryhope and Dunston this year.

I like the lad and he is certainly proving his worth but I don't know if he ever went to MG's academy.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:18 pm

In the last few years of success the one area we haven't so far been successful is developing and giving an extended chance to home-grown youngsters. I remember before the Evo Stik playoffs we fielded virtually an entire team of youth team players for the final game of the season and they won the match and some of them looked very promising but where are they now? Getting some youngsters breaking into the first team and staying there would be great for the club going forward. But of course we do face the major obstacle of the North-east's top sides hoovering up the cream of the crop.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:02 pm

sada8022 wrote:
JE93 wrote:Massive result for us tonight and brilliant for Saunders to get the goal. That's 2 important goals he's got for us now. 6 to go.

Glad to see Gillies back in the starting 11, hasn't set the world alight recently but he is a player who can just make things happen. I think barring maybe Galbraith for Burgess at CB the one that started tonight is our strongest team.

Just our of interest where did Saunders come from? MG academy? Northern League? DFC youth teams?

Gillies did not have a good game he keeps going backwards , he even turned back onto his wrong foot at one stage, Cartman gives us more.
Gillies gives us more goals, based on this seasons stats.

I think Cartman is a decent player, but the system we are playing doesn't suit him. I think the system we are playing suits our best players, so Cartman is a bit unlucky with the change of formation.

Now, Gillies didn't have a particularly good game last night, but he did create one of our few decent chances. I agree with JE93 - bar that one change, last nights line up was probably our strongest, and is certainly what I'd go with on Saturday.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:23 pm

TDS wrote:Boring game for me, however we could've won 3-0 if the two off the woodwork went in. Fergusons pass to Thommo that went out summed up the first half mind.

We need the seats back from HP, put them in the same location and people will have more of a space to sit, kids cant see over the fencing and are mainly occupying themselves. I enjoyed HP more for some reason, but can see the potential in where we are.

Takes the pressure off for Saturday now.
Heartily agree with everything except the bit about taking the pressure off for Saturday. ALL matches now are vital. :clap:

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:18 pm

quaker4life wrote:
TFDM wrote:I don't think we were as bad as some people made out last night. There is a difference between a match being entertaining and a team playing poorly. It wasn't brilliant last night and I'm not saying we played superbly but we've played worse than this. Bradford PA looked half decent and organised and on a decent run of form - particularly away from home. This was never going to be easy.

The first half was a bit dull, granted. However we did actually try and play football in spells. Second half was better, we got more width and players got closer to Beck to pick up his pieces. We've hit the post twice, had couple flash across the face of goal and eventually scored a goal after rolling the dice and throwing on extra forwards.

At this stage of the season I'll take this result over entertainment any day of the week.
Utter nonsense.

The game last night was exactly as poor as described.
Not utter nonsense to me. I thought the game was entertaining - it was end to end, there were talking points, it was tense but we got the three points in the end. I like the evening games at B.M... they have a better atmosphere.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:37 pm

Many people near me were commenting that the game were awful , not good if floating fans were there and expecting them to return