Temp seats at bishop ??

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Re: Temp seats at bishop ??

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:23 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
dfcdfcdfc wrote:The other advantage would be that if we can get 730 odd seats into the tin shed we already meet the first phase of the FL target of 1000 seats in two stands which would give us 3 years to raise money for the deeper stands on the side opposite club house.
Certainly gets us to where we need to be quicker. I still think that long term, moving the pitch to the right so that the pipe intersects the corners makes sense. Never know, we may need the space when we do a Swansea/Bournemouth
Sliding the pitch does make sense. The cost of moving the tin shed would be a concern, as would whether the rugby club would be happy with their balcony and club house being stuck in the corner of the ground.

Really not sure you are going to get that many seats in the tin shed. I don't think the steps are wide enough to give you the leg room needed for seats as they are, so maybe something like 600 seats max. Plus I like standing in the tin shed, its the only decent view at the moment!

Any plan that works I am happy with.
You may not even need to move it... leave the structure where it is and make it deeper maybe... Immediately you increase the capacity of the ground... Then you have 1.5 sides of the pitch to choose from for seats and the whole area behind the opposite goal... I don't think the balcony would be a problem. It would put you in line with the penalty area... moving the pitch to the right now rather than further down the line will minimise the cost before we build even more structures than we have now... As I said the current seats wouldn't even need to be moved as the pitch is only going sideways

Yarblockos
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Yarblockos » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:08 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:You may not even need to move it... leave the structure where it is and make it deeper maybe... Immediately you increase the capacity of the ground... Then you have 1.5 sides of the pitch to choose from for seats and the whole area behind the opposite goal... I don't think the balcony would be a problem. It would put you in line with the penalty area... moving the pitch to the right now rather than further down the line will minimise the cost before we build even more structures than we have now... As I said the current seats wouldn't even need to be moved as the pitch is only going sideways
A few people have made the suggestion that moving the pitch solves a lot of our problems and it certainly does seem like this is one way to prevent an enormous amount of difficulty in the future.

When you say make the tin shed deeper, do you mean buidling over the top of the existing concrete and adding a new roof, rather than adding steps to the back?

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:27 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:You may not even need to move it... leave the structure where it is and make it deeper maybe... Immediately you increase the capacity of the ground... Then you have 1.5 sides of the pitch to choose from for seats and the whole area behind the opposite goal... I don't think the balcony would be a problem. It would put you in line with the penalty area... moving the pitch to the right now rather than further down the line will minimise the cost before we build even more structures than we have now... As I said the current seats wouldn't even need to be moved as the pitch is only going sideways
A few people have made the suggestion that moving the pitch solves a lot of our problems and it certainly does seem like this is one way to prevent an enormous amount of difficulty in the future.

When you say make the tin shed deeper, do you mean buidling over the top of the existing concrete and adding a new roof, rather than adding steps to the back?
Yeah pretty much although would the roof need to be made higher? Isn't it pretty much the same height it was at Feethams where it was twice as deep?

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:31 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
Yarblockos wrote:

Yeah pretty much although would the roof need to be made higher? Isn't it pretty much the same height it was at Feethams where it was twice as deep?
Height wise it's fine, but it wouldn't cover all the steps.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:37 pm

I wonder what the price would have been for the stand if we actually brought both sets of seating from Heritage Park and put them both under cover, compared to the purchase of the new seating and stand.

I think the majority of the costs are associated with the seating rather than the stand structure.

We would have actually had the required number of seats.

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:44 pm

quakerste wrote:I wonder what the price would have been for the stand if we actually brought both sets of seating from Heritage Park and put them both under cover, compared to the purchase of the new seating and stand.

I think the majority of the costs are associated with the seating rather than the stand structure.

We would have actually had the required number of seats.

That is what this actual post is all about. Getting them seats from bishop and getting them made a permanent stand to maybe sit along side the othet seated side at blackwell im theory should not cost as much as 150k for a new seated stand and can be hopefully sorted by and up by next march. I just dont like the idea of trying to raise 150k and having a new seated stand built and finished by march next year

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:46 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
Yarblockos wrote:

Height wise it's fine, but it wouldn't cover all the steps.
True... I doubt it would cost much to extend it to cover additional steps.

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:47 pm

The Tin Shed isn't as big as it used to be, the steelwork was cut before being put up at BM
Think before posting

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:20 pm

BUSHEAD wrote:The Tin Shed isn't as big as it used to be, the steelwork was cut before being put up at BM

Ah right but ee would still get quite a few seats in tho bushead if we need yo change from standing to seating

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:22 pm

Also a question for those about moving the pitch would we have to keep the pitch the same size specially at the back of both goals isn't it something to do with the rugby rules

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:29 pm

Craig09 wrote:Also a question for those about moving the pitch would we have to keep the pitch the same size specially at the back of both goals isn't it something to do with the rugby rules
Yeah it would be the same size you just shift it up a few yards so looking at the pic with the red lines showing the pipe above, just move the pitch to the right so that the pipe intersects the corners. So re draw the pitch a few metres along. Same dimensions. The club will then be in the corner so you have the rest of that side, all of the opposite side and the whole area behind the goal... It really does solve the whole problem of how we physically get the stands in. And it shouldn't cost too much.

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:34 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
Craig09 wrote:Also a question for those about moving the pitch would we have to keep the pitch the same size specially at the back of both goals isn't it something to do with the rugby rules
Yeah it would be the same size you just shift it up a few yards so looking at the pic with the red lines showing the pipe above, just move the pitch to the right so that the pipe intersects the corners. The club will then be in the corner so you have the rest of that side, all of the opposite side and the whole area behind the goal... It really does solve the whole problem of how we physically get the stands in. And it shouldn't cost too much.

Ah right so the main pipe goes from corner to corner, good idea but a very big job but something that has to be looked at

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:39 pm

Craig09 wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
Yeah it would be the same size you just shift it up a few yards so looking at the pic with the red lines showing the pipe above, just move the pitch to the right so that the pipe intersects the corners. The club will then be in the corner so you have the rest of that side, all of the opposite side and the whole area behind the goal... It really does solve the whole problem of how we physically get the stands in. And it shouldn't cost too much.

Ah right so the main pipe goes from corner to corner, good idea but a very big job but something that has to be looked at
Yep exactly. Would it be that expensive? I suppose the flood lighting... The ground work won't be that costly surely?

You could leave the stands there and make the tin shed deeper... At the very least the seated stand won't need moving. Long term it provides us with the space to develop a FL worthy ground. Best do it now while there are only a few structures to move

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:34 pm

Swans, please stop repeating the same thing about making the tin shed deeper. It can't easily be done. The structure of the roof supports the terrace slabs itself. Th only way you can make it deeper is by casting the horizontal supports. It would be cheaper to rip it down and start again.

This thread is about the temporary seats. I'm sure their part is not finished in our story. BE it to raise cash, or to be used. But there is a vast difference between a temporary structure, a semi permanent and a permanent one.

The two stands at Bish are at present firmly in the temporary sector. The rake is a different depth and height than those at BM, so we couldn't use them to extend the stand westwards with ease. and the actual cost of the seats is actually a relatively small part in the cost of a new structure. The roof and base are much more costly. As such raising the capital to build from new is the most sensible option.

Paying to move them, and place them elsewhere in the ground now, may generate further costs along the way as they will alley certainly hinder future developments.

Far better to raise the money for an extension to get us to the nExt step, and let the due diligence happen to allow a long term plan to be formulated. This includes working with the rugby club, as most people are forgetting that we're planning on developing their land.

Since 2012, this club has scraped by, with no clear plan, partly because the people behind the scenes haven't had chance to settle. This make do and mend has benefitted the playing side, but recent events have shown that things really now need to be implemented for the middle to longer term. This could take months to come to an affordable, logical and collectively acceptable outcome.

In the meanwhile, we have an asset up at Bish, which is essentially in storage, that we know can be utilised when it is required. But only if that is both financially viable at that point in time, and for the foreseeable future.

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:58 am

dickdarlington wrote:Swans, please stop repeating the same thing about making the tin shed deeper. It can't easily be done. The structure of the roof supports the terrace slabs itself. Th only way you can make it deeper is by casting the horizontal supports. It would be cheaper to rip it down and start again.

This thread is about the temporary seats. I'm sure their part is not finished in our story. BE it to raise cash, or to be used. But there is a vast difference between a temporary structure, a semi permanent and a permanent one.

The two stands at Bish are at present firmly in the temporary sector. The rake is a different depth and height than those at BM, so we couldn't use them to extend the stand westwards with ease. and the actual cost of the seats is actually a relatively small part in the cost of a new structure. The roof and base are much more costly. As such raising the capital to build from new is the most sensible option.

Paying to move them, and place them elsewhere in the ground now, may generate further costs along the way as they will alley certainly hinder future developments.

Far better to raise the money for an extension to get us to the nExt step, and let the due diligence happen to allow a long term plan to be formulated. This includes working with the rugby club, as most people are forgetting that we're planning on developing their land.

Since 2012, this club has scraped by, with no clear plan, partly because the people behind the scenes haven't had chance to settle. This make do and mend has benefitted the playing side, but recent events have shown that things really now need to be implemented for the middle to longer term. This could take months to come to an affordable, logical and collectively acceptable outcome.

In the meanwhile, we have an asset up at Bish, which is essentially in storage, that we know can be utilised when it is required. But only if that is both financially viable at that point in time, and for the foreseeable future.
Ok don't make it deeper. It can be moved cheaply anyway, the company that made it have confirmed that.

Bringing the seats from Bishop is probably essential now anyway because a lack of planning means that we already have less than a year to raise the reported 150k not to mention build it ready for inspection in March 18.

But along with the short term solutions we need some long term thinking and if we are planning on spending money on the pitch in the summer it has to include moving it to the right so we maximise space by ensuring the pipe does not have the impact it currently has... Given we presumably need money for that as well we really need to crack on because this should start in the next few weeks as the season ends

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:04 am

No need now to spend a penny on the pitch. Leave it as it is, 5 wins in a row at home we are unbeatable.

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:14 am

The pitch has to be done - it is a condition of the FSIF grant. It is only because work started so late last year that we were given dispensation to wait until this summer.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:01 pm

banktopp wrote:No need now to spend a penny on the pitch. Leave it as it is, 5 wins in a row at home we are unbeatable.
Yes, I see! Our lads now have local knowledge & know where the bobbles are. All we have to do now is get some grass down, do the drains and placate the grant people :shh:

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:36 pm

Another problem with the pitch tho we have to raise 40k to finish that before even thinking about this 150k for the seats

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:30 pm

banktopp wrote:No need now to spend a penny on the pitch. Leave it as it is, 5 wins in a row at home we are unbeatable.
Haha,I was thinking the same!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:05 pm

Craig09 wrote:Another problem with the pitch tho we have to raise 40k to finish that before even thinking about this 150k for the seats
Just wait on Friday before jumping to conclusions. It may be that £150k is a target and includes the pitch - it may not. Probably just worth holding breathe until announced properly.

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:18 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Craig09 wrote:Another problem with the pitch tho we have to raise 40k to finish that before even thinking about this 150k for the seats
Just wait on Friday before jumping to conclusions. It may be that £150k is a target and includes the pitch - it may not. Probably just worth holding breathe until announced properly.

Who said i was jumping to conclusions its what i was told but yes your right we will see friday