Advertise Here
You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:34 am View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:36 am
Posts: 1246
Team Supported: Darlington
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Just got back... Played well against a very poor side and should of been at least 6 or 7 haven't got a clue how it weren't but a good win,, left the ground feeling more deflated than when I heard the news it's such a bloody shame, the atmosphere with the darlo fans were very very flat and you could see by MG at the end that he were very dejected and so were the players but credit to them they are winners... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!


I wasn't going to go today but I am glad I did, good performance from the lads, I came away feeling the exact opposite to you 'Harry Q' last few days have been tough as a Darlo supporter, but the effort they put in today well it raised my spirits. :thumbup:

_________________
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Posts: 1480
Team Supported: Darlington
Not sure quite how it happened but that save after cartman's backheel hit the post in the first half looked superb from the far end


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Posts: 1780
Team Supported: Darlington
poppyfield wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Just got back... Played well against a very poor side and should of been at least 6 or 7 haven't got a clue how it weren't but a good win,, left the ground feeling more deflated than when I heard the news it's such a bloody shame, the atmosphere with the darlo fans were very very flat and you could see by MG at the end that he were very dejected and so were the players but credit to them they are winners... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!


I wasn't going to go today but I am glad I did, good performance from the lads, I came away feeling the exact opposite to you 'Harry Q' last few days have been tough as a Darlo supporter, but the effort they put in today well it raised my spirits. :thumbup:

It feels like it's always been tough been a Darlo supporter but I love the team where I were born and always will... I will never feel like BM is our home ( it's gonna be a waste of supporters time and money)and never will I don't care what people say that's my feelings but I will always be there supporting the club in any way I can...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:19 pm
Posts: 734
Location: United States
Team Supported: Darlington
Just back from the match, thanks to Dave for the lift. I had a great day out today.

Due to the news over the last few days, I can say confidently that the team performed very solidly today. Alfreton tried hard without any noticeable success, and it remained tight until Josh Gillies made it 2-0, quickly followed by Terry Galbraith's penalty. After that Alfreton looked despondent for a while, before continuing to play hard until the end. I was impressed by the back four, especially David Ferguson, Terry Galbraith also looks as though he could seriously compete to play as a regular central defender, the midfield played well, Phil Turnbull had a lot of time and space on the ball, constantly supporting any player in possession, Stephen Thompson and Josh Gillies had very good games playing wide, Mark Beck had a good game upfront, Nathan Cartman played very well also, he was unlucky not to score.
In summary, considering the uncertainty of an appeal that may not be successful to put the Quakers in the playoffs, an A grade, what more can be asked than an away win, a clean sheet, very few chances for Alfreton, and heads not falling. A very good 90 minute performance.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:40 pm
Posts: 1161
Team Supported: Darlington
It was a good disciplined performance from the lads today against a battling team.

Our fans seemed despondent, but showed their appreciation with a standing ovation at the end.

Although there was an end of season vibe at the end I came away feeling that the players and management should be fully supported by the fans and locals to reach the highest position possible.

Our guys deserve a play-off place on their CV's for future, playing, coaching, management roles.

We fans should concentrate on getting behind the guys now and set aside the "Seat Gate" debacle for later.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Posts: 1780
Team Supported: Darlington
Neil Johnson wrote:
It was a good disciplined performance from the lads today against a battling team.

Our fans seemed despondent, but showed their appreciation with a standing ovation at the end.

Although there was an end of season vibe at the end I came away feeling that the players and management should be fully supported by the fans and locals to reach the highest position possible.

Our guys deserve a play-off place on their CV's for future, playing, coaching, management roles.

We fans should concentrate on getting behind the guys now and set aside the "Seat Gate" debacle for later.

WTF.... God you are an annoying twat


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:14 pm
Posts: 4007
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn
Vodka_Vic wrote:
Or the pressure being off then they relaxed.

BTW I don't think that spending a larger budget this season is a waste. We've grown the team in a year. They're getting better and better and hopefully if MG can keep the team together then we'll be up there next year. Also MG has been able to experiment with formations.


That is the only sadness that we are denied a playoff place just when the team are really finding their stride. Some of the football in the last few games has proved we are more than a long ball side. Thoroughly deserved victory today.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 10304
Team Supported: Darlington
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Neil Johnson wrote:
It was a good disciplined performance from the lads today against a battling team.

Our fans seemed despondent, but showed their appreciation with a standing ovation at the end.

Although there was an end of season vibe at the end I came away feeling that the players and management should be fully supported by the fans and locals to reach the highest position possible.

Our guys deserve a play-off place on their CV's for future, playing, coaching, management roles.

We fans should concentrate on getting behind the guys now and set aside the "Seat Gate" debacle for later.

WTF.... God you are an annoying twat

To be honest, I'd take him over you right now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Posts: 1780
Team Supported: Darlington
Spyman wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Neil Johnson wrote:
It was a good disciplined performance from the lads today against a battling team.

Our fans seemed despondent, but showed their appreciation with a standing ovation at the end.

Although there was an end of season vibe at the end I came away feeling that the players and management should be fully supported by the fans and locals to reach the highest position possible.

Our guys deserve a play-off place on their CV's for future, playing, coaching, management roles.

We fans should concentrate on getting behind the guys now and set aside the "Seat Gate" debacle for later.

WTF.... God you are an annoying twat

To be honest, I'd take him over you right now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Why what's your problem??


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:33 pm
Posts: 893
Team Supported: Darlington
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Spyman wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Neil Johnson wrote:
It was a good disciplined performance from the lads today against a battling team.

Our fans seemed despondent, but showed their appreciation with a standing ovation at the end.

Although there was an end of season vibe at the end I came away feeling that the players and management should be fully supported by the fans and locals to reach the highest position possible.

Our guys deserve a play-off place on their CV's for future, playing, coaching, management roles.

We fans should concentrate on getting behind the guys now and set aside the "Seat Gate" debacle for later.

WTF.... God you are an annoying twat

To be honest, I'd take him over you right now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Why what's your problem??


A reasonable post from Neil with your unnecessary abuse.

Pointless.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Posts: 728
Team Supported: Darlington
No need Harry, can't understand what Neil says that's annoying!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:06 pm
Posts: 607
Team Supported: Darlington
Beano wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Spyman wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Neil Johnson wrote:
It was a good disciplined performance from the lads today against a battling team.

Our fans seemed despondent, but showed their appreciation with a standing ovation at the end.

Although there was an end of season vibe at the end I came away feeling that the players and management should be fully supported by the fans and locals to reach the highest position possible.

Our guys deserve a play-off place on their CV's for future, playing, coaching, management roles.

We fans should concentrate on getting behind the guys now and set aside the "Seat Gate" debacle for later.

WTF.... God you are an annoying twat

To be honest, I'd take him over you right now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Why what's your problem??


A reasonable post from Neil with your unnecessary abuse.

Pointless.



Agreed, Neil is as passionate a supporter as any of us. Yes sometimes you have to decipher some of his posts more than you'd like but his heart is Darlo just like ours.

_________________
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:23 pm
Posts: 1533
Team Supported: Darlington
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Neil Johnson wrote:
It was a good disciplined performance from the lads today against a battling team.

Our fans seemed despondent, but showed their appreciation with a standing ovation at the end.

Although there was an end of season vibe at the end I came away feeling that the players and management should be fully supported by the fans and locals to reach the highest position possible.

Our guys deserve a play-off place on their CV's for future, playing, coaching, management roles.

We fans should concentrate on getting behind the guys now and set aside the "Seat Gate" debacle for later.

WTF.... God you are an annoying twat



Been on the sherry HTQ?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 1472
Team Supported: Darlington
Worth a look.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv9xHGrqoA0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Posts: 1780
Team Supported: Darlington
I apologise to NEIL yes I've had a few , I'm still feeling peed off I will quiet down now ... Sorry GUYS!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9160
Team Supported: Darlington
LoidLucan wrote:


Thanks for that, they were good highlights and the commentary was very fair. Good turn out of Darlo fans.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Posts: 108
Team Supported: Darlington
tdk1 wrote:
Not sure quite how it happened but that save after cartman's backheel hit the post in the first half looked superb from the far end


Looks pretty good on the highlights too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWW-lV8D4yI, about 2 minutes in. Can’t quite make out why Beck didn’t go for the rebound off the post.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 924
Team Supported: Darlington
Could easily have scored 5/6 looking at them highlights


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group