Alfreton v Darlo match thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Alfreton v Darlo match thread

Post by poppyfield » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:39 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:Just got back... Played well against a very poor side and should of been at least 6 or 7 haven't got a clue how it weren't but a good win,, left the ground feeling more deflated than when I heard the news it's such a bloody shame, the atmosphere with the darlo fans were very very flat and you could see by MG at the end that he were very dejected and so were the players but credit to them they are winners... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!
I wasn't going to go today but I am glad I did, good performance from the lads, I came away feeling the exact opposite to you 'Harry Q' last few days have been tough as a Darlo supporter, but the effort they put in today well it raised my spirits. :thumbup:
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:42 pm

Not sure quite how it happened but that save after cartman's backheel hit the post in the first half looked superb from the far end

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:59 pm

poppyfield wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:Just got back... Played well against a very poor side and should of been at least 6 or 7 haven't got a clue how it weren't but a good win,, left the ground feeling more deflated than when I heard the news it's such a bloody shame, the atmosphere with the darlo fans were very very flat and you could see by MG at the end that he were very dejected and so were the players but credit to them they are winners... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!
I wasn't going to go today but I am glad I did, good performance from the lads, I came away feeling the exact opposite to you 'Harry Q' last few days have been tough as a Darlo supporter, but the effort they put in today well it raised my spirits. :thumbup:
It feels like it's always been tough been a Darlo supporter but I love the team where I were born and always will... I will never feel like BM is our home ( it's gonna be a waste of supporters time and money)and never will I don't care what people say that's my feelings but I will always be there supporting the club in any way I can...

Ginge01

Post by Ginge01 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:13 pm

Just back from the match, thanks to Dave for the lift. I had a great day out today.

Due to the news over the last few days, I can say confidently that the team performed very solidly today. Alfreton tried hard without any noticeable success, and it remained tight until Josh Gillies made it 2-0, quickly followed by Terry Galbraith's penalty. After that Alfreton looked despondent for a while, before continuing to play hard until the end. I was impressed by the back four, especially David Ferguson, Terry Galbraith also looks as though he could seriously compete to play as a regular central defender, the midfield played well, Phil Turnbull had a lot of time and space on the ball, constantly supporting any player in possession, Stephen Thompson and Josh Gillies had very good games playing wide, Mark Beck had a good game upfront, Nathan Cartman played very well also, he was unlucky not to score.
In summary, considering the uncertainty of an appeal that may not be successful to put the Quakers in the playoffs, an A grade, what more can be asked than an away win, a clean sheet, very few chances for Alfreton, and heads not falling. A very good 90 minute performance.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:34 pm

It was a good disciplined performance from the lads today against a battling team.

Our fans seemed despondent, but showed their appreciation with a standing ovation at the end.

Although there was an end of season vibe at the end I came away feeling that the players and management should be fully supported by the fans and locals to reach the highest position possible.

Our guys deserve a play-off place on their CV's for future, playing, coaching, management roles.

We fans should concentrate on getting behind the guys now and set aside the "Seat Gate" debacle for later.

HarrytheQuaker

Alfreton v Darlo match thread

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:37 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:It was a good disciplined performance from the lads today against a battling team.

Our fans seemed despondent, but showed their appreciation with a standing ovation at the end.

Although there was an end of season vibe at the end I came away feeling that the players and management should be fully supported by the fans and locals to reach the highest position possible.

Our guys deserve a play-off place on their CV's for future, playing, coaching, management roles.

We fans should concentrate on getting behind the guys now and set aside the "Seat Gate" debacle for later.
WTF.... God you are an annoying twat

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:58 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Or the pressure being off then they relaxed.

BTW I don't think that spending a larger budget this season is a waste. We've grown the team in a year. They're getting better and better and hopefully if MG can keep the team together then we'll be up there next year. Also MG has been able to experiment with formations.
That is the only sadness that we are denied a playoff place just when the team are really finding their stride. Some of the football in the last few games has proved we are more than a long ball side. Thoroughly deserved victory today.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:18 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Neil Johnson wrote:It was a good disciplined performance from the lads today against a battling team.

To be honest, I'd take him over you right now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:57 pm

Spyman wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:

Why what's your problem??

Beano

Post by Beano » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:24 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Spyman wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:

A reasonable post from Neil with your unnecessary abuse.

Pointless.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:34 pm

No need Harry, can't understand what Neil says that's annoying!

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:37 pm

Beano wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Spyman wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:

A reasonable post from Neil with your unnecessary abuse.

Pointless.

Agreed, Neil is as passionate a supporter as any of us. Yes sometimes you have to decipher some of his posts more than you'd like but his heart is Darlo just like ours.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:05 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:

Been on the sherry HTQ?

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:20 am

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:43 am

I apologise to NEIL yes I've had a few , I'm still feeling peed off I will quiet down now ... Sorry GUYS!!!!!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:14 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Worth a look.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv9xHGrqoA0
Thanks for that, they were good highlights and the commentary was very fair. Good turn out of Darlo fans.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:27 pm

tdk1 wrote:Not sure quite how it happened but that save after cartman's backheel hit the post in the first half looked superb from the far end
Looks pretty good on the highlights too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWW-lV8D4yI, about 2 minutes in. Can’t quite make out why Beck didn’t go for the rebound off the post.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:14 pm

Could easily have scored 5/6 looking at them highlights