Advertise Here
You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:11 am View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Appeal
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Posts: 1033
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlobaz79 wrote:
The rules allow the 6th or 7th place team to compete in the play-offs should any of the teams in the play-off positions not be allowed to participate.


In NLS that may be be necessary given Hungerford & Poole are non compliant

_________________
_________________________________________________________________
Follow me on

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Appeal
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:25 pm
Posts: 597
Team Supported: Darlington
Understand all this talk of the appeal and how the rules may or may not affect the team, but aren't we missing one basic fact?

We haven't made the play-offs yet?? :think:
(Don't want to sound like a defeatist but cant we make the Play-Offs first then think about what will or wont be)

We could lose the last 2 games and finish 6th :silent:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Appeal
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 2908
Team Supported: Darlington
Wealdstone are the 4th team to be caught up in this 500 seats/playoff saga.

A quick look on their fans forum (stones net.forum) finds a ten page thread entitled "playoff dream" which started on 8th March.

It is full of misunderstandings,gossip,clandestine plans and dodgy info re Poole, Hungerford and themselves.

It seems that in the Conference South, the FA rules have started a kind of playoff of stadiums situation between 3 teams. Wealdstone possibly trying the Shaun Cambell approach of banging in the seats pronto!

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Appeal
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:43 pm
Posts: 41
Location: Bathgate, West Lothian
Team Supported: Darlington
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Wealdstone are the 4th team to be caught up in this 500 seats/playoff saga.

A quick look on their fans forum (stones net.forum) finds a ten page thread entitled "playoff dream" which started on 8th March.

It is full of misunderstandings,gossip,clandestine plans and dodgy info re Poole, Hungerford and themselves.

It seems that in the Conference South, the FA rules have started a kind of playoff of stadiums situation between 3 teams. Wealdstone possibly trying the Shaun Cambell approach of banging in the seats pronto!


But after yesterday it is Poole or Hungerford for the last play off position with Hampton & Richmond waiting to take their place. Whether the appeals are successful or not, Wealdstone won't be in the play-offs


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Appeal
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 2908
Team Supported: Darlington
Wealdstone may feel they could pass ground grading whilst the others fail - and of course there is one game left. So it could still be possible for them.

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Appeal
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 pm
Posts: 457
Team Supported: Darlington
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Wealdstone are the 4th team to be caught up in this 500 seats/playoff saga.

A quick look on their fans forum (stones net.forum) finds a ten page thread entitled "playoff dream" which started on 8th March.

It is full of misunderstandings,gossip,clandestine plans and dodgy info re Poole, Hungerford and themselves.

It seems that in the Conference South, the FA rules have started a kind of playoff of stadiums situation between 3 teams. Wealdstone possibly trying the Shaun Cambell approach of banging in the seats pronto!


I wonder how realistic the Shaun Campbell approach was ever likely to be? Was he going to come in at the last minute and save the day again? Of course, it begs the question that if the board had revealed their predicament back in February when they first knew, it might have enabled someone to come forward as a saviour. Could it be done in 7 days? Logistically I'm not sure it was possible.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Appeal
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 2908
Team Supported: Darlington
Yarblockos wrote:
it begs the question that if the board had revealed their predicament back in February when they first knew, it might have enabled someone to come forward as a saviour.


There's no doubt that the board found themselves in a very tricky position. We all have differing views but personally I would have preferred the board to have to have done just that.

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Appeal
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Posts: 862
Team Supported: Darlington
Got Brain fog when is the Appeal being considered by the FA?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Appeal
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9505
Team Supported: Darlington
I believe it will be heard on Wednesday.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Appeal
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Posts: 862
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I believe it will be heard on Wednesday.

The Non League Paper said "this week."
Timing is interesting as if we are excluded, as I suspect we will be, Chorley & Stockport could argue we have nothing to play for on Saturday so Salford have an unfair advantage? I still expect us to put in a performance and deny them a place should still be a cracking game either way!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Appeal
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:27 am
Posts: 1117
Location: Newton Aycliffe
Team Supported: Darlington
Quote:
I wonder how realistic the Shaun Campbell approach was ever likely to be? Was he going to come in at the last minute and save the day again? Of course, it begs the question that if the board had revealed their predicament back in February when they first knew, it might have enabled someone to come forward as a saviour. Could it be done in 7 days? Logistically I'm not sure it was possible.


I thought the seats had to be in place 31st March.

_________________
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Appeal
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 2908
Team Supported: Darlington
Makka Pakka wrote:
Quote:
I wonder how realistic the Shaun Campbell approach was ever likely to be? Was he going to come in at the last minute and save the day again? Of course, it begs the question that if the board had revealed their predicament back in February when they first knew, it might have enabled someone to come forward as a saviour. Could it be done in 7 days? Logistically I'm not sure it was possible.


I thought the seats had to be in place 31st March.


They did!! S.C. wanted to go for it, and get them in anyway, to call the F.A's bluff!

Audacious...

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Appeal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:33 pm
Posts: 376
Location: Nottingham
Team Supported: Darlington
Looks like the appeal hearing will be today at 1.30pm

http://www.pooletownfc.co.uk/playoff-appeal-update/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Appeal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9505
Team Supported: Darlington
At least in the South Division, either Poole or Hungerford will definitely be in a playoff spot, so the FA can't hope that none of us will make a playoff spot at the end of the season. Good to know that a decision will be made today, so everybody will know what will happen before the final game of the season.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Appeal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Posts: 7494
Location: Liverpool
Team Supported: Darlington
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
They did!! S.C. wanted to go for it, and get them in anyway, to call the F.A's bluff!

Audacious...


See I could see this working if it wasn't the temporary seats.

If between 31st March and appeal day you built a permanent structure it would be interesting as the rule is clearly there to mean you are ready from day 1 of a potential national league season...well you are.

It does bring into question what relevant the 31st March has - it should really be by final game of normal league season.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Appeal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Posts: 862
Team Supported: Darlington
Is it a good omen that last time we appeared at Wembley we won?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Appeal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Posts: 1033
Team Supported: Darlington
lo36789 wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
They did!! S.C. wanted to go for it, and get them in anyway, to call the F.A's bluff!

Audacious...


See I could see this working if it wasn't the temporary seats.

If between 31st March and appeal day you built a permanent structure it would be interesting as the rule is clearly there to mean you are ready from day 1 of a potential national league season...well you are.

It does bring into question what relevant the 31st March has - it should really be by final game of normal league season.



Presumably 31st March is date so that issues can be sorted out before play offs etc start.

What would happen if date of last game had been used? Then Darlington and the others appeal...play offs would have to be postponed...fixtures could not be compiled...league AGMs could not be held and clubs would not know which divisions they would be in next season. Remember the FA move some clubs according to league boundaries...imagine for example Rushden compiling a squad to play in NPL 1 South and picking players based North of Rushden and then finding they are instead in the Southern League and having to travel to south coast with players based as far north as say Sheffield

31 March date applies at all levels of the pyramid

_________________
_________________________________________________________________
Follow me on

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Appeal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5380
Team Supported: Darlington
bga wrote:
Is it a good omen that last time we appeared at Wembley we won?


Last time at Wembley we were told relegation to the NL and a name change was compulsory.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Appeal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Posts: 1033
Team Supported: Darlington
loan_star wrote:
bga wrote:
Is it a good omen that last time we appeared at Wembley we won?


Last time at Wembley we were told relegation to the NL and a name change was compulsory.



Last time surely Darlo got rid of the numbers "1883"? - that must be a win

_________________
_________________________________________________________________
Follow me on

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Appeal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:07 am
Posts: 322
Team Supported: Darlington
lifted from that Poole Town link:

"The FA will hold the hearing at Wembley, and has been scheduled for 1:30pm on Wednesday the 26th of April. Vice-Chairman Chris Reeves will be representing the club.

The hearing will be held before an independent appeal board. All three appeals (Poole Town, Darlington, and Hungerford) will be heard together in one consolidated hearing.

The club expect a decision to be made on the day, meaning there should be no delay to the current Playoff schedule."

Do we know who's gone down to represent us? I'd assume John Tempest...?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Appeal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 32
Team Supported: Darlington
FA don't seem to be in a good mood today, Joey Barton's just received an 18 month ban:
http://www.thefa.com/home/news/2017/apr ... ned-260417


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Appeal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:40 pm
Posts: 1176
Team Supported: Darlington
Feethams 1966 wrote:
An alternative view. We've all blamed ourselves (i.e. the club) for unawareness of a significant rule change last year which went unnoticed.
Any appeal should take in to account how this change was communicated. It can't have been well promoted because it didn't appear on the radar till now. Those in charge of the game don't have a good track record of organising it; witness the well documented shambles from the very top.
If it's true that the top team in our league are given a year's extension to get their ground sorted, why?
If for health & safety reasons, then what's good for them should be good for the other promoted side too.
Furthermore I disagree that "driving along in third gear" is better than being promoted now. I respect the opinions of those who disagree but this concept makes the assumption that promotion is a given next season. It isn't, and I'd rather peddle within the lower reaches of the National League rather than go through it all again to get there.
Another way: would you rather pass your driving test now or take more lessons and have a crack at it next year?
To deny the players' achievements is to fail to acknowledge the lung bursting efforts they have given since August, and to waste a year of their short careers.
Finally I wouldn't have liked to be the one who gave the news to MG that his efforts weren't counting this season. Or to the players, then us. There must have been disbelief at every level, and quite a few sleepless night's I'd hazard.


Who knows what new stupidities will be devised for promotions in coming seasons, so best get promoted and then try to improve the facilities.

Next season we will have the benefits of playing all our home games at Darlo with increased income from crowds, shop, 50:50, advertising, sponsorships & a split of DRFC takings.

Like most non-league outfits we need some cup runs and lucrative friendlies to rake in more income. The club has suffered the last 4 seasons without a decent cup run, so time now for some re-prioritisation.

I'm not saying this extra income is going to be enough for the impatient dreamers, but it's better than giving 100% of the club back to a series of unknown future owners.

Remember Tait, Brierly, Reynolds, Peden, Singh?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Appeal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Posts: 862
Team Supported: Darlington
darlo2k wrote:
FA don't seem to be in a good mood today, Joey Barton's just received an 18 month ban:
http://www.thefa.com/home/news/2017/apr ... ned-260417

Wonder if he managed to place a bet on the outcome of our Appeal before he was banned?
Also could he not have put forward a convincing argument that despite the fact he has been a professional footballer all those years, he did not know the rule existed?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Appeal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:55 pm
Posts: 3296
Location: Gruzia
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo
spen666 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
They did!! S.C. wanted to go for it, and get them in anyway, to call the F.A's bluff!

Audacious...


See I could see this working if it wasn't the temporary seats.

If between 31st March and appeal day you built a permanent structure it would be interesting as the rule is clearly there to mean you are ready from day 1 of a potential national league season...well you are.

It does bring into question what relevant the 31st March has - it should really be by final game of normal league season.



Presumably 31st March is date so that issues can be sorted out before play offs etc start.

What would happen if date of last game had been used? Then Darlington and the others appeal...play offs would have to be postponed...fixtures could not be compiled...league AGMs could not be held and clubs would not know which divisions they would be in next season. Remember the FA move some clubs according to league boundaries...imagine for example Rushden compiling a squad to play in NPL 1 South and picking players based North of Rushden and then finding they are instead in the Southern League and having to travel to south coast with players based as far north as say Sheffield

31 March date applies at all levels of the pyramid


Yes, but isn't it only at THIS level that they ask clubs to speculate on reaching the playoffs by spending money doing all the upgrades by March of that same season, and at all other levels clubs are given until March of the following season?

It's not like you can install a new stand on a sale or return basis if you don't make the play-offs and get promoted.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Appeal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:32 am
Posts: 560
Location: See Username
Team Supported: Darlington
GQ upon first hearing we were not eligible for promotion: bollocks, but that is absolutely the correct decision

GQ upon seeing our appeal: that'll never win, and nor should it

GQ this morning: We will 100% not win this appeal, I'd almost be irritated if we did it would be so unjust

GQ 1 hour 4 minutes after hearing has started: Come on FA you bastards, we deserve this!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Appeal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 1024
Team Supported: Darlington
They have probably fallen asleep listening to the same thing three times


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Appeal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:17 pm
Posts: 1137
Team Supported: Darlington
darlo reborn wrote:
They have probably fallen asleep listening to the same thing three times


The three appeals were consolidated i.e. heard together.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Appeal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:23 pm
Posts: 1585
Team Supported: Darlington
probably still fall asleep as no doubt the FA representatives will be pink gin quaffing 80 year olds irritated at having to miss their usual afternoon slumber...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Appeal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:25 am
Posts: 830
Location: Darlington
Team Supported: Darlington
My take was that it was heard today, with a final decision tomorrow.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Appeal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:32 am
Posts: 560
Location: See Username
Team Supported: Darlington
Stockport fans on the wind up :-D

http://members3.boardhost.com/marionsbo ... 16370.html


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Spyman and 39 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group