Advertise Here
You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:15 am View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post subject: Re: Appeal
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:52 pm 

Team Supported: Darlington
Darlobaz79 wrote:
The rules allow the 6th or 7th place team to compete in the play-offs should any of the teams in the play-off positions not be allowed to participate.

In NLS that may be be necessary given Hungerford & Poole are non compliant

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:20 pm 

Understand all this talk of the appeal and how the rules may or may not affect the team, but aren't we missing one basic fact?

We haven't made the play-offs yet?? :think:
(Don't want to sound like a defeatist but cant we make the Play-Offs first then think about what will or wont be)

We could lose the last 2 games and finish 6th :silent:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:03 am 

Wealdstone are the 4th team to be caught up in this 500 seats/playoff saga.

A quick look on their fans forum (stones net.forum) finds a ten page thread entitled "playoff dream" which started on 8th March.

It is full of misunderstandings,gossip,clandestine plans and dodgy info re Poole, Hungerford and themselves.

It seems that in the Conference South, the FA rules have started a kind of playoff of stadiums situation between 3 teams. Wealdstone possibly trying the Shaun Cambell approach of banging in the seats pronto!

Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:36 am 

theoriginalfatcat wrote:

A quick look on their fans forum (stones net.forum) finds a ten page thread entitled "playoff dream" which started on 8th March.

It is full of misunderstandings,gossip,clandestine plans and dodgy info re Poole, Hungerford and themselves.

It seems that in the Conference South, the FA rules have started a kind of playoff of stadiums situation between 3 teams. Wealdstone possibly trying the Shaun Cambell approach of banging in the seats pronto!

But after yesterday it is Poole or Hungerford for the last play off position with Hampton & Richmond waiting to take their place. Whether the appeals are successful or not, Wealdstone won't be in the play-offs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:46 am 

Wealdstone may feel they could pass ground grading whilst the others fail - and of course there is one game left. So it could still be possible for them.

Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:50 pm 

theoriginalfatcat wrote:

I wonder how realistic the Shaun Campbell approach was ever likely to be? Was he going to come in at the last minute and save the day again? Of course, it begs the question that if the board had revealed their predicament back in February when they first knew, it might have enabled someone to come forward as a saviour. Could it be done in 7 days? Logistically I'm not sure it was possible.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:31 pm 

Yarblockos wrote:
it begs the question that if the board had revealed their predicament back in February when they first knew, it might have enabled someone to come forward as a saviour.

There's no doubt that the board found themselves in a very tricky position. We all have differing views but personally I would have preferred the board to have to have done just that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:22 pm 

Got Brain fog when is the Appeal being considered by the FA?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:47 pm 

I believe it will be heard on Wednesday.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:52 pm 

Darlo_Pete wrote:
I believe it will be heard on Wednesday.

The Non League Paper said "this week."
Timing is interesting as if we are excluded, as I suspect we will be, Chorley & Stockport could argue we have nothing to play for on Saturday so Salford have an unfair advantage? I still expect us to put in a performance and deny them a place should still be a cracking game either way!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:11 pm 

Quote:
I wonder how realistic the Shaun Campbell approach was ever likely to be? Was he going to come in at the last minute and save the day again? Of course, it begs the question that if the board had revealed their predicament back in February when they first knew, it might have enabled someone to come forward as a saviour. Could it be done in 7 days? Logistically I'm not sure it was possible.

I thought the seats had to be in place 31st March.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:28 pm 

Makka Pakka wrote:
Quote:

I thought the seats had to be in place 31st March.

They did!! S.C. wanted to go for it, and get them in anyway, to call the F.A's bluff!

Audacious...