Advertise Here
You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:38 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:12 pm
Posts: 171
Team Supported: Darlington
Here's an idea similar something Singh did a few years back for shirt sponsorship.

Get local businesses to pledge £5k For opportunity to have name rights to the new stand on the far side for 5 years. A raffle is held and the drawn out business gets the name rights, the others as runner up get 7ft ad boards along the front for 5 years (tv facing etc.)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:01 pm
Posts: 645
Location: Stockton-On-Tees
Team Supported: Darlington
That could work, but I don't think the Rugb Club would go with it without taking some of the money earned from it. They don't need/want a new stand, but the winning business will have their name plastered all over the Rugby Clubs home, who would then be missing out on their own sponsorship deals.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:46 pm
Posts: 482
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)
DFCAnth wrote:
That could work, but I don't think the Rugb Club would go with it without taking some of the money earned from it. They don't need/want a new stand, but the winning business will have their name plastered all over the Rugby Clubs home, who would then be missing out on their own sponsorship deals.


Do they get anything for the ad boards in the Tin Shed?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:58 pm
Posts: 536
Location: darlington
Team Supported: Darlington
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
DFCAnth wrote:
That could work, but I don't think the Rugb Club would go with it without taking some of the money earned from it. They don't need/want a new stand, but the winning business will have their name plastered all over the Rugby Clubs home, who would then be missing out on their own sponsorship deals.


Do they get anything for the ad boards in the Tin Shed?


No they dont and they are aware that we need to increase the capacity you got to remember the more money spent on food and drink helps them keepgoing too


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:16 am
Posts: 531
Team Supported: Darlington
robsraiders wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
DFCAnth wrote:
That could work, but I don't think the Rugb Club would go with it without taking some of the money earned from it. They don't need/want a new stand, but the winning business will have their name plastered all over the Rugby Clubs home, who would then be missing out on their own sponsorship deals.


Do they get anything for the ad boards in the Tin Shed?


No they dont and they are aware that we need to increase the capacity you got to remember the more money spent on food and drink helps them keepgoing too


I think you could be wrong there Rob


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:37 am
Posts: 2261
Team Supported: Darlington
e4sby wrote:
robsraiders wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
DFCAnth wrote:
That could work, but I don't think the Rugb Club would go with it without taking some of the money earned from it. They don't need/want a new stand, but the winning business will have their name plastered all over the Rugby Clubs home, who would then be missing out on their own sponsorship deals.


Do they get anything for the ad boards in the Tin Shed?


No they dont and they are aware that we need to increase the capacity you got to remember the more money spent on food and drink helps them keepgoing too


I think you could be wrong there Rob


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Rugby club do get a % share of ad boards sold. This question was answered at AGM.

_________________
Robbie Painter - http://twitter.com/RobbiePainter


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:12 pm
Posts: 171
Team Supported: Darlington
Even if the rugby club do get a share, that is incentive for them to allow us to build the bloody stands. Essentially they are just getting a payout for just agreeing to something.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:58 pm
Posts: 536
Location: darlington
Team Supported: Darlington
Robbie Painter wrote:
e4sby wrote:
robsraiders wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
DFCAnth wrote:
That could work, but I don't think the Rugb Club would go with it without taking some of the money earned from it. They don't need/want a new stand, but the winning business will have their name plastered all over the Rugby Clubs home, who would then be missing out on their own sponsorship deals.



Do they get anything for the ad boards in the Tin Shed?


No they dont and they are aware that we need to increase the capacity you got to remember the more money spent on food and drink helps them keepgoing too


I think you could be wrong there Rob


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Rugby club do get a % share of ad boards sold. This question was answered at AGM.

I stand corrected here I do apologise for my mistake on this


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9297
Team Supported: Darlington
Letting us build new stands is in the Rugby Clubs interests, as the more we build, then the more we are committing our future to BM.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], super_les_mcjannet and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group