Fundraising the new seated stand

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

feethams
Team Supported: Darlington

Fundraising the new seated stand

Post by feethams » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:22 pm

Here's an idea similar something Singh did a few years back for shirt sponsorship.

Get local businesses to pledge £5k For opportunity to have name rights to the new stand on the far side for 5 years. A raffle is held and the drawn out business gets the name rights, the others as runner up get 7ft ad boards along the front for 5 years (tv facing etc.)

DFCAnth

Re: Fundraising the new seated stand

Post by DFCAnth » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:34 pm

That could work, but I don't think the Rugb Club would go with it without taking some of the money earned from it. They don't need/want a new stand, but the winning business will have their name plastered all over the Rugby Clubs home, who would then be missing out on their own sponsorship deals.

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:36 pm

DFCAnth wrote:That could work, but I don't think the Rugb Club would go with it without taking some of the money earned from it. They don't need/want a new stand, but the winning business will have their name plastered all over the Rugby Clubs home, who would then be missing out on their own sponsorship deals.
Do they get anything for the ad boards in the Tin Shed?

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:44 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
DFCAnth wrote:That could work, but I don't think the Rugb Club would go with it without taking some of the money earned from it. They don't need/want a new stand, but the winning business will have their name plastered all over the Rugby Clubs home, who would then be missing out on their own sponsorship deals.
No they dont and they are aware that we need to increase the capacity you got to remember the more money spent on food and drink helps them keepgoing too

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:00 pm

robsraiders wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
No they dont and they are aware that we need to increase the capacity you got to remember the more money spent on food and drink helps them keepgoing too
I think you could be wrong there Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:39 pm

e4sby wrote:
robsraiders wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:

Rugby club do get a % share of ad boards sold. This question was answered at AGM.

feethams

Post by feethams » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:14 am

Even if the rugby club do get a share, that is incentive for them to allow us to build the bloody stands. Essentially they are just getting a payout for just agreeing to something.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:10 am

Robbie Painter wrote:
e4sby wrote:
robsraiders wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:

Rugby club do get a % share of ad boards sold. This question was answered at AGM.
I stand corrected here I do apologise for my mistake on this

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:45 pm

Letting us build new stands is in the Rugby Clubs interests, as the more we build, then the more we are committing our future to BM.