Raj Singh

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

loan_star
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by loan_star » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:25 pm

Feethams 1966 wrote:In the absence of fact there will be rumour, and I suspect that's what this RS thing is about.
It was just one rumour that I picked up on through Twitter, from people who don't usually make up crap. I guess if it is all bollocks it makes the decision easier to make.

bga

Post by bga » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:46 pm

Q8Quaker wrote:
bga wrote:
lo36789 wrote:What? The board why? Probably need something from MG and his investor(s) if anything.
Because MG is proposing to take the club forward in a way currently, not it would seem, supported by the Board? We need their views surely? I believe he left it in their court at the end on Friday night.
Not necessarily not supported by the board. They did say on Friday night they had tried unsuccessfully to identify external investors.
There are too many "Topics" on here essentially on the same subject i.e. the way forward involving who. However Q8Quaker I would be surprised if the Board were trying to identify potential investors, who wanted a 51% stake in the Club, as we would then no longer be a Fan owned club. That was my point.

DFCAnth

Post by DFCAnth » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:40 pm

Richard Cook has tweeted the following -

"Carehome operator and a football club.

Perhaps we are the salmon."

I know he has left the club but I'm sure he would know.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:00 am

Seems to have deleted it

According to companies house, Richard Cook's director position was terminated on Friday. As the investor approached on Monday, and NDA's were signed, he may not know and may just be speculating? Or maybe it's just a joke. I hope so anyway...

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:19 am

al_quaker wrote:Seems to have deleted it

According to companies house, Richard Cook's director position was terminated on Friday. As the investor approached on Monday, and NDA's were signed, he may not know and may just be speculating? Or maybe it's just a joke. I hope so anyway...
Another option is that he may have known something about the talks and who may have been involved in them before he resigned.
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:27 am

Allan Quatermain wrote:
al_quaker wrote:Seems to have deleted it

Another option is that he may have known something about the talks and who may have been involved in them before he resigned.
True, although I got the impression that MG's intervention came as just as much a surprise to the board as it did to everyone else in the room.

Time will tell I suppose

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:36 am

MG must know how we all feel about RS and that he is the one investor more than any other that we are likely to reject.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:07 am

Been having a think on this after initially being of the opinion of "let's see what he has to say"...

If it's Singh and he wants a controlling interest in the club, surely he knows he's got no chance?

Has he came back after 5 years of silence just to troll us? Seriously? This question really needs to be asked.

Why on earth would he want to get involved - there is surely no money to be made out of this? He lost money last time, and pulled the plug - why won't he pull the plug again when he loses money again?

Imagine how the entire football world would look at us if we took him back? I mean Gray must be fucking nuts if he thinks we are a joke now, yet somehow won't be a joke if we accept RS back?

It will give the Poolies something to laugh at and take their mind off their own problems that's for sure.

The only deal that would work for me is a purely philanthropic one - ie he's truly had sleepless nights over this for 5 solid years and he wants to just give us money, cos he can, cos he wants to, no singhs attached - pardon the pun.

If it is him, and he wants more than to just donate money, well, he's going have to give the greatest and most convincing statement that has ever been written in history. Surely?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:26 am

My hope would be Virgin becoming more involved.Known worldwide,deep pockets,like a bit of publicity and matey with MG.
Personally think the Radged Strings thing is bollocks(he says with fingers crossed).

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:59 am

I've been reminding myself of his actions just before & after he put the club into admin.

Remember when Singh paid some, but not all (Kris Taylow & Marc BW I think), of the players in Oct/Nov 2011. The ones he didn't think were value for money.

Then Singh wanted to renegotiate player contracts otherwise he'd walk away. The same players he'd promised face to face in the summer that the club was financially secure.

Singh got the players to take an anonymous poll on whether to keep Mark Cooper as manager or not.

After sacking Cooper & Dryden refused to pay them for their remaining contracts (55k).

Singh put us into admin owing employees (non football staff) 37k.

We owed over 9k to St. Johns Ambulance + ten's of other local businesses - the full report is available at companies house.

Singh said he'd walk away without a penny if it would save DFC.

He demanded in Nov 2011 that the council remove the sporting use convent on the Arena. Bizarre statement because at that time neither Raj Singh or DFC owned the Arena.

This is what he said in Feb 2011 about DFC:
Raj Singh wrote:"Without the stadium and the land, there isn't really a business there at all," Singh told the Northern Echo.
"We can't move forward without ownership of the ground."
Would you trust an individual with a record like this to own or run another football club?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:05 am

Robbie Painter wrote:I've been reminding myself of his actions just before & after he put the club into admin.

Remember when Singh paid some, but not all (Kris Taylow & Marc BW I think), of the players in Oct/Nov 2011. The ones he didn't think were value for money.

Then Singh wanted to renegotiate player contracts otherwise he'd walk away. The same players he'd promised face to face in the summer that the club was financially secure.

Singh got the players to take an anonymous poll on whether to keep Mark Cooper as manager or not.

After sacking Cooper & Dryden refused to pay them for their remaining contracts (55k).

We owed over 9k to St. Johns Ambulance + ten's of other local businesses - the full report is available at companies house.

He demanded in Nov 2011 that the council remove the sporting use convent on the Arena. Bizarre statement because at that time neither Raj Singh or DFC owned the Arena.

Raj Singh wrote:"Without the stadium and the land, there isn't really a business there at all," Singh told the Northern Echo.
Would you trust an individual with a record like this to own or run another football club?
Jees I'd forgotten about all of that.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:06 am

Robbie Painter wrote:I've been reminding myself of his actions just before & after he put the club into admin.

After careful consideration...

No!
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:20 am

i will listen to his proposal but unless he shows contrition and presents mitigating circumstances of an almost incredible status he can piss off.

We cant have forgotten what went on. Surely?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:25 am

MKDarlo wrote:i will listen to his proposal but unless he shows contrition and presents mitigating circumstances of an almost incredible status he can piss off.

What proposal?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:32 am

Just seen Raj, McLaren,Hodgy coming out of hotel with two others in Yarm and they weren't talking cricket.

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:33 am

Spyman wrote:
MKDarlo wrote:i will listen to his proposal but unless he shows contrition and presents mitigating circumstances of an almost incredible status he can piss off.

What proposal?
if he makes one

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:43 am

roadrunner wrote:Just seen Raj, McLaren,Hodgy coming out of hotel with two others in Yarm and they weren't talking cricket.
Is this true or a wind up?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:45 am

roadrunner wrote:Just seen Raj, McLaren,Hodgy coming out of hotel with two others in Yarm and they weren't talking cricket.
Really? :o

Don't suppose you could hear anything could you?

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:49 am

You know this is only credible if you were walking your dog, right?
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Magical Quakers

Post by Magical Quakers » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:04 pm

Got to be Paul Conner and Michael Bridges hasn't it??

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:16 pm

All true and don't think David,s and Steve,s wives are ready for a care home yet.

tezza

Post by tezza » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:22 pm

You need serious help and someone to look after you.

What good do you think you do spreading this nonsense around ???

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:22 pm

Which hotel?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:54 pm

Spyman wrote:
Which hotel?
Exactly, few B&B's in Yarm cant remember a hotel
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:25 pm

Spyman wrote:
Which hotel?
Judges

Portz

Post by Portz » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:49 pm

I know someone who works there, I'll ask them and see what they know
Our Football Clubs are for life, not just for business!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:00 pm

This is all complete bollocks.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

DFCAnth

Post by DFCAnth » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:11 pm

Mclaren lives in Yarm and Singh in Eaglescliffe. Wouldn't be a bad place to meet considering.

Interestingly the land in front of Singh's house near Allens West now has a new housing development on it - probably earned a fair bit from that.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:16 pm

DFCAnth wrote:Mclaren lives in Yarm and Singh in Eaglescliffe. Wouldn't be a bad place to meet considering.

Interestingly the land in front of Singh's house near Allens West now has a new housing development on it - probably earned a fair bit from that.
They could probably just meet round Singh's house then.

Seriously, if there's any truth in this then either Singh has a seriously good excuse or Hodgson doesn't care as much about Darlo as people think he does.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

DC

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:41 pm

I once saw Hodgy in a Chippy opposite Bostons ground in 2006, he was whispering about some mega masterplan about investing in within the next 11-12 years
mikkyx wrote:
I never had my dog with me to add credibility to the chance encounter

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk