Raj Singh

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by Spyman » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:25 pm

Continuing the speculation, what sort of figures do we think we'd be talking about?

Someone who is willing to put in £250k a year towards the running of the club? If they were to own 51% then would the other shareholders have to commit to putting in £245k per year in? I'm not clear how this would work.

Or would they just buy in with a lump sum to purchase their share and then we continue to run as normal hoping their investment leads to increased revenue streams through better facilities or full time employees etc?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:51 pm

I sometimes wonder if this thread sums up our club, 2 pages about the most obnoxious person ever to be involved with the club, or 10 posts on the match thread! And yes I know I have just added to it.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Q8Quaker

Post by Q8Quaker » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:57 pm

Spyman wrote:Continuing the speculation, what sort of figures do we think we'd be talking about?

Someone who is willing to put in £250k a year towards the running of the club? If they were to own 51% then would the other shareholders have to commit to putting in £245k per year in? I'm not clear how this would work.

Or would they just buy in with a lump sum to purchase their share and then we continue to run as normal hoping their investment leads to increased revenue streams through better facilities or full time employees etc?

It’ll be interesting to see what the investors are proposing. Last night we were told by the board there were no plans in place to develop BM to FL status but to do so would require the moving of the pipe, which would cost a seven figure sum. I would also presume to start from scratch to gain the necessary permissions to move the pipe and carry out the work would be years in the execution and this would be after the required finance is in place.

This does not tie in with MGs speech about climbing into the FL in the next few years, so I can only presume that any investors coming on board have other ideas away from BM.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:08 pm

As I stated on the match thread, Hodgy was at the game today. Spoke to somebody at the game today and he heard that Raj Singh wants to get involved in the club along with Steve McClaren!! No idea if there is any truth in this, just repeating what somebody said.

As many others said today, is we don't get outside investment, then we've found our level.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:22 pm

Cannot believe the Raj rumours on here, just crazy, no way on earth will fans not react if this guy comes on board.Out of interest just wonder if the Arena is an option for the new investors, MPRC are apparently struggling financially, no need to worry about water drains, ground ready to go and the 2 rugby clubs combine to play at BM.Before I get ripped to shreds, this is something that occurred to me and a long shot.......but just a thought.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:28 pm

Two rugby clubs combine?

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:46 pm

Could the 2 rugby clubs play at BM in their respective leagues on alternate Saturdays is what I meant.Just wondering, nothing else.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:48 pm

Then we've found our level for now, but there's no reason why over time the club can't grow

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:55 pm

I don't think rival rugby clubs will want to share tbh.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:03 pm

Spyman wrote:Continuing the speculation, what sort of figures do we think we'd be talking about?

It's a good question.

Say the investor was happy with 51/49 share holding. However then wanted to put 200k to increase budget but wanted it as shares, this then dilutes the shareholding. Does the Supporters Group have to match the financial input or does the shareholding of the investor just grow until they have a +75% holding.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:28 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Cannot believe the Raj rumours on here, just crazy, no way on earth will fans not react if this guy comes on board.Out of interest just wonder if the Arena is an option for the new investors, MPRC are apparently struggling financially, no need to worry about water drains, ground ready to go and the 2 rugby clubs combine to play at BM.Before I get ripped to shreds, this is something that occurred to me and a long shot.......but just a thought.

I've just said the same thing to Nick, even the bit about the rugby clubs combining. Perhaps the Arena is part of this (Agree that don't think Raj would be involved, but if he were, it would be as Arena owner maybe. It's what he wanted before). Thing is, would MG have been so confident about saying that the club could get into the FL short term last night knowing that there is uncertainty about BM's suitability as a FL venue. Nick and I were also saying that if that were the case, whoever bought the Arena would be best selling the stand opposite the main stand to a property developer/hotel chain, reducing the capacity to 15,000 and making money that way. And as part of the deal, the hotel chain/property developers had to cover the utilities for the rest of the stadium. Now how's that for taking the plan a stage further?

One other thing we wondered about. Was last night very carefully stage managed, so that we got the doom and gloom out of the way first before MG came and did his pitch and left the Fans on a high? Made us wonder if the board are already on board with the plans and this was the way of gaining fans' approval so to speak, so that things can move forward apace. John Tempest earlier in the evening had said that he hadn't been able to find an investor, so clearly investment was on his mind.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:33 pm

I don't think they would deliberately stage something to ruin attempts to fundraise.

Wayne Raper said he has been unable to sleep through thinking of ways to generate funds. On the day of launch of their attempts MG basically destroys all chance of achieving the objectives.

I think that is wishful thinking. Who wants to stay in a hotel on Neasham Road?

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:53 pm

That's why things need to get moving one way or another this week.
Remember that MG said his plan was for fundraising to run alongside investment? If his plan comes to fruition then this will just delay it.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:12 pm

Its an interesting angle Adam, purchasing the Arena would cost far less than getting BM up to league standard and didn't Scott and Sizer sell for about £2m......peanuts for that stadium.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:19 pm

I don't think MPRFC have any intention of selling their stadium...

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:28 pm

Why would we want to take on a vast aging money pit of a stadium? Pure madness

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:33 pm

lo36789 wrote:I don't think MPRFC have any intention of selling their stadium...
Exactly. There is no point in an investor sitting down for discussions with MG if their whole plan is dependent upon MPRFC selling them the Arena. They need to sit down with MPRFC instead.

If there is an incentive for an investor to make money from this, I can only assume it would be by investing in the team and strengthening the links with MG's football academy. Then using the team as a way to bring young talent through before selling them on for a big price. Pretty much the only way to make money outside the PL anyway.

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:39 pm

We might not, but this 'consortium' must have something pretty concrete in mind. MG doesn't strike me as a fantasist. His talk about the league within five years must tie in with backing. That backing will either have to stump up big bucks to overhaul BM considerably or already have a Plan B. Why invest in a ground we only have a license to play at when you may be able to get your hands on something ready made and all of your own?? Either they think BM is able to be improved to FL standards or they know of a stadium that already fits the bill?

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:42 pm

grimsbyquaker wrote:We might not, but this 'consortium' must have something pretty concrete in mind. MG doesn't strike me as a fantasist. His talk about the league within five years must tie in with backing. That backing will either have to stump up big bucks to overhaul BM considerably or already have a Plan B. Why invest in a ground we only have a license to play at when you may be able to get your hands on something ready made and all of your own?? Either they think BM is able to be improved to FL standards or they know of a stadium that already fits the bill?
According the board, sharing the Arena is not possible as MPRFC refuse to give us priority for fixtures (or MPRFC must have priority) whichever you believe.

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:48 pm

I think if there's a will then there's a way

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:08 pm

Well at the moment the idea of Raj Singh being involved and buying the Arena is all speculation, if not simply made up. If Raj Singh was involved the board would never get the votes needed to change the ownership model. It's just about the worst person who could ever be involved. It's a non-starter.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:31 pm

Are some people for real?

This bloke is the reason we had to start again at the bottom.

I'd never step foot into a home game if he come back.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:09 pm

AndyPark wrote:Are some people for real?

Can we hold you to that..lol... It's surely a wined up!!!

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:21 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
AndyPark wrote:Are some people for real?

Can we hold you to that..lol... It's surely a wined up!!!
It's actually a rumour thats been doing the rounds from a few people who don't just say stuff for the fun of it. Doesn't make it 100% true though.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:46 pm

As the saying goes, there's no smoke without fire. But I must admit it is hard to believe. Although nothing surprises me when it comes to Darlo.

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:50 am

Yarblockos wrote:
grimsbyquaker wrote:We might not, but this 'consortium' must have something pretty concrete in mind. MG doesn't strike me as a fantasist. His talk about the league within five years must tie in with backing. That backing will either have to stump up big bucks to overhaul BM considerably or already have a Plan B. Why invest in a ground we only have a license to play at when you may be able to get your hands on something ready made and all of your own?? Either they think BM is able to be improved to FL standards or they know of a stadium that already fits the bill?
According the board, sharing the Arena is not possible as MPRFC refuse to give us priority for fixtures (or MPRFC must have priority) whichever you believe.
They don't need priority. They're in the National League, same as Bristol when they were playing at Rovers who had priority or Nottingham when they were at Meadow Lane where Notts County will have had priority. London Irish don't have priority. You do officially need priority for the top division but it's a bit of a farce. London Welsh appealed it and won when they went up because half the top division were given exceptions. Wasps, Saracens did etc...

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:32 am

SwansQuaker83 wrote:They don't need priority. They're in the National League, same as Bristol when they were playing at Rovers who had priority or Nottingham when they were at Meadow Lane where Notts County will have had priority. London Irish don't have priority. You do officially need priority for the top division but it's a bit of a farce. London Welsh appealed it and won when they went up because half the top division were given exceptions. Wasps, Saracens did etc...
It's irrelevant if MPRFC want priority then it is their ground their choice. Blackwell Meadows may have restrictions but I don't believe it can't be brought up to FL standard.

Ultimately there is 20 metres of the perimeter which cannot be built on the rest can. Clubhouse side has as much space between the clubhouse and the pitch perimeter as the stand at the far side takes up - so clearly something could be done but it would need to be in conjunction with the Rugby Club.

Even if we got agreement from the current rugby board that they would support I actually think our 20 year license will run out by the time we'd be calling it in.

If we can get 500 seats plus the terrace then we are eligible from Conference National. We are looking at £1m to £1.5m for a playing budget cost to be making a serious title challenge in the National League. Aren't our current total revenues are about £300,000?

Unless we can find an individual to put in at least £1million a year of their own money, for no return, I am not convinced that the magical investor will actually appear.

As a shareholder in the DFCSG I will not be supporting any investment that comes in the form of a loan or sees controlling share of the football club leave the hands of the fans. We would need all forms of protection possible that would prevent us being unable to leave an administration without a CVA - that means if we do take on debts that any debt owed to a single party (or connected party) is restricted so they cannot have a controlling vote in a CVA situation. I don't know how you would do that but we cannot leave ourselves open to having to start again from the bottom.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:14 am

Lo, why don't you see what transpires with MG and the 2 investors before you pre judge the situation, if Dave Hodgson is involved he is as passionate about our club as Martin is.At this point in time we have to trust Martin that he has all our interests at heart, he stated that in his rallying speech and gave the room a massive lift at the end of what was a difficult evening.He asked us to trust him and he has certainly got that from me.

Phlash

Post by Phlash » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:21 am

Interesting to see some some 'Fans' opinions. if Raj does come back, are you willing to stop supporting the players, staff and volunteers who have worked tirelessly to regain a reputation for a club that was at rock bottom? If the fans don't come together on this one, the last 5 years will have been wasted.

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:28 am

Lo is absolutely right regarding the CVA and investor.

If we went pop again, that would be finally it.