Raj Singh

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

robsraiders
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by robsraiders » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:39 pm

The man has been speaking on Tees tonight and what a load of, no recognition that we paid off his debts and not sorry in the least that we were dumped into the Northern League, he said he wants to forget the past!
They are all nicey nicey to him too on radio smog monkey

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:53 pm

Has anyone got a link to the interview? That would be great.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:16 pm

fans would have understood his situation - but its what he did after- he could have walked away and said sorry I have got other things to sort out, but instead he took out his bad financial situation on the club and burried us.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:41 pm

If he just pulled the investment like what's happening atgateshead I'm sure fans would have understud.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:00 am

robsraiders wrote:The man has been speaking on Tees tonight and what a load of, no recognition that we paid off his debts and not sorry in the least that we were dumped into the Northern League, he said he wants to forget the past!
I expected it from BBC Tees, who appear like they couldn't care less about DFC.

The Northern Echo on the other hand I expected better from, but their coverage has been bordering on fawning, Craig aside. No difficult questions asked of Singh, just repeating his side of the story and his platitudes about 'learning from his mistakes'. No challenges of his actions in 2012. Just repeating how he 'deserves a second chance' and talking of him 'speaking well'. Desperately disappointing from a Darlington based paper after the damage Singh's ownership of Darlington Football Club did to said football club and local businesses.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:11 am

al_quaker wrote:
robsraiders wrote:The man has been speaking on Tees tonight and what a load of, no recognition that we paid off his debts and not sorry in the least that we were dumped into the Northern League, he said he wants to forget the past!

The Northern Echo on the other hand I expected better from, but their coverage has been bordering on fawning, Craig aside. No difficult questions asked of Singh, just repeating his side of the story and his platitudes about 'learning from his mistakes'. No challenges of his actions in 2012. Just repeating how he 'deserves a second chance' and talking of him 'speaking well'. Desperately disappointing from a Darlington based paper after the damage Singh's ownership of Darlington Football Club did to said football club and local businesses.
Is Peter Barron still the editor of the Echo? He was particularly involved in dealing with the fall-out from what I remember so surprised Singh hasn't been held to account by the Echo.

Pretty shocking that no local (or even national) investigating journalist is giving Singh a hard time and really challenging him for what happened. His own business failed so he just lumped debt on the football club and left it to die. David Conn perhaps?

His recent interview mentions the recession and the knock on effect on his own businesses - yet he made the decision to allow this to impact the football club. He didn't have to do that.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:18 am

al_quaker wrote:

The thing is, no doubt Raj Singh was responding to requests for interviews from the Northern Echo and BBC Tees and under those terms he would have been able to call the shots ie "yes, I'll agree to an interview but on condition that you don't ask me about the football share, etc, etc, etc"

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:52 am

Spyman wrote:
al_quaker wrote:

Is Peter Barron still the editor of the Echo? He was particularly involved in dealing with the fall-out from what I remember so surprised Singh hasn't been held to account by the Echo.

Pretty shocking that no local (or even national) investigating journalist is giving Singh a hard time and really challenging him for what happened. His own business failed so he just lumped debt on the football club and left it to die. David Conn perhaps?

His recent interview mentions the recession and the knock on effect on his own businesses - yet he made the decision to allow this to impact the football club. He didn't have to do that.
He retired a year or two ago..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:48 am

I bet he wants to forget about it - most Darlo fans never will though!

The impressive Jenny Chapman recently had a little comment on Twitter re this situation ---

"Hartlepool FC be careful. Choices you make now will stay with you for a very long time."
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:06 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
I bet he wants to forget about it - most Darlo fans never will though!

The impressive Jenny Chapman recently had a little comment on Twitter re this situation ---

"Hartlepool FC be careful. Choices you make now will stay with you for a very long time."
And no football fan should ever forget about it either.

If he'd 'done his time' or 'repented' in some way then fair enough, he may be justified asking people to move on, but he's barely even admitted any wrong-doing or accepted that he could've handled the whole thing much better. Instead he lied and broke promises whilst loading the club with debt from his bad decision making.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:09 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Spyman wrote:
al_quaker wrote:

He retired a year or two ago..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Maybe as editor but still works for them

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:28 am

Barron contributes occasionally as a freelance, so isn't staff. Andy Richardson, the new editor, used to work on the sports and business desks, so you'd have thought he'd encourage a little more forensic questioning. Evidently not.

Nick Loughlin though has lost all semblance of credibility with his cheerleading for Singh. Loughlin is not a journalist as such. More a fan writing about the team he supports without any objectivity whatsoever.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

divas

Post by divas » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:23 pm

Laughlin also backup up Coxhall - you’d think he’d learn his lesson. Obviously loves having his belly tickled

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:54 pm

To be fair to Loughlin, I presume his career is based on having access to both Victoria Park and H'pool's inner circle. Give the owner a hard time and access could be refused.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:54 pm

liddle_4_ever wrote:To be fair to Loughlin, I presume his career is based on having access to both Victoria Park and H'pool's inner circle. Give the owner a hard time and access could be refused.

But as a journalist he also has an obligation to be fair, truthful and accurate. I'd argue ignoring Raj's previous record is the opposite of that.

Otherwise he's nothing more than a PR man. I understand the point about access, but surely if the owner then refuses access on the basis of your reporting, that also becomes the story.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:02 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
liddle_4_ever wrote:To be fair to Loughlin, I presume his career is based on having access to both Victoria Park and H'pool's inner circle. Give the owner a hard time and access could be refused.

But as a journalist he also has an obligation to be fair, truthful and accurate. I'd argue ignoring Raj's previous record is the opposite of that.

Otherwise he's nothing more than a PR man. I understand the point about access, but surely if the owner then refuses access on the basis of your reporting, that also becomes the story.

Exactly, spot on there gramps. I know Stod wasn't afraid of upsetting the hierarchy over the years, the altercations with Reynolds and the banning from using the press box at Feethams being one occasion when his reporting didn't go down well with people with stuff to hide. And then there was the Singh situation too which Stod didn't hold back on.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:07 am

loan_star wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Exactly, spot on there gramps. I know Stod wasn't afraid of upsetting the hierarchy over the years, the altercations with Reynolds and the banning from using the press box at Feethams being one occasion when his reporting didn't go down well with people with stuff to hide. And then there was the Singh situation too which Stod didn't hold back on.
Not sure how many journalists manage to meet those obligations. Would be nice if there was a single source of facts that we could all have access to, but this is the real world so the best we can hope for is freedom of the press (from outside influences) and for us to be able to spot fake news. At least Stod tried to get at the truth :clap:

Beano

Raj Singh

Post by Beano » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:13 am

loan_star wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Stoddart is the only person worth reading in the Hartlepool Echo.

grytters

Post by grytters » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:47 am

Meanwhile, Hartlepool United transfer their registered office from Clarence Road to a firm of accountants in Stockport -

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/statu ... 4161933313
Bring Back the Quarters

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:42 am

Means nothing other than they've changed accountants and registered office.

I'd imagine RS will want HUFC to use the same accountants as his other businesses.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017