You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:12 am View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 11440
Team Supported: Darlington
Continuing the speculation, what sort of figures do we think we'd be talking about?

Someone who is willing to put in £250k a year towards the running of the club? If they were to own 51% then would the other shareholders have to commit to putting in £245k per year in? I'm not clear how this would work.

Or would they just buy in with a lump sum to purchase their share and then we continue to run as normal hoping their investment leads to increased revenue streams through better facilities or full time employees etc?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:36 am
Posts: 1461
Team Supported: Darlington
I sometimes wonder if this thread sums up our club, 2 pages about the most obnoxious person ever to be involved with the club, or 10 posts on the match thread! And yes I know I have just added to it.

_________________
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:46 am
Posts: 111
Team Supported: Darlington
Spyman wrote:
Continuing the speculation, what sort of figures do we think we'd be talking about?

Someone who is willing to put in £250k a year towards the running of the club? If they were to own 51% then would the other shareholders have to commit to putting in £245k per year in? I'm not clear how this would work.

Or would they just buy in with a lump sum to purchase their share and then we continue to run as normal hoping their investment leads to increased revenue streams through better facilities or full time employees etc?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


It’ll be interesting to see what the investors are proposing. Last night we were told by the board there were no plans in place to develop BM to FL status but to do so would require the moving of the pipe, which would cost a seven figure sum. I would also presume to start from scratch to gain the necessary permissions to move the pipe and carry out the work would be years in the execution and this would be after the required finance is in place.

This does not tie in with MGs speech about climbing into the FL in the next few years, so I can only presume that any investors coming on board have other ideas away from BM.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 10979
Team Supported: Darlington
As I stated on the match thread, Hodgy was at the game today. Spoke to somebody at the game today and he heard that Raj Singh wants to get involved in the club along with Steve McClaren!! No idea if there is any truth in this, just repeating what somebody said.

As many others said today, is we don't get outside investment, then we've found our level.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1406
Team Supported: Darlington
Cannot believe the Raj rumours on here, just crazy, no way on earth will fans not react if this guy comes on board.Out of interest just wonder if the Arena is an option for the new investors, MPRC are apparently struggling financially, no need to worry about water drains, ground ready to go and the 2 rugby clubs combine to play at BM.Before I get ripped to shreds, this is something that occurred to me and a long shot.......but just a thought.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Posts: 7791
Location: Liverpool
Team Supported: Darlington
Two rugby clubs combine?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1406
Team Supported: Darlington
Could the 2 rugby clubs play at BM in their respective leagues on alternate Saturdays is what I meant.Just wondering, nothing else.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 11440
Team Supported: Darlington
Then we've found our level for now, but there's no reason why over time the club can't grow

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Posts: 7791
Location: Liverpool
Team Supported: Darlington
I don't think rival rugby clubs will want to share tbh.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 4967
Team Supported: Darlington
Spyman wrote:
Continuing the speculation, what sort of figures do we think we'd be talking about?

Someone who is willing to put in £250k a year towards the running of the club? If they were to own 51% then would the other shareholders have to commit to putting in £245k per year in? I'm not clear how this would work.

Or would they just buy in with a lump sum to purchase their share and then we continue to run as normal hoping their investment leads to increased revenue streams through better facilities or full time employees etc?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


It's a good question.

Say the investor was happy with 51/49 share holding. However then wanted to put 200k to increase budget but wanted it as shares, this then dilutes the shareholding. Does the Supporters Group have to match the financial input or does the shareholding of the investor just grow until they have a +75% holding.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 1239
Team Supported: Darlington
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Cannot believe the Raj rumours on here, just crazy, no way on earth will fans not react if this guy comes on board.Out of interest just wonder if the Arena is an option for the new investors, MPRC are apparently struggling financially, no need to worry about water drains, ground ready to go and the 2 rugby clubs combine to play at BM.Before I get ripped to shreds, this is something that occurred to me and a long shot.......but just a thought.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk


I've just said the same thing to Nick, even the bit about the rugby clubs combining. Perhaps the Arena is part of this (Agree that don't think Raj would be involved, but if he were, it would be as Arena owner maybe. It's what he wanted before). Thing is, would MG have been so confident about saying that the club could get into the FL short term last night knowing that there is uncertainty about BM's suitability as a FL venue. Nick and I were also saying that if that were the case, whoever bought the Arena would be best selling the stand opposite the main stand to a property developer/hotel chain, reducing the capacity to 15,000 and making money that way. And as part of the deal, the hotel chain/property developers had to cover the utilities for the rest of the stadium. Now how's that for taking the plan a stage further?

One other thing we wondered about. Was last night very carefully stage managed, so that we got the doom and gloom out of the way first before MG came and did his pitch and left the Fans on a high? Made us wonder if the board are already on board with the plans and this was the way of gaining fans' approval so to speak, so that things can move forward apace. John Tempest earlier in the evening had said that he hadn't been able to find an investor, so clearly investment was on his mind.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Posts: 7791
Location: Liverpool
Team Supported: Darlington
I don't think they would deliberately stage something to ruin attempts to fundraise.

Wayne Raper said he has been unable to sleep through thinking of ways to generate funds. On the day of launch of their attempts MG basically destroys all chance of achieving the objectives.

I think that is wishful thinking. Who wants to stay in a hotel on Neasham Road?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 1239
Team Supported: Darlington
That's why things need to get moving one way or another this week.
Remember that MG said his plan was for fundraising to run alongside investment? If his plan comes to fruition then this will just delay it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1406
Team Supported: Darlington
Its an interesting angle Adam, purchasing the Arena would cost far less than getting BM up to league standard and didn't Scott and Sizer sell for about £2m......peanuts for that stadium.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Posts: 7791
Location: Liverpool
Team Supported: Darlington
I don't think MPRFC have any intention of selling their stadium...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:37 am
Posts: 2270
Team Supported: Darlington
Why would we want to take on a vast aging money pit of a stadium? Pure madness

_________________
Robbie Painter - http://twitter.com/RobbiePainter


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 pm
Posts: 511
Team Supported: Darlington
lo36789 wrote:
I don't think MPRFC have any intention of selling their stadium...


Exactly. There is no point in an investor sitting down for discussions with MG if their whole plan is dependent upon MPRFC selling them the Arena. They need to sit down with MPRFC instead.

If there is an incentive for an investor to make money from this, I can only assume it would be by investing in the team and strengthening the links with MG's football academy. Then using the team as a way to bring young talent through before selling them on for a big price. Pretty much the only way to make money outside the PL anyway.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:03 pm
Posts: 233
Location: 53°22'N, 0°01'W
Team Supported: Darlington FC
We might not, but this 'consortium' must have something pretty concrete in mind. MG doesn't strike me as a fantasist. His talk about the league within five years must tie in with backing. That backing will either have to stump up big bucks to overhaul BM considerably or already have a Plan B. Why invest in a ground we only have a license to play at when you may be able to get your hands on something ready made and all of your own?? Either they think BM is able to be improved to FL standards or they know of a stadium that already fits the bill?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 pm
Posts: 511
Team Supported: Darlington
grimsbyquaker wrote:
We might not, but this 'consortium' must have something pretty concrete in mind. MG doesn't strike me as a fantasist. His talk about the league within five years must tie in with backing. That backing will either have to stump up big bucks to overhaul BM considerably or already have a Plan B. Why invest in a ground we only have a license to play at when you may be able to get your hands on something ready made and all of your own?? Either they think BM is able to be improved to FL standards or they know of a stadium that already fits the bill?


According the board, sharing the Arena is not possible as MPRFC refuse to give us priority for fixtures (or MPRFC must have priority) whichever you believe.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:03 pm
Posts: 233
Location: 53°22'N, 0°01'W
Team Supported: Darlington FC
I think if there's a will then there's a way


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 pm
Posts: 511
Team Supported: Darlington
Well at the moment the idea of Raj Singh being involved and buying the Arena is all speculation, if not simply made up. If Raj Singh was involved the board would never get the votes needed to change the ownership model. It's just about the worst person who could ever be involved. It's a non-starter.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Posts: 11086
Location: Darlington
Team Supported: Darlington
Are some people for real?

This bloke is the reason we had to start again at the bottom.

I'd never step foot into a home game if he come back.

_________________
18/19 Season:
LDWDLDLWDLLWW


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Posts: 2357
Team Supported: Darlington
AndyPark wrote:
Are some people for real?

This bloke is the reason we had to start again at the bottom.

I'd never step foot into a home game if he come back.

Can we hold you to that..lol... It's surely a wined up!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5725
Team Supported: Darlington
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
Are some people for real?

This bloke is the reason we had to start again at the bottom.

I'd never step foot into a home game if he come back.

Can we hold you to that..lol... It's surely a wined up!!!


It's actually a rumour thats been doing the rounds from a few people who don't just say stuff for the fun of it. Doesn't make it 100% true though.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 10979
Team Supported: Darlington
As the saying goes, there's no smoke without fire. But I must admit it is hard to believe. Although nothing surprises me when it comes to Darlo.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:46 pm
Posts: 633
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)
Yarblockos wrote:
grimsbyquaker wrote:
We might not, but this 'consortium' must have something pretty concrete in mind. MG doesn't strike me as a fantasist. His talk about the league within five years must tie in with backing. That backing will either have to stump up big bucks to overhaul BM considerably or already have a Plan B. Why invest in a ground we only have a license to play at when you may be able to get your hands on something ready made and all of your own?? Either they think BM is able to be improved to FL standards or they know of a stadium that already fits the bill?


According the board, sharing the Arena is not possible as MPRFC refuse to give us priority for fixtures (or MPRFC must have priority) whichever you believe.


They don't need priority. They're in the National League, same as Bristol when they were playing at Rovers who had priority or Nottingham when they were at Meadow Lane where Notts County will have had priority. London Irish don't have priority. You do officially need priority for the top division but it's a bit of a farce. London Welsh appealed it and won when they went up because half the top division were given exceptions. Wasps, Saracens did etc...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Posts: 7791
Location: Liverpool
Team Supported: Darlington
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
They don't need priority. They're in the National League, same as Bristol when they were playing at Rovers who had priority or Nottingham when they were at Meadow Lane where Notts County will have had priority. London Irish don't have priority. You do officially need priority for the top division but it's a bit of a farce. London Welsh appealed it and won when they went up because half the top division were given exceptions. Wasps, Saracens did etc...


It's irrelevant if MPRFC want priority then it is their ground their choice. Blackwell Meadows may have restrictions but I don't believe it can't be brought up to FL standard.

Ultimately there is 20 metres of the perimeter which cannot be built on the rest can. Clubhouse side has as much space between the clubhouse and the pitch perimeter as the stand at the far side takes up - so clearly something could be done but it would need to be in conjunction with the Rugby Club.

Even if we got agreement from the current rugby board that they would support I actually think our 20 year license will run out by the time we'd be calling it in.

If we can get 500 seats plus the terrace then we are eligible from Conference National. We are looking at £1m to £1.5m for a playing budget cost to be making a serious title challenge in the National League. Aren't our current total revenues are about £300,000?

Unless we can find an individual to put in at least £1million a year of their own money, for no return, I am not convinced that the magical investor will actually appear.

As a shareholder in the DFCSG I will not be supporting any investment that comes in the form of a loan or sees controlling share of the football club leave the hands of the fans. We would need all forms of protection possible that would prevent us being unable to leave an administration without a CVA - that means if we do take on debts that any debt owed to a single party (or connected party) is restricted so they cannot have a controlling vote in a CVA situation. I don't know how you would do that but we cannot leave ourselves open to having to start again from the bottom.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1406
Team Supported: Darlington
Lo, why don't you see what transpires with MG and the 2 investors before you pre judge the situation, if Dave Hodgson is involved he is as passionate about our club as Martin is.At this point in time we have to trust Martin that he has all our interests at heart, he stated that in his rallying speech and gave the room a massive lift at the end of what was a difficult evening.He asked us to trust him and he has certainly got that from me.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:34 pm
Posts: 9
Team Supported: Darlington
Interesting to see some some 'Fans' opinions. if Raj does come back, are you willing to stop supporting the players, staff and volunteers who have worked tirelessly to regain a reputation for a club that was at rock bottom? If the fans don't come together on this one, the last 5 years will have been wasted.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:33 pm
Posts: 1111
Team Supported: Darlington
Lo is absolutely right regarding the CVA and investor.

If we went pop again, that would be finally it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], JE93 and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group