Advertise Here
You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:51 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:19 pm
Posts: 112
Team Supported: Darlington
Allan Quatermain wrote:
Is it just me or has there been some pledges taken back out?

When i wanted to increase my donation i had to first cancel my original pledge so hopefully that is what has happened here.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 4:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Posts: 3860
Team Supported: Darlington
£24k now in scheme (1 of 3) for more seating. 48% of the way there....

£33k now also in the Boost the Budget initiative.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:55 pm
Posts: 3296
Location: Gruzia
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo
Well done to our new CEO and to the DFCSG Board - a £10k cost saving on the first phase of the works means that we're just £3,800 short of our target.

http://dfcsg.co.uk/?x=entry:entry170606-071717

Also DRFC have agreed that we can start the groundworks for the new stand just as soon as we've met the target and collected on the pledges so here's the link again for anyone who wants to help us get there and move the fundraising on the phase 2.

http://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/

Also there's also a reduction of the third phase target down to £37,000 so the news just gets better and better.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 20553
Team Supported: Darlington
Great news all around, phase 1 now within touching distance of being completed.

I think by far the most challenging pitch will be the 50k phase 2, still seems a big ask, hope I'm wrong and we motor through it.

I reckon the final 37k will be a comparative breeze, as we'd be at the final hurdle, potentially in the play off race, the foundations will be down already, and maybe also some of the steel work.

_________________
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:40 am
Posts: 69
Team Supported: Darlington
£400 outstanding until Phase 1 is complete and closing in on £40k for Boost the Budget. :clap:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:55 pm
Posts: 3296
Location: Gruzia
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo
Target reached :clap: Roll on stage 2!

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:55 pm
Posts: 3296
Location: Gruzia
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo
The Phase 2 pitch is waiting for someone to break the ice...

Image

http://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupporte ... ase-2-of-3


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:55 pm
Posts: 3296
Location: Gruzia
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo
Good start - already over £1000 in the Phase 2 pot...

http://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupporte ... ase-2-of-3


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Posts: 3860
Team Supported: Darlington
£3.5k now in Phase 2.

Seriously, absolutely fantastic. That's £44k we raised on the pitch, £40k for Phase 1, £39k for MG's budget and another £3.5k on Phase 2.

Even discounting Raj's £10k that is still a pretty impressive £116k raised in what, 6 weeks?

Hopefully we can keep this momentum going on all fronts. All quiet on the playing side front so hoping to hear something soon.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 4687
Team Supported: Darlington
We've gone past £40000 for Boost the Budget :clap:

_________________
https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 20553
Team Supported: Darlington
So...

After 3.5k in the first day, the fund has hardly moved in the last fortnight, it's now at £5,250 - and that's only cos an individual chucked in £500 yesterday.

It has completely stopped, sometimes going 2 or 3 days without a single pledge.

Today, we have exactly 100 days to raise another £44,750. That is £447.50 a day, every day - and while that doesn't sound like a lot, it is more than we have been raising per day over the last week or two.

Have we ran out of fans that are able to contribute, is the pot now dry?

What happens if we can't raise the money for phase 2 by the deadline. We NEED to get this work done, this year.

The club may have to consider a mainstream loan as a back up plan.

_________________
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 4687
Team Supported: Darlington
It is going worryingly slowly. Don't forget if we do raise the next ~£45k, there is another £37k needed on top of that.

At most, 90 people have invested in the seats (it could be lower than that as there may be some who've invested in both seating pitches). There was of course the pitch pitch too, and I can't remember how many people invested in that, but it's looking like there aren't enough fans who are able (or willing?) to contribute to BM's development.

If that is the case, like you say, another plan is needed. Dramatically cut the playing budget? Pray for a cup run? Loan? Sell a couple of our better players (if possible)? Being ineligible for the playoffs due to seating issues once nearly tore our club apart. If it happens a second time then I do worry as to what might happen.

_________________
https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 20553
Team Supported: Darlington
Who knows.

I'm still pretty confident that we will raise the last 37k relatively easily though - final hurdle and all that, and especially if work has started and the stand is taking shape.

But it's this 50k which is a worry, it does seem a huge ask right now.

_________________
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:19 pm
Posts: 112
Team Supported: Darlington
Quakerz wrote:
Who knows.

I'm still pretty confident that we will raise the last 37k relatively easily though - final hurdle and all that, and especially if work has started and the stand is taking shape.

But it's this 50k which is a worry, it does seem a huge ask right now.

As I said before speaking to Wayne at DFCSG if all the members renew their memberships there will hopefully be enough in the coffers to purchase the seats.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:40 pm
Posts: 595
Team Supported: Darlington
The present stage was launched earlier than expected and is still a month ahead so it will be interesting to see what impetus there is once season starts and holidays are over.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Posts: 3860
Team Supported: Darlington
We have still raised an utterly fantastic amount in just 10 weeks since the fundraising drive was launched.

£43k for a new pitch / drainage.

£40k for ground works for the new stand.

£41.5k towards MG's budget.

£5.8k towards steel work and cladding.

I do, however, accept that things have slowed down a fair bit over the past few weeks. I do think that the return of football, week in week out, and the addition of possibly a few sponsorships towards the scheme, will see things pick up a little.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 20553
Team Supported: Darlington
OK, not a single penny has been pledged to the stand in the last week.

This being the stand which we desperately need not just to be eligible for promotion, but because we simply need more seats in any case.

We are not looking like raising the remaining 43 grand to complete stage 2, this is looking fucked.

We need a miracle.

_________________
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 10938
Team Supported: Darlington
Quakerz wrote:
OK, not a single penny has been pledged to the stand in the last week.

This being the stand which we desperately need not just to be eligible for promotion, but because we simply need more seats in any case.

We are not looking like raising the remaining 43 grand to complete stage 2, this is looking fucked.

We need a miracle.
But we've signed Heaton and definitely need Fenwick, so the squad is stronger than last season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 20553
Team Supported: Darlington
Yes, I see that Darlo_Pete is happy that the squad looks stronger than last season, which will keep us in contention.

All is well then.

_________________
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 10938
Team Supported: Darlington
Quakerz wrote:
Yes, I see that Darlo_Pete is happy that the squad looks stronger than last season, which will keep us in contention.

All is well then.
We are currently the equivalent of all those teams in the pitchfork invitational league who don't apply for promotion but still try to win the league.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9720
Team Supported: Darlington
Who said sarcasm is dead?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:59 pm
Posts: 369
Location: Hereford
Team Supported: Darlington
We shall just have to borrow the money to fully fund the stand developments then.
We inherited debt when we took over the club and paid it back. In the scale of things it is not a large amount but it will guarantee having a ground fit for promotion.
The only money we need to raise would be the money to pay repay the annual interest on the loan. Sizeable yes as we have no tangible assets, but surely we only need this loan for a few years until the 500 club season ticket money starts to roll back into the club.
Without the development going ahead to meet the league deadlines we may as well go back to the 'Home For Tea League'. Quite how folks saw the 'Increase the budget' pitch as more important than ' fund the stand ' pitch is strange, but then again they probably wanted Singh to come back and take over.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 10938
Team Supported: Darlington
banktopp wrote:
We shall just have to borrow the money to fully fund the stand developments then.
We inherited debt when we took over the club and paid it back. In the scale of things it is not a large amount but it will guarantee having a ground fit for promotion.
The only money we need to raise would be the money to pay repay the annual interest on the loan. Sizeable yes as we have no tangible assets, but surely we only need this loan for a few years until the 500 club season ticket money starts to roll back into the club.
Without the development going ahead to meet the league deadlines we may as well go back to the 'Home For Tea League'. Quite how folks saw the 'Increase the budget' pitch as more important than ' fund the stand ' pitch is strange, but then again they probably wanted Singh to come back and take over.
If we can get a loan, then yes that may be the way forward. But that impacts the following season's finance and the season after etc.

That will inevitably mean once again the fans dipping into their pockets to fund a squad that can compete at whatever level we find ourselves in.

If we could find the ground this season with no loan, no debt, then we can move on next season sustainabpy knowing the money we generate forms the budgets. Forever repaying debts and loans puts us in a false position and always chasing our tails. I'd take a season or two of mid table stagnation in exchange for that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3441
Team Supported: Darlington
Trouble is that Martin Gray won't and he's the guy who's de facto running the club.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:59 pm
Posts: 369
Location: Hereford
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlogramps wrote:
Trouble is that Martin Gray won't and he's the guy who's de facto running the club.

This is what concerns me.
Whilst I do not question his managerial skills on the pitch, he is ambitious and to further that ambition has already sought outside investors taking over the club. Of course if he could generate some decent cup runs or even one decent cup run a lot of funding problems could be solved.
Even if we manage to upgrade the ground I think we will still face the prospect of increasing demands from Gray which will be financially unsustainable until the end of the 500 club.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 817
Team Supported: Darlington
If we'd do get promoted then our CEO has openly said that we'll be unable to compete financially without investment. We'd need to be able to turn over another 600k and that's without the ground improvements (which would be approx. 200k matching the FSIF grant to generate 400k).


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 10938
Team Supported: Darlington
What does 'compete' mean though?

I'd be confident that we could hold our own in midtable with a couple of additions.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3441
Team Supported: Darlington
Spyman wrote:
What does 'compete' mean though?

I'd be confident that we could hold our own in midtable with a couple of additions.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yeah but with the 8 new strikers, 6 midfielders and 10 defenders MG would bring in, we would make the play-offs (until we're forcibly relegated because our ground isn't up-to-standard).

But this is all irrelevant because right now WE CAN'T BE PROMOTED.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 10938
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlogramps wrote:
Spyman wrote:
What does 'compete' mean though?

I'd be confident that we could hold our own in midtable with a couple of additions.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yeah but with the 8 new strikers, 6 midfielders and 10 defenders MG would bring in, we would make the play-offs (until we're forcibly relegated because our ground isn't up-to-standard).

But this is all irrelevant because right now WE CAN'T BE PROMOTED.
So you're saying we don't need Fenwick?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3441
Team Supported: Darlington
Apparently the squad which finished 5th last season, and has had just 1 major departure, is no longer competitive.

So we should be signing as many players as we can to go for this promotion we're not eligible for.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 32 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group